FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 283

Page 283 of 346 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,245 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Level 25 Braviary on Route 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jacko19863 View Post
    Waaaaait, 25 o.o

Doesn't rufflet evolve at like level 40 something?
    It's an event encounter.
    But anyway, I think it might be good idea. I was playing Black 2, So I got Mandibuzz. I replaced it, but it wasn't that it was bad, I just wanted other Pokes on my team.

Blog Entries

Follow Sapphire on Tumblr

I have one, and it's totally worth training. Great stats, awesome design and no-grinding required to get it fighting ready. I highly recommend it. I don't think it's weaker than a wild one, but then again, I don't have the patience to train a Rufflet. Mine is Lonely natured, and he hits like a truck.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I would definitely raise it. I raised the one I caught in my W2 and it was awesome, and it has a really cool ability (Defiant) which raises attack if it has a stat lowered by the opponent.
    Joshawott likes this.

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

On Platinum, I'm having a hard time choosing between a Froslass or a Glaceon for my team (in-game, not competitive). I really love the looks of both. I've used a Froslass before and loved it, but I've never tried Glaceon. Glaceon has 50 points better Special Attack, which is amazing. Both of them can also learn shadow ball, but I don't know if Glaceon's would beat a STAB one, even with its high special attack. Also, will Glaceon's speed end up being a problem, since Froslass is super fast. Glaceon would also give me a 3rd pokemon that is weak to fighting on my team, while Froslass would resist it completely. (Although Porygon-Z is probably fast and strong enough to take them without being killed).

The rest of my team, just for reference:
    Empoleon: Surf, Drill Peck, Earthquake, Flash Cannon
    Roserade: Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Sludge Bomb, Return
    Rapidash: Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Poison Jab, Strength
    Togekiss: Aura Sphere, Air Slash, Psychic, Fly
    Porygon-Z: Tri Attack, Thunderbolt, Psychic, Dark Pulse

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Take the Glaceon, you've never used it before and it'd be more fun that using Froslass again, at least I think so.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JRalphie View Post
    Is it worth training? Since it was caught as a Braviary (not a Rufflet) at a fairly high level, will it be really weak at level 100?
    There is no inherent disadvantage to catching and training a higher-level or already-evolved Pokémon. That Braviary can grow to be just as strong as any other one.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I was just wondering - that guy in Humilau City that was playing tag with his girlfriend looks really lonely just standing there alone on the beach. Does he ever get a girlfriend again??

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    I was just wondering - that guy in Humilau City that was playing tag with his girlfriend looks really lonely just standing there alone on the beach. Does he ever get a girlfriend again??
    never

she's with Marlon now

he's not enough of a boss for her >_>

Default New to Pokemon Black 2

Alright. So I used to play pokemon a lot as a kid. But I haven't played since Pokemon Silver, easily over 10 years ago.

I just picked up Pokemon Black 2. So all these awesome new features are brand spanking new to me. Such as GTC and pokemon-gl.com.

Anyway, so I'm sure ill learn more as I play.

As for my first question, at what point in the game do I gain access to the GBC within poke centers to participate in random or rated battles? I just won my 2nd badge, so idk if I just haven't moved far enough into the game? I can access the GTC for trades, but haven't actually made any trades. Which leads me to my next question...

When looking for trades, why can I only look up pokemon that I have seen? How is it I look for trades for pokemon that I HAVEN'T seen. For example, pikachu, charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur I have not seen. How do I get my hands on them within the trading feature?

Also, I'm looking to add friends to my pal... Log... Thing... (I can't remember what it's called, lol). So that way I have some people to interact with for battles, trading and such.

One last question, which is pretty random, are you able to breed pokemon in this version and hatch eggs?

I'm not sure of most of the new features, so if anyone could post some of the new stuff that I wouldn't be aware of that have come out between now and silver, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance Pokemon Trainers! :)

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to Pokemon Black 2

-From the first gym on the entire GTS is available. You should be able to trade and battle.
    -You need to either find someone to battle with who can show them to you and then trade, or perhaps do random matchups, with the trainer card message specifying that you want so and so Pokemon.
    -Breeding is post league, and still in route 3.
    Berrenta likes this.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Default Re: New to Pokemon Black 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chespin View Post
    -From the first gym on the entire GTS is available. You should be able to trade and battle.
    -You need to either find someone to battle with who can show them to you and then trade, or perhaps do random matchups, with the trainer card message specifying that you want so and so Pokemon.
    -Breeding is post league, and still in route 3.
    I dont think I understand. When i enter the pokecenters, i go upstairs and talk to the lady on the far right correct? Cause when i speak to her, she only gives me the option to go into trade. Nothing about battling.

How do i enter into Random Battles or Rated battles? when i go into the Pokemon centers i see NOTHING regarding battles :( please help.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

@Bloodrain28;If you want to battle online(not Random Match) go to the middle at the top floor of the Pokemon Center to enter the wi-fi plaza. You'll need to have the other person's friend code registered in your Pal Pad and they need to have yours registered.

For Random Match, you need to have obtained the Vs Recorder. You receive that in Nimbasa City.
    Last edited by Shiny Celebi; 14th February 2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninfia View Post
    @Bloodrain28;If you want to battle online(not Random Match) go to the middle at the top floor of the Pokemon Center to enter the wi-fi plaza. You'll need to have the other person's friend code registered in your Pal Pad and they need to have yours registered.

For Random Match, you need to have obtained the Vs Recorder. You receive that in Nimbasa City.
    Thank you SOOOO much Ninfia, You're amazing!! :D <333

I have a question about the White Treehollow. Can you save while you are doing it? Like can I save before fighting one of the boss trainers and reset in case I lose?

I didn't want to make a new thread on it, but I need help making a team in White. Compared to most people, i've only ever played single player, so forgive the possible cluelessness

-Team-
    Servine - Leaf Blade, Giga Drain, Aerial Ace, Return [Bit of a predicament over the Held Item]
    Simipour - Surf, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw, Return
    Klingklang - Flash Cannon, Shift Gear, Charge/Discharge
    Haxorus - Dragon Claw, Outrage, Swords/Dragon Dance
    Volcarona - Quiver Dance, Heatwave, Bug Buzz, Overheat. [Lost Quiver Dance because all pkmn fainted when it leveled to 59 :\]
    Musharna - Hypnosis, Nightmare, Psychic, Synchronoise

I don't mind changing everything except Servine... nobody touches Servine. However, I sold my Eviolite because I thought it only worked on Eevee... how wrong was I? I'm thinking I need to trade for a Pokemon holding one over N_WFC, but I need a 3ds to connect to a WPA2 network.