FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 315
Page 315 of 358 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 5363

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Humanity's Stongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckyZero View Post
    Ok question as i couldn't find it, can i use the PokeTransfer Labs in Black to transfer pokemon to black 2? or do i have to simply just keep trading between to two? surely there's an easier way to do so without having to keep catching duplicates to trade for my other pokemon in pokemon black
    You just trade normally between Black and Black 2, PokeTransfer is for tranfering from Gen 4 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Ok question as i couldn't find it, can i use the PokeTransfer Labs in Black to transfer pokemon to black 2? or do i have to simply just keep trading between to two? surely there's an easier way to do so without having to keep catching duplicates to trade for my other pokemon in pokemon black
    You just trade normally between Black and Black 2, PokeTransfer is for tranfering from Gen 4 games.
    Ah ok, well that kinda sucks.. well it was a nice thought anyways cause ill just capture duplicates in black 2 to trade between since you cant just transfer or give...
    Trainer: Pikachu! use your bolt... of lightning..
    Pikachu: PIK A PI!!!!

My FC's are
    Black: 1937 2013 7696
    Black 2: 0777 5286 2008
    3DS/Pokemon Y: 1161 0913 2592

Default Weird glitch maybe?

I've got white 2 on an emulator, and in Chargestone cave i found a level 9 Pidgeot O.O is this some random glitch?

I'd post a pic.. but I can't figure out how to

We're very concerned. Bittersweet's Avatar

Hey, I wasn't sure if this belongs here as I'm not sure it's a "simple question".

Me and a friend of mine are both just one Trainer Card upgrade away from getting Black/White Trainer Cards in Black 2 and White 2. (I have White 2.) Getting the last Trainer Card upgrade has been a long standing goal for us, but it takes ages, and we're hoping to get them before X and Y are released.

Anyway, the last challenge we need to accomplish is "Get the Black and White Entree levels to 30 or higher". At the moment, my Entree is Black Lv. 10 and White Lv. 10 after hours of doing Funfest Missions together…

What's frustrating us is that the level up system seems to work fairly randomly… We alternated between who was the 'Host' of the mission and who had to 'Join' the mission via C-Gear.

My question is, how many Funfest Missions do you need to do before the relevant level goes up? Does it work by some sort of "hidden" experience value?
    In order to get to Black Level 30 and White Level 30, do you literally need to complete every Funfest Mission in all three ranks? Where does this leave me on the Missions that are literally impossible for two players to do (such as the ones that ask you to defeat 30 Trainers in 3 minutes)?

I'm just really confused as to how the whole Entralink system is supposed to work in Black 2/White 2. I've scoured the internet and can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere, not even from Bulbapedia, about how many Missions you need to do before your Entree levels up.

Blog Entries

So I was on the Royal Unova tonight trying to level up my female Delcatty, who as Skitty had just learned Assist then Evolved, and we faced off against a male Marill.
    I used Attract on Marill and Marill then used Bubblebeam on me. I decided to give Assist a go and it used my Servine's Vine Whip on Marill, but it came off as just a regular hit - it was not "Super Effective!" I then tried Assist again and this tie it became my Dewott's Ice Beam, which was also a regular hit - no "it's not very effective" or anything.

Does Assist cancel out the "super effective" and "not very effective" traits of moves? Does Marill have some kind of Ability that cancels those out? I've looked briefly into both and couldn't find anything really at all that helped - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance <3

//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Gardevoir avatar made by myself

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    So I was on the Royal Unova tonight trying to level up my female Delcatty, who as Skitty had just learned Assist then Evolved, and we faced off against a male Marill.
    I used Attract on Marill and Marill then used Bubblebeam on me. I decided to give Assist a go and it used my Servine's Vine Whip on Marill, but it came off as just a regular hit - it was not "Super Effective!" I then tried Assist again and this tie it became my Dewott's Ice Beam, which was also a regular hit - no "it's not very effective" or anything.

Does Assist cancel out the "super effective" and "not very effective" traits of moves? Does Marill have some kind of Ability that cancels those out? I've looked briefly into both and couldn't find anything really at all that helped - anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance <3
    Your Delcatty may have Normalize, which will makes all attacks it uses assume a Normal typing before landing on a foe.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil, Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4), Hint Coin (Professor Layton), Pandora Claws (Kid Icarus Uprising), Speedwing (Fire Emblem), Dark Pit's theme, and Confrontation with the Enemy (Xenoblade)
    Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Is there a way I can get more then one Pokemon from BW to BW2 and vice-versa?
    3DS FC: 1547-5466-8771
    Never stop dreaming

Avatar by EVsaur EVsaur's Art Shop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Isramon View Post
    No. Trading has always been 1:1. If you're trying to transfer without losing anything, just catch common Pokémon for trade fodder.

