FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 294
Page 294 of 358 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344 ... LastLast
Results 4,396 to 4,410 of 5363

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I saw on Bulbapedia that the move Metronome never calls on Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, Secret Sword, Techno Blast, and V-Create to be used.

Is there any logical explanation for this?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    I saw on Bulbapedia that the move Metronome never calls on Freeze Shock, Ice Burn, Secret Sword, Techno Blast, and V-Create to be used.

Is there any logical explanation for this?
    Presumably because they're very powerful signature moves of various legendary Pokémon. Freeze Shock and Ice Burn are moves that only came about through the amalgam of Kyurem and Zekrom or Reshiram, not common knowledge moves. Secret Sword is, well, a secret. Techno Blast was created using technology and V-Create is a very special event move. Logically, those moves aren't called because they are either mythical, were made by recent in-game technology or were part of the mythical joining of Kyurem with Zekrom / Reshiram.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Default Pros and Cons of stopping evolution.

What are the pros and cons of not letting your Pokemon evolve? I heard at one point that they level faster at a lower evolutionary stage. What have you heard? Specifically in reference to Pokemon White

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pros and Cons of stopping evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by PiroNeko View Post
    What are the pros and cons of not letting your Pokemon evolve? I heard at one point that they level faster at a lower evolutionary stage. What have you heard? Specifically in reference to Pokemon White
    The rate of EXP gain has nothing to do with what evolution stage they're at. It mostly depends on what level they are. The article about experience points goes into more detail about what determines the growth rate of a Pokemon

One advantage is that Pokemon that evolve by leveling up will learn all their moves sooner than their evolved counterparts, while those that evolve by evolution stones can only learn their good moves before evolving. One disadvantage is that they'll have lower stats than their evolved counterparts. Although in Gen V, you can use an Eviolite to boost a not fully evolved Pokemon's defense and special defense stats by 50%.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXASHXX View Post
    Yeah I know that part XD. I don't know what each trainers values are though. I heard that if you change the clock at any time you can actually lock the areas and the only way to unlock them is to wait several days to let the areas reset. How do we know what their maximum values can be? If we can find out what they can be then I will know exactly how long to wait XD.:)
    Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to know a trainer's current value, so you just need to keep checking back every once in a while to see if they've left. As for the maximum value, I am not aware of one myself, but I'd assume it couldn't be any higher than 255 for the sake of coding. They may have even set it to a lower number like 100, but I am not sure.

The main advantage to not evolving Pokémon is that lower evolutionary stages learn some moves faster than their evolutions (for example, Snivy learns Leaf Storm at Lv. 43, while Servine learns it at Lv. 52 and Serperior doesn't learn it until Lv. 62). There are also some moves that only the lower evolutions will learn by level up (this is especially true in evolutions involving evolutionary stones, or evolutions which change a Pokemon's types).

A few other Pokémon are viewed as useful competitively in a lower evolutionary stage, especially in tandem with the item Eviolite (Porygon2, for example, is a much better tank than PorygonZ).

Other than those two things, though, I don't believe there are any other big advantages to evolving a Pokémon later. Evolution doesn't affect experience rates or EV training.

Other than learning moves a little faster, there's not much benefit. There may be a bracket of levels where it levels faster because of experience group, but this will be countered with a lull in another bracket of levels (as far as I know). The best way to figure this out is to check out what experience group the Pokémon you're raising in is and use that to see if it's worth your while holding off on evolution.

However, take Foongus and Amoongus for example: Foongus and Amoongus are in different experience groups, but it still takes 1,000,000 experience points to raise either one to level 100.

The difference would hardly be noticeable overall though, in my opinion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'm playing Fire Red, and I have a couple questions:

1. My Vileplume's moveset is Petal Dance, Acid, Sleep Powder, and Moonlight. Should I replace one of these with Giga Drain? I'm leaning towards replacing Petal Dance, since it's special attack stat is higher than it's attack stat, but I want a second opinion. This is just for in-game, not competitive.

2. Right now my party is at level 51. I've been rematching four trainers, two with Machop and Machoke, and a duo with Machoke and Primeape, all around level 38. I noticed that they yield more experience points than the wild Pokemon in Victory Road (one of which is Machoke), which are around level 46. For example, a wild Machoke at level 46 only yields around 900 EXP, while a trainer's level 38 Machoke yields around 1100 EXP. Why is this? Do trained Pokemon yield more experience points than wild Pokemon?
    Last edited by smalllady; 19th March 2013 at 03:57 PM.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Great, thanks! :)

Sorry to repost, but I didn't get a reply first time. When battling online in BW2 (particularly Random and Ranked battles from the Pokemon Center) are you allowed for two or more Pokemon to hold the same item?

