FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 292

Page 292 of 346 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?

So I've been catching Mr imposter ditto over and over again in hopes of catching one that is either shiny or has 31 hp IVs. My question is that does its outside of battle sprite represent wether its shiny or not? Is shinyness determined upon starting battle or will i have to enter/exit the tree many times to see shiny?
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 12th March 2013 at 10:28 PM.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamaguado View Post
    So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?
    No you're not wasting your time, but it can be extemely hard to find. You likely will have to catch a lot of Ditto to find one with Flawless HP. Also unfortunately, Hidden Grotto Pokemon are set to never be shiny, meaning you wont be able to get a shiny one at all.

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here's my question anyway:

As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

P.S.: What DSi features do Black and White use?
    Last edited by Kiro; 13th April 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Vil

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!
    I think the HM moves that are required to advance through the story in DPPt are Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, and Waterfall.

I always put Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Strength on an Onix, Surf and Waterfall on the water-type member of my team, and Fly on the flying-type member of my team. The only downside was that I had to switch out one of my main team for Onix in some of the later parts of the game, such as Victory Road.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Does anyone know if the Gamestop Meloetta can be downloaded to B/W? I just tried it today on my White cartridge and it wasn't picking it up at all (via wireless). Serebii's event database says it's for B/W as well as B2/W2, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only for B2/W2.

Or maybe there's something wrong my my 3DS's wifi settings?
    I posted this in the Meloetta topic but I figured maybe I'm more likely to get an answer here.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Blog Entries

Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FallenIdol_453 View Post
    So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?
    Should work. My Lv. 100 Feraligatr got me both the solo medal and the Water-type team medals.

(And nice choice with Reuniclus, too!) :D

Default Migrating in Black and White 1

I did not post in the simple thread because I need help with the migrating process from White Forest into my Black City. I need to migrate everyone from my White Forest but the problem is no one want to migrate when I talk to the dudes in the Grey side. I have 10 dudes in Black City but when I engage a conversation they want to battle instead and they will not migrate. Right now I have 9 dudes showing in the grey side in White Forest and in Black City Britney is the only one visible. I don't know what their values are set at. I have been checking without saving but I don't know if points are still added when I do this. I have been trying to migrate for nearly 2 weeks and still no one has moved. I have done about 70 missions and a few feelings checks last week but I am not sure if those have any impact on their values though. I am not sure how high the values can be or if checking without saving still adds points anyway. If someone knows how to do this please post here or PM/VM me. Thanks XD. Oh Aron and Shinx are the only Pokemon in White Forest right now XD.:)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum friend code

Diamond FC: 0433 1990 0782
    Pearl FC: 0819 7460 5698
    Platinum FC: 4857 0153 0533

HeartGold/SoulSilver friend code

HeartGold FC: 1420 5533 3308

Black/White friend code

White FC: 0777 1176 4886
    Black FC: 5072 5181 8171

Follow Fandango on Tumblr

Default EV training question

Game: Pokémon Platinum
    Situation: Had two Azumarill lay an egg. In comes Marill, raised it to level 18, Attack stat seemed low (13)
    Solution: Wanted to try out some EV training, so I went to battle a boatload of Shinx in a row. Leveled up, only +1 in attack, when I calculated it should have been +5
    Question: what happened? How to fix, plox.

Blog Entries

Default Re: EV training question

Shinx gives 1 EV atk.

You wont see much difference between 252 EV and 0 EV Attack on a lvl 18 Marill.

attack of 13 is between 16-21 IV
    Add in 252 atp EV training you'd have around 23 atk

So unless you have killed hundreds of Shinx you wouldnt see much difference.

Blog Entries
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

Default Re: EV training question

What Codface said. If you really want to boost up your EV training, I recommend getting a Power Bracer. That way, you're guaranteed to get at least 4EV in your attack stat per battle, regardless of what you fight.

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Hey everybody!
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?
    Black 2 FC: 4127 4388 2259

Working on an all Dark team; Any advice is most certainly welcomed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaknamari View Post
    Hey everybody!
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?
    Yes, undortunately. You can not request a Pokemon through the GTS if you have not first seen the Pokemon in-game; battles with friends over Wi-Fi don't record Pokemon in your Pokedex.

Thank you very much @Beck.
    Black 2 FC: 4127 4388 2259

Working on an all Dark team; Any advice is most certainly welcomed