Quote Originally Posted by Miar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isramon View Post
    No. Trading has always been 1:1. If you're trying to transfer without losing anything, just catch common Pokémon for trade fodder.
    yeah thats what im thinking about doing... just wish it was more simple lol... i think i will just trade the ones i really cared about and put a lot of effort into training i dont want 230 hours to go to waste lol......

Also another question when it comes to IV/EV training which is easier as i have a well balanced ditto and is it better to start training once they hatch oooor when higher leveled? say like charizard and his final evolution for example

My FC's are

Blog Entries

Also another question when it comes to IV/EV training which is easier as i have a well balanced ditto and is it better to start training once they hatch oooor when higher leveled? say like charizard and his final evolution for example
    Well, as long as you get the same overall amount of EVs, it doesn't matter what level you get them. For example, a Lv. 50 Charizard who got 100 attack EVs when they were a Lv. 1 Charmander would have no EV advantage over a Lv. 50 Charizard that just trained up 100 EVs a couple of levels prior.

That being said, since gaining experience by battling other Pokémon always results in the Pokémon getting EVs (even through Exp. Share), it's usually easier to start training earlier in order to keep track of which EVs your Pokémon has accrued.

If you want to go more in-depth about how EVs work, I'd suggest checking out the Bulbapedia page on them.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Well, as long as you get the same overall amount of EVs, it doesn't matter what level you get them. For example, a Lv. 50 Charizard who got 100 attack EVs when they were a Lv. 1 Charmander would have no EV advantage over a Lv. 50 Charizard that just trained up 100 EVs a couple of levels prior.

That being said, since gaining experience by battling other Pokémon always results in the Pokémon getting EVs (even through Exp. Share), it's usually easier to start training earlier in order to keep track of which EVs your Pokémon has accrued.

If you want to go more in-depth about how EVs work, I'd suggest checking out the Bulbapedia page on them.
    Awesome, thanks ^_^ yeah i figure i would work on my Emboar which is 62 atm and i tried using the wings since there was no restriction on them and i couldn't use them but the capsules work like the carbos and iron and zinc.. but i shall look it up further in depth and thanks again

My FC's are

Hi, I've just joined these forums because something really weird has just happened on my friends Black 2 Game. He hadn't got any event pokemon before and had only just connected his 3ds to his wifi for the first time. He then went onto the mystery gift and selected receive from nintendo wfc. First he got a lv70 Meloetta, then a lv70 Genesect, then 2 Keldeos, (one shiny). Sometimes it gave him nothing and sometimes he got another pokemon. He eventually got Victini, Jirachi, Celebi and Mew. We had no idea what was going on. I'm assuming this wasn't supposed to happen. Has this ever happened before and do you know why/how this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo777 View Post
    Hi, I've just joined these forums because something really weird has just happened on my friends Black 2 Game. He hadn't got any event pokemon before and had only just connected his 3ds to his wifi for the first time. He then went onto the mystery gift and selected receive from nintendo wfc. First he got a lv70 Meloetta, then a lv70 Genesect, then 2 Keldeos, (one shiny). Sometimes it gave him nothing and sometimes he got another pokemon. He eventually got Victini, Jirachi, Celebi and Mew. We had no idea what was going on. I'm assuming this wasn't supposed to happen. Has this ever happened before and do you know why/how this happened?
    That's weird, first time i've heard about that.. i recently got black myself oh about almost a month ago when they were doing the Deoxys mystery gift thing... and I've even tried doing the different ones like wifi or nintendo wifi in mystery gift and comes up with nothing... so maybe your friend got a lucky Black 2 Cartridge?

My FC's are

Yeah, we were so confused. Also each pokemon had my friends name as the OT instead of what it should say. I tried to do it on my ds but no luck.

Default IV questions

I do read the guides on IVs but I haven't found one that shows examples (like screenshots). So they still don't make sense to me. I've mastered EV training easy and want to try IVs now so I have a few questions...

The guides state that a "single" 31 IV in a stat is the best. I used an IV calculator and results come up like this, for example:

Stat 1: 31, 29, 28
    Stat 2: 28, ..., 1
    Stat 3: 16, 14, 13, 11, ..., 1
    Stat 4: 31, ..., 1

etc.

So basically, if you don't get a single number 31 in a stat (just 31 by itself) then it's not as good as it could be? What's with all the other number combos? WHat about a 31 right through to a 1? Or 28 through to a 1? Or 31 to 1 but with random numbers missing in between?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't read the intro thread. This might belong in the simple questions thread?