For instance, could two of my Pokemon hold a Life Orb each and could the other two have hold one Leftovers each?
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 19th March 2013 at 05:31 PM.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

This is really urgent so... yeah.

In the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald...

Can the Wild Pokemon in the Battle Pike and/or the Battle Pyramid be Shiny?

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Shinx View Post
    This is really urgent so... yeah.

In the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald...

Can the Wild Pokemon in the Battle Pike and/or the Battle Pyramid be Shiny?
    Yes, but you can't catch them though.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XXASHXX View Post
    Yeah I know that part XD. I don't know what each trainers values are though. I heard that if you change the clock at any time you can actually lock the areas and the only way to unlock them is to wait several days to let the areas reset. How do we know what their maximum values can be? If we can find out what they can be then I will know exactly how long to wait XD.:)
    Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a way to know a trainer's current value, so you just need to keep checking back every once in a while to see if they've left. As for the maximum value, I am not aware of one myself, but I'd assume it couldn't be any higher than 255 for the sake of coding. They may have even set it to a lower number like 100, but I am not sure.

The main advantage to not evolving Pokémon is that lower evolutionary stages learn some moves faster than their evolutions (for example, Snivy learns Leaf Storm at Lv. 43, while Servine learns it at Lv. 52 and Serperior doesn't learn it until Lv. 62). There are also some moves that only the lower evolutions will learn by level up (this is especially true in evolutions involving evolutionary stones, or evolutions which change a Pokemon's types).

A few other Pokémon are viewed as useful competitively in a lower evolutionary stage, especially in tandem with the item Eviolite (Porygon2, for example, is a much better tank than PorygonZ).

Other than those two things, though, I don't believe there are any other big advantages to evolving a Pokémon later. Evolution doesn't affect experience rates or EV training.
    So if it is 100 I need to wait 20 days or so before I even enter those areas? If it is 255 then I need to wait around 50 days before I enter? So around 20 to 50 days before I can migrate? My first day was Sunday XD so around April 10 10 May 25 or something like that? I will check in 3 ish weeks if the values are that high XD.:)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum friend code

Diamond FC: 0433 1990 0782
    Pearl FC: 0819 7460 5698
    Platinum FC: 4857 0153 0533

HeartGold/SoulSilver friend code

HeartGold FC: 1420 5533 3308

Black/White friend code

White FC: 0777 1176 4886
    Black FC: 5072 5181 8171

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by Draykez View Post
    Great, thanks! :)

Sorry to repost, but I didn't get a reply first time. When battling online in BW2 (particularly Random and Ranked battles from the Pokemon Center) are you allowed for two or more Pokemon to hold the same item?

For instance, could two of my Pokemon hold a Life Orb each and could the other two have hold one Leftovers each?
    I think the Item Clause is always in effect for those kinds of battles. As far as I'm aware, the only way to battle without the Item Clause via WiFi is in the WiFi room using the 'No Restrictions' battle rules.

初段空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Senior Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

There is a medal called "Capturing Spree" which has a requirement description of "Capture at least 50 Pokémon within one day". Does this mean register at least 50 Pokémon in the Pokédex in one day or catching, hatching or obtaining at least 50 Pokémon in one day? If the second guess is correct can trading a Pokémon be a "capture"?
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Senior Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v5].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    There is a medal called "Capturing Spree" which has a requirement description of "Capture at least 50 Pokémon within one day". Does this mean register at least 50 Pokémon in the Pokédex in one day or catching, hatching or obtaining at least 50 Pokémon in one day? If the second guess is correct can trading a Pokémon be a "capture"?
    You do not need to register 50 new Pokémon, just obtain 50 new Pokémon, so your latter statement is correct. And yes, trading Pokémon with friends or transferring them through the PokéTransfer are both viable methods to obtain new Pokémon.

Default Hidden Grottos and SR

Hi!. I've been looking for some rare pokemon in Hidden Grottos, but since walking 256 steps takes some time, i decided to make some SR, at the entrance of the grotto. My question is, have anybody tried this? did it work? where did you save the game? I'm asking this because i've sred many times, but I get nothig, not even items. I started to count the steps while picking a repel on Abundant Shrine HG, and saved at the 255th step, one step from the entrance.
    3DS-FC: 0490-4967-8538
    My Safari: Psychic, with Abra, Espurr & Gothorita
    ING: Pablo.