FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 288
Page 288 of 352 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338 ... LastLast
Results 4,306 to 4,320 of 5275

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

ahh okay, I was at least hoping for a "...." though, you know? it's cool thouh

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

My Black Version was set up to use Wi-Fi on my DS lite, but it doesn't connect in my home. I always had to go to the library and use the internet there. Now, I have a 3DS, and it is able to connect at home. To switch my game over to use the GTS and other Wi-Fi things on my 3DS, it says,
    "Update Wi-Fi User Information
    saved in the save data?
    When you update your Wi-Fi User Information, you will
    lose all data that was used to
    connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

What exactly will this affect? It's not going to change the save file on my game, is it?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bug Catcher Wade View Post
    My Black Version was set up to use Wi-Fi on my DS lite, but it doesn't connect in my home. I always had to go to the library and use the internet there. Now, I have a 3DS, and it is able to connect at home. To switch my game over to use the GTS and other Wi-Fi things on my 3DS, it says,
    "Update Wi-Fi User Information
    saved in the save data?
    When you update your Wi-Fi User Information, you will
    lose all data that was used to
    connect to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection."

What exactly will this affect? It's not going to change the save file on my game, is it?
    thanks
    No it dosent affect your save file, but your Friend Code will change and all the Friend Codes in your Pal Pad will be deleted and need to be re registered I think.

Super Nintendo Chalmers Bug Catcher Wade's Avatar

That's all?
    Thanks!

Hey guys, I have a question. When I hit a Pokémon using Substitute, I almost always break the substitute, but some other times I have to hit it again to break it. Why is this? Is it determined randomly? Thanks!

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Hey guys, I have a question. When I hit a Pokémon using Substitute, I almost always break the substitute, but some other times I have to hit it again to break it. Why is this? Is it determined randomly? Thanks!
    It's down to the Pokémon with the substitutes defense. The higher the defense, the harder the substitute is to break.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    It's down to the Pokémon with the substitutes defense. The higher the defense, the harder the substitute is to break.
    This. But there's more to it.

A Pokemon's Defense and HP are interrelated. A Substitute literally has the HP equivalent of that offered to make the Substitute in the first place. If my Pikachu has 100 HP and uses Substitute then 1/4 of it's HP is placed in the Substitute. In this case, my Pikachu's Substitute would have 25 HP. If your Pidgey used Wing Attack and it deals 20 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 20 damage, and 5 HP would remain. My Pikachu's Substitute would not break. However, if your Diglett used Earthquake and it deals 50 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 50 damage, which exceeds the 25 HP input, breaking the Substitute in one hit unlike your Pidgey's Wing Attack.

It's the damage done that determines the longevity of a Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses do matter, but they don't determine the strength of a Pokemon's Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses will not increase or decrease while a Substitute.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

A Pokemon's Defense and HP are interrelated. A Substitute literally has the HP equivalent of that offered to make the Substitute in the first place. If my Pikachu has 100 HP and uses Substitute then 1/4 of it's HP is placed in the Substitute. In this case, my Pikachu's Substitute would have 25 HP. If your Pidgey used Wing Attack and it deals 20 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 20 damage, and 5 HP would remain. My Pikachu's Substitute would not break. However, if your Diglett used Earthquake and it deals 50 damage to my Pikachu, its Substitute would receive 50 damage, which exceeds the 25 HP input, breaking the Substitute in one hit unlike your Pidgey's Wing Attack.

It's the damage done that determines the longevity of a Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses do matter, but they don't determine the strength of a Pokemon's Substitute. The Pokemon's defenses will not increase or decrease while a Substitute.
    Oh so that's why those damn pink blobs' substitute just wouldn't break because they have so much HP in the first place... ;_;

Question: What does United Tower actually do? I visited it, and it just takes me to some floors where there's people I traded with before...? No battles, no shops?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post

Oh so that's why those damn pink blobs' substitute just wouldn't break because they have so much HP in the first place... ;_;

Question: What does United Tower actually do? I visited it, and it just takes me to some floors where there's people I traded with before...? No battles, no shops?
    United Tower's purpose seems to be to represent the people you have traded with worldwide. That's about it. You can talk to the people inside, but you can't do anything else there it seems.

This may be an out of left field question but
    How many Legendaries are legitimately catchable in B&W2?

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Mesprit
    Uxie
    Azelf
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Latios/Latias
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Regigigas
    17 total

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Mesprit
    Uxie
    Azelf
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Latios/Latias
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Regigigas
    17 total
    k-sigh.....
    So, assuming I don't transfer the pre-Unova Legendaries from Diamond,
    I'll need 17 Master Balls to make this easy......
    Great......

Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Mesprit
    Uxie
    Azelf
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Latios/Latias
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Regigigas
    17 total
    k-sigh.....
    Great......
    Some of those are version exclusive. Latios/Latias, Reshi/Zek, and Regice/Registeel are version exclusive

This is an excellent explanation. Thank you very much!!

Blog Entries

Reshiram/Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Mesprit
    Uxie
    Azelf
    Cresselia
    Heatran
    Latios/Latias
    Cobalion
    Terrakion
    Virizion
    Regirock
    Regice
    Registeel
    Regigigas
    17 total
    k-sigh.....
    Great......
    Some of those are version exclusive. Latios/Latias, Reshi/Zek, and Regice/Registeel are version exclusive
    Well, sort of. Latios/Latias and Reshiram/Zekrom are indeed completely version-exclusive. However, Regice and Registeel are based on the Unova keys. So while you'll still need both versions to get the keys, the every member of the Regi trio (and therefore Regigigas) is available for capture within both games once the keys are transferred.