FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 300
Page 300 of 354 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302310350 ... LastLast
Results 4,486 to 4,500 of 5310

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

1. I had caught Cobalion as soon as it was available, but I didn't catch Virizion (Virizion appeared normally). After Terrakion didn't appear, I did go back and catch Virizion, but it hasn't helped.
    2. I've walked all around Route 22 and reentered the area multiple times to no avail.

It's possible that I skipped something, but I can't think of what it could be.
    I've just gone back to look through the tutorial, and if I'v missed something, I didn't find it. Virizion and Cobalion did appear normally though, and this is the first time I've had a problem with my game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dashkin13 View Post
    1. I had caught Cobalion as soon as it was available, but I didn't catch Virizion (Virizion appeared normally). After Terrakion didn't appear, I did go back and catch Virizion, but it hasn't helped.
    2. I've walked all around Route 22 and reentered the area multiple times to no avail.

It's possible that I skipped something, but I can't think of what it could be.
    I've just gone back to look through the tutorial, and if I'v missed something, I didn't find it. Virizion and Cobalion did appear normally though, and this is the first time I've had a problem with my game.
    Hmm, going over the situation, I would think you've triggered everything that needs to be triggered for the event to occur.

Just a thought, but are you approaching the area with Terrakion from the east or the south? I know the route has multiple paths to get to and from each place, so both would be feasible if I'm not mistaken. This is just me guessing, but maybe the Terrakion event will only occur if you approach it from the east upon entering the route?

Also, just as a note, I don't believe beating Route 22 and Seaside Cave before the gym should cause the problem, since I did the same thing to train for Marlon's gym, and this problem didn't occur for me.

Default Re: Pokemon White or Black 2?

People play Pokemon for story?

BW2 have better replay value than BW.

Blog Entries

You were disappointed by the best games in the franchise?

And yes, after Black & White, story is a very important factor in Pokémon games. One of the reasons B2W2 isn't as good as BW is the lack of a better storyline.

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

I say yes. Not because of the idea that the sequal is better than the original in some aspects. But solely on the experience of a continuation in story, getting to see the outcome of the last game after all that happened. Where your friends went with their lifes, how Gym Leaders may have changed, how the big characters like Alder, N, and Ghetsis were affected by your victory over Plasma in the last game. I say yes as a fan who felt that simply beating the bad guys and beating the Elite Four shouldn't have been the end of all a region has to offer. That there could be more, through time. Say, two years or so of character growth, region change...replanning and learning from your mistakes.

I was already going to buy the game because I always loved third installments like Crystal - hello, female player character~! - and Platinum - hello, actually good version of the story. But finding out B2W2 were sequals rather than a remake made me excited for more news on how the region had changed and what would be brought in to expand the world of Unova. In fact, I kept a close eye on the release of Gen5 - like I'm doing with 6 - to the point that I had Japanese names memorized. But with B2W2 I refused to even look up anything beyond the name of the player characters because I choose to use those. Everything else was a pleasant surprise. Though I did wait outside for a Gamestop to open...on my only vacation from work for an entire year...Pokemon robbed my vacation from me, and I couldn't have been happier. In fact, the first day of my vacation was spent deciding between the starters for my player character. I choose Snivy...Wow, I trailed off bad...

*cough*

Anyway!

I didn't buy the game with the knowledge of whether gameplay was better or battle systems improved or what have you. I bought it as a fan who always wanted to see a region become more...I don't know. But if you've ever wanted to see what became of Hilda/Hilbert's sacrifices and battles, N's and Alder's losses, and Ghetsis defeat...I say buy it. Buy. Give Nintendo your money.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    People play Pokemon for story?
    Believe it or not, yes. It's one of the big reasons why I think White/Black are the best games in the main series.

And as previous posters mentioned, what didn't you like about White/Black? If it was the Pokemon/Lack of things to do, pick up White/Black 2. If it was anything else, I wouldn't suggest picking White/Black 2.

Blog Entries

No, B2/W2 are not worth getting. Don't waste your money on it.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Is it possible to get the Starters with their Dream World Abilities without Hacking?
    Cause, I was under the impression they have not been released in the Dream World yet
    but some people seam to be using them.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Like everyone else said,

If you're disappointed with the amount of post-game content in BW, then get B2W2. It's got a lot more things to do.

If you're disappointed with the story line of BW, then don't get B2W2. It has less story to it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Is it possible to get the Starters with their Dream World Abilities without Hacking?
    Cause, I was under the impression they have not been released in the Dream World yet
    The Sinnoh starters were released with their DW abilities in the US (for B2/W2). Hoenn starters were released with their DW abilties only in Japan.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    The Sinnoh starters were released with their DW abilities in the US (for B2/W2). Hoenn starters were released with their DW abilties only in Japan.
    Hmm... that's a little ..... depressing.
    But what of the Unova starters? I see them being used too.

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Hmm... that's a little ..... depressing.
    But what of the Unova starters? I see them being used too.
    They havent been released in the Dream World yet.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    You were disappointed by the best games in the franchise?
    Because the 5th gen games are completely superior to every other game in every other way. It's not like the games had horribly linear storyline paths or lacked exploration or anything like that.

This is good list to refer to: List of Pokémon with released Hidden Abilities - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh starters are the only ones released thus far.

Blog Entries
    Follow Cerberuswaltz On Twitter
    Follow Cerberuswaltz on Tumblr Visit Cerberuswaltz's Youtube Channel

I agree, get it! As I told a friend, for me, it felt like it's how Unova/Isshu is supposed to be explored!! It adds so much and the gyms and battles seem less tedious now that you don't see Watchogs and Lillipup all over the place!

Story, not so much- B/W still has the better. But it's still fun to play and really goes through great lengths to give you an old experience.