FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 3
Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I mean the whole world in Crystal.

So The absolutely needed ones are Surf, Strength, Whirlpool, and Waterfall?

Cut, Flash, Fly, and Rock Smash (and by proxy Headbutt) are generally useless?
    From the start of the game, you need every one listed except for fly and flash (though both are handy).

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

About the internal battery: sometimes you can fix it through using a patch by connecting with FRLGE, but other times you actually have to go and replace the battery manually.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jm-9 View Post
    In my Gold, I have "junk" mail in my pc, made up of weird symbols. I also have many room decorations that I did not obtain through mystery gift (including an unown doll which is only obtainable through Stadium 2, which I do not have). Is the internal battery almost dead?
    Maybe, maybe not (See "Related problems" and "Causes")
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    About the internal battery: sometimes you can fix it through using a patch by connecting with FRLGE, but other times you actually have to go and replace the battery manually.
    What patch do you mean? I thought gen 2 was incompatible with gen3.

By the way, thanks Minimiscience. I think that is the problem.
    Last edited by jm-9; 19th April 2011 at 06:54 AM.

never finished Gen. 2 ZeekSlider's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default G/S/C - Level 40 or Level 60 Lugia/Ho-Oh

Which do you guys think is better when the intend to to level both of them up to Level 100?

Catching the Level 40 versions of Lugia/Ho-Oh in the Silver/Gold cames or catching their Level 60 versions in Crystal?

I'm leaning towards the L40s versions just because of the simple mentality of "trained Pokemon are better than wild Pokemon at that same level," but that would mean playing those entire games all over again. (Not to mention going through the task of replacing the internal batteries again. )

Still, the thought did cross my mind. I mean, if you had the option of catching a legendary at a lower level (legally) and were going to train it up to Level 100, would you go through all that trouble?

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Crystal
    The Ultimate Goal of Team Breeder

Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, did you clone any of your Pokemon? Sometimes you could obtain a bad clone, perhaps it over written some data in your PC storage system. Also, if the game keeps asking you to set the time after the title screen, it's a sign that the battery is about to die. So in your case, it could be a bad clone. :\
    :V

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenfreak View Post
    Out of curiosity, did you clone any of your Pokemon? Sometimes you could obtain a bad clone, perhaps it over written some data in your PC storage system. Also, if the game keeps asking you to set the time after the title screen, it's a sign that the battery is about to die. So in your case, it could be a bad clone. :\
    Yes, I did clone my pokémon many, many times. So that could be the reason. It would also explain why this has not happened in my Crystal, as I did not know how to clone in that until recently.

Fortunately, Gold does not ask me yet to reset the time, so I still have time before the battery runs out. Time enough to get the Gameboy Color Mega Memory Card to back up my save files.

Blog Entries

Is there something wrong with my game?

I seem to be only encountering female bugs during the Bug Catching Contest. Strangely enough, I won the contest with the only male I found.

Blog Entries

I looked up the Happiness article on Bulbapedia to figure out why my Poliwhirl still hates me even after evolving and gaining 5 Levels. Heck, it's been with me for several breeding cycles now, as I've been trying to breed a male Scyther via a female one and a Ditto, which is more than 256 steps per egg/hatching cycle! But Pokemon Stadium and the Goldenrod Happiness Rater keep saying my Poliwhirl hates me.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? I don't use Herbs, and it hasn't fainted since I caught it. I only noticed this today after making it my HM Slave.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Is there something wrong with my game?

I seem to be only encountering female bugs during the Bug Catching Contest. Strangely enough, I won the contest with the only male I found.
    Law of averages dictates that that can happen.

I looked up the Happiness article on Bulbapedia to figure out why my Poliwhirl still hates me even after evolving and gaining 5 Levels. Heck, it's been with me for several breeding cycles now, as I've been trying to breed a male Scyther via a female one and a Ditto, which is more than 256 steps per egg/hatching cycle! But Pokemon Stadium and the Goldenrod Happiness Rater keep saying my Poliwhirl hates me.

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? I don't use Herbs, and it hasn't fainted since I caught it. I only noticed this today after making it my HM Slave.
    When you catch a pokemon, it starts at 70, right? Well, if you're leveling it up and hatching eggs with it in the lead, it will gain a lot of points, but it may only be at a middling happiness, and so when the reader reads it, it gives the answer for bad/average happiness.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

The FR/LG strategy guide says that the TMs Shadow Ball and Iron Tail (the two moves I want to teach my Flareon) are located in Celadon City. But I've been pretty much everywhere and I didn't find them anywhere.

Anyone know where they're located?
    Or are they not available until I finish the main story?
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

Default Re: Older Games Simple Questions Thread

Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend

Quote Originally Posted by KannaTC View Post
    Guys, what trick can be done in Emerald ver. without cheating? I heard it from my friend
    Possibly you're referring to Emerald's cloning glitch?

It can be done without the use of an external device, although I believe some parties may still consider it a form of cheating, as not everyone defines the word in the same way when it comes to Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
    Possibly you're referring to Emerald's cloning glitch?

It can be done without the use of an external device, although I believe some parties may still consider it a form of cheating, as not everyone defines the word in the same way when it comes to Pokemon.
    Wow,I think it is,Thank you!

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Tranquillity View Post
    The FR/LG strategy guide says that the TMs Shadow Ball and Iron Tail (the two moves I want to teach my Flareon) are located in Celadon City. But I've been pretty much everywhere and I didn't find them anywhere.

Anyone know where they're located?
    Or are they not available until I finish the main story?
    They're prizes in the Game Corner.
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

Page 3 of 356 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast