FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 292

Page 292 of 346 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 4,366 to 4,380 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

  1. #4366
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10

    Default

    So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?

    So I've been catching Mr imposter ditto over and over again in hopes of catching one that is either shiny or has 31 hp IVs. My question is that does its outside of battle sprite represent wether its shiny or not? Is shinyness determined upon starting battle or will i have to enter/exit the tree many times to see shiny?
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 12th March 2013 at 10:28 PM.

  2. #4367
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    22,005
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamaguado View Post
    So almost everywhere I've read about it says that dittos hp iv is the only IV that matters but I recently found a page that says the opposite. Ditto (B/W) - Smogon University I'm really set on getting catching my imposter ditto Either in shiny form or with 31 hp ivs since well 31 hp iv ditto means perfect ditto when to make anything else perfect you would have to have 31 everything. Am I wasting my time trying to get a 31 HP IV ditto?
    No you're not wasting your time, but it can be extemely hard to find. You likely will have to catch a lot of Ditto to find one with Flawless HP. Also unfortunately, Hidden Grotto Pokemon are set to never be shiny, meaning you wont be able to get a shiny one at all.

  3. #4368
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Sofia, Bulgaria
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right thread but here's my question anyway:

    As far as I know the DS Lite is not region-locked, but the DSi is. Since Pokemon Black and White are "DSi enchanced" games will I be able to play an American Pokemon White on an European DSi? I suppose there will be no problem but I'm not sure.

    P.S.: What DSi features do Black and White use?
    Last edited by Kiro; 13th April 2013 at 01:56 PM.

  4. #4369
    Vil
    Vil is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!

  5. #4370
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    I´m back! As I was battling the fourth gym leader I realized that soon I will be getting the HM fly (according to what people in that town said) and I guess I'm giving it to my Staravia, so far Bibarel has the HM's Cut, Strenght and Rock Slide, however I don't want to spread all the HM´s that I will receive in the future. What's the best combination to have for HM's? I´m guessing Bibarel (since it can learn up to four) and some other pokemon, but any combination of pokemon available to the point of the game that I´m in will be appreciated, again I´m on Pokemon DIamond. Thanks!
    I think the HM moves that are required to advance through the story in DPPt are Surf, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength, and Waterfall.

    I always put Rock Smash, Rock Climb, and Strength on an Onix, Surf and Waterfall on the water-type member of my team, and Fly on the flying-type member of my team. The only downside was that I had to switch out one of my main team for Onix in some of the later parts of the game, such as Victory Road.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  6. #4371
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Does anyone know if the Gamestop Meloetta can be downloaded to B/W? I just tried it today on my White cartridge and it wasn't picking it up at all (via wireless). Serebii's event database says it's for B/W as well as B2/W2, but according to Bulbapedia, it's only for B2/W2.

    Or maybe there's something wrong my my 3DS's wifi settings?
    I posted this in the Meloetta topic but I figured maybe I'm more likely to get an answer here.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  7. #4372
    Registered User FallenIdol_453's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    347
    Blog Entries
    9

    Follow FallenIdol_453 on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?
    Platinum Friend Code: 4428-0341-9435

    SoulSilver Friend Code: 2709-9984-3194

    Black Friend Code: 4428-2129-6693

    Black 2 Friend Code: 5244-0942-6506

    I always root for the ships that don't get a lot of love.

  8. #4373
    Dragon of the Water RiverAura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    White Forest
    Posts
    460
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenIdol_453 View Post
    So, about those Challenge Medals... if I take on the E4 with a level 100 Reuniclus, will I get the Challenge Medal for using one party Pokemon, as well as the Challenge Medal for using only Psychic types?
    Should work. My Lv. 100 Feraligatr got me both the solo medal and the Water-type team medals.

    (And nice choice with Reuniclus, too!) :D

  9. #4374
    Registered User XXASHXX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Washington State.
    Posts
    193

    Default Migrating in Black and White 1

    I did not post in the simple thread because I need help with the migrating process from White Forest into my Black City. I need to migrate everyone from my White Forest but the problem is no one want to migrate when I talk to the dudes in the Grey side. I have 10 dudes in Black City but when I engage a conversation they want to battle instead and they will not migrate. Right now I have 9 dudes showing in the grey side in White Forest and in Black City Britney is the only one visible. I don't know what their values are set at. I have been checking without saving but I don't know if points are still added when I do this. I have been trying to migrate for nearly 2 weeks and still no one has moved. I have done about 70 missions and a few feelings checks last week but I am not sure if those have any impact on their values though. I am not sure how high the values can be or if checking without saving still adds points anyway. If someone knows how to do this please post here or PM/VM me. Thanks XD. Oh Aron and Shinx are the only Pokemon in White Forest right now XD.:)
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum friend code

    Diamond FC: 0433 1990 0782
    Pearl FC: 0819 7460 5698
    Platinum FC: 4857 0153 0533

    HeartGold/SoulSilver friend code

    HeartGold FC: 1420 5533 3308

    Black/White friend code

    White FC: 0777 1176 4886
    Black FC: 5072 5181 8171

  10. #4375
    Pokémon Trooper Fandango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Schoten, Antwerp
    Posts
    180

    Follow Fandango on Tumblr

    Default EV training question

    Game: Pokémon Platinum
    Situation: Had two Azumarill lay an egg. In comes Marill, raised it to level 18, Attack stat seemed low (13)
    Solution: Wanted to try out some EV training, so I went to battle a boatload of Shinx in a row. Leveled up, only +1 in attack, when I calculated it should have been +5
    Question: what happened? How to fix, plox.

  11. #4376
    Registered User Codface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    562
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: EV training question

    Shinx gives 1 EV atk.

    You wont see much difference between 252 EV and 0 EV Attack on a lvl 18 Marill.

    attack of 13 is between 16-21 IV
    Add in 252 atp EV training you'd have around 23 atk

    So unless you have killed hundreds of Shinx you wouldnt see much difference.

  12. #4377
    Calm Gardevoir Raine Caulwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    An apartment in Hearthome City
    Posts
    113
    Blog Entries
    16
    Follow Raine Caulwell On Twitter

    Default Re: EV training question

    What Codface said. If you really want to boost up your EV training, I recommend getting a Power Bracer. That way, you're guaranteed to get at least 4EV in your attack stat per battle, regardless of what you fight.

  13. #4378
    Registered User Rhaknamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

    Hey everybody!
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

    I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

    How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

    For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

    Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?
    Black 2 FC: 4127 4388 2259

    Working on an all Dark team; Any advice is most certainly welcomed

  14. #4379
    Soul Suckin' Jerk Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Where It's At!
    Posts
    1,230
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaknamari View Post
    Hey everybody!
    I apologize in advance if this has been asked before. I have tried searching for the answer to my question but am unable to find it.

    I know that I can post in the GTS on the forum for Pokemon I am looking for, however my question is GTS game related.

    How do I populate information to request certain Pokemon over the GTS?

    For instance, I'd love to deposit a Pokemon and request a Squirtle. How do I do that??

    Do I have to have its information in my Pokedex first?
    Yes, undortunately. You can not request a Pokemon through the GTS if you have not first seen the Pokemon in-game; battles with friends over Wi-Fi don't record Pokemon in your Pokedex.

  15. #4380
    Registered User Rhaknamari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

    Thank you very much @Beck.
    Black 2 FC: 4127 4388 2259

    Working on an all Dark team; Any advice is most certainly welcomed

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •