FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 301
Page 301 of 350 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 5244

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Pokemon White or Black 2?

I think that B2/W2 are worth checking out. While the storyline wasn't as good as it was in B/W, I thought it was pretty enjoyable for the most part still and a decent sequel. The post-storyline content is far better than what B/W had and it does expand Unova a bit so it didn't feel as small as it did in the first games. So, I think that the games are worth checking out.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

What causes this to happen?

I had released every pokemon in my PC & party to test this out, and a single Relicanth (that I had only ever used to activate the Regis puzzle) and a Rayquaza (that I had been using to just fly me everywhere) were the only two pokemon I owned that just flat out refuse to be released. What in their data makes them "bond" to you in this way? I've never seen this brought up before and I'm really curious.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post

I had released every pokemon in my PC & party to test this out, and a single Relicanth (that I had only ever used to activate the Regis puzzle) and a Rayquaza (that I had been using to just fly me everywhere) were the only two pokemon I owned that just flat out refuse to be released. What in their data makes them "bond" to you in this way? I've never seen this brought up before and I'm really curious.
    Might it be because they know Surf and/or Fly and if you release them you are stuck in your location? Other than that, high friendship maybe?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Because they are the only pokemon that know a certain HM move, it doesn't let you release them incase you end up getting stuck somewhere. For example you could be on an island with no surf or fly, no pokemon that can learn surf or fly, and no way of catching a pokemon that knows surf or fly (let's say you skipped the fishing rods)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Might it be because they know Surf and/or Fly and if you release them you are stuck in your location? Other than that, high friendship maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    Because they are the only pokemon that know a certain HM move, it doesn't let you release them incase you end up getting stuck somewhere. For example you could be on an island with no surf or fly, no pokemon that can learn surf or fly, and no way of catching a pokemon that knows surf or fly (let's say you skipped the fishing rods)
    Hmm..I hadn't thought of that. Suppose it's the most logical thing ^^;; Thanks you two~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Kiro View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here's my question anyway:

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

P.S.: What DSi features do Black and White use?
    Could you please answer this. There a great offer for a brand new DSi (50% off), but I'm not sure if I will be able to play US cartridges (I have a few) on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

Since the two games are not actually DSi cartridges, then they should be able to work on any DS handheld. As for DSi enhanced features, BW does not really have any note-worthy. It utilizes the DSi's improved wifi settings, but other than that, nothing really more.

Now, I have a couple of questions of my own, about PMD: Gates to Infinity,

One, when are pigment materials unlocked in the request board? I unlocked the ability to paint my facilities, but I still can't search for pigments in the request board.

Two, what is the maximum level when upgrading moves? One of my moves is already at level 4, and I'm wondering how much longer it will take until it's maxed out. Thanks.

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Post Thanks / Like

Could you please answer this. There a great offer for a brand new DSi (50% off), but I'm not sure if I will be able to play US cartridges (I have a few) on it.
    I think that they are region locked, so I'm sorry to say no, you wont be able to.
    There was a question on yahoo answers like this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110215122534AAj9J8L](Clicky) A normal DS game should work fine though.

But hey, 50% off for brand new? I would personally still do that! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are all tourneys doubles?

So are all wifi competitions these days double battles? I'd like to do one but I'm not ready for doubles.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Are all tourneys doubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamaguado View Post
    So are all wifi competitions these days double battles? I'd like to do one but I'm not ready for doubles.
    Yes, most Wi-Fi competitions are double battles. The Pokémon World Championship Qualifiers and Finals are flat double battles so the Wi-Fi competitions are good ways to practice for them. Also many moves and abilities are more useful in double battles than single battles such as Heal Pulse or Helping Hand, a combination of Earthquake and the ability Levitate, a combination of the the ability Drought and a Grass type Pokémon using SolarBeam or a combination of Drizzle and the abilities Swift Swim or Rain Dish or the moves Thunder or Hurricane.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and serveses depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and services depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?
    I believe that is correct. Serebii has a list of what games cause what variation of shop (listed at the top of each shop listing here), and while I don't know how accurate it is (I never had the chance to connect with other people's games to verify), it seems fairly reliable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and serveses depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    In Join Avenue, you know how the people have different groups and sell different stuff and services depending on what group they are in? Well, for the real people who visit your Avenue, per say, like through Dream World, does the group they are in depend on what game they have? For example maybe a person who has Pokemon Black Version is in group B?
    I believe that is correct. Serebii has a list of what games cause what variation of shop (listed at the top of each shop listing here), and while I don't know how accurate it is (I never had the chance to connect with other people's games to verify), it seems fairly reliable.
    Psst, Bulbapedia has it's own list too ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Psst, Bulbapedia has it's own list too ;)
    True, but Bulbapedia's list does not seem to have the shop variations tied to the games the shop owners originate from. If that is how it works (again, can't verify it myself), we should edit it in somewhere.

It does have it for the NPC shop owners, though, so that's a plus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Phijkchu's Youtube Channel

I just got Pokemon Black 2? Can anyone provide me with background from Black or White? I have played all the other games, and have preordered Pokemon X. I have no intentions of playing Black or White, so I don't care about spoilers from THAT game. Don't spoil anything from Black 2, please.

Pokemon X Friend Code : 0447 - 5738 - 4720