FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 282

Page 282 of 346 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332 ... LastLast
Results 4,216 to 4,230 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post
    Is it required to have the exact trainer name that goes with a friend code, or can you put any name down for it?
    Nah, you can write any name when you're registering someone in the Pal Pad. It's the friend code that matters.

追放されたバカ

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post
    Is it required to have the exact trainer name that goes with a friend code, or can you put any name down for it?
    Nah, you can write any name when you're registering someone in the Pal Pad. It's the friend code that matters.
    Thanks for the info. Wish I knew this a while ago, been asking for names too. Coulda sped up the process a lot of times if I knew this.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

If you breed a blue Shellos with a Ditto, is there any chance of getting a pink Shellos?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Blueberry View Post
    If you breed a blue Shellos with a Ditto, is there any chance of getting a pink Shellos?
    I believe that whatever color the mother is is what determines the color of the shellos hatched. So according to this theory, blue will only produce blue, pink produces pink.
    Yato likes this.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

What happens if I use the Pledge moves in a triple battle all at the same turn?

Like, I've got Emboar on the right, Serperior in the middle, and Samurott on the left

and all of them use the corresponding Pledge moves at the same turn...? How do the effects take place?

Nyx

Like, I've got Emboar on the right, Serperior in the middle, and Samurott on the left

and all of them use the corresponding Pledge moves at the same turn...? How do the effects take place?
    I think that only the first two moves would make a combo and the third one would be just used with no secondary effects.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Warrior View Post

I think that only the first two moves would make a combo and the third one would be just used with no secondary effects.
    So the fastest two would only Pledge together, and the third would just be an attack?

Nyx

So the fastest two would only Pledge together, and the third would just be an attack?
    Yup, that's right.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

If I were to focus a Samurott on physical attack rather than special attack, how much potential attacking power am I sacrificing? Is it a huge difference? Samurott's base Attack stat is 100, and it's base Special Attack stat is 108 - it doesn't seem like a vast loss if I decided not to focus on special attack. Am I wrong?

Also, I'm desperate to start Black 2 and have my team all planned out - but one thing is bothering me massively: IVs. For example, one of my team members is going to be a Ferrothorn with a Brave nature. His moveset is going to be Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed and Ingrain (or Toxic). The idea of having his speed IV be 0 is tantalising to me, so he can get the most out of Gyro Ball. All the Ferroseed I have bred thus far have had speed IVs of around 14 or 15 - how negative an effect would this have compared to trying for a 0 in Speed?
    Last edited by Frenzy Plant; 8th February 2013 at 03:46 AM.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keasbey View Post
    If I were to focus a Samurott on physical attack rather than special attack, how much potential attacking power am I sacrificing? Is it a huge difference? Samurott's base Attack stat is 100, and it's base Special Attack stat is 108 - it doesn't seem like a vast loss if I decided not to focus on special attack. Am I wrong?

Also, I'm desperate to start Black 2 and have my team all planned out - but one thing is bothering me massively: IVs. For example, one of my team members is going to be a Ferrothorn with a Brave nature. His moveset is going to be Power Whip, Gyro Ball, Leech Seed and Ingrain (or Toxic). The idea of having his speed IV be 0 is tantalising to me, so he can get the most out of Gyro Ball. All the Ferroseed I have bred thus far have had speed IVs of around 14 or 15 - how negative an effect would this have compared to trying for a 0 in Speed?
    For Samurott, since base stats contribute two points to a stat, assuming equal IVs, EVs, and relatively neutral nature, its Special Attack at Lv. 100 would be 16 points higher than its Attack. It's a bit different, but not really different enough to worry over (and keep in mind that different EVs, IVs, and natures can easily cause Samurott to have a higher Attack).

For Ferrothorn, IVs contribute one point to a stat at Lv. 100, so the Ferrothorn you have would only about 14-15 points faster than ones with 0 EVs. Again, this probably won't be too big of an issue, especially since any Pokémon you do end up outspeeding probably weren't the best targets for Gyro Ball anyway. In some rare cases, it might mean you're doing a bit less damage, but its also not much to worry about overall.

Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get Seismic Toss onto a Chansey without having to Trade from a 3rd Gen game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Would anyone know of a Breeding Chain to get Seismic Toss onto a Chansey without having to Trade from a 3rd Gen game?
    Unfortunately, Seismic Toss is no longer anywhere in Chansey's moveset. The only way to teach it Seismic Toss is through Gen III move tutors.
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Unfortunately, Seismic Toss is no longer anywhere in Chansey's moveset. The only way to teach it Seismic Toss is through Gen III move tutors.
    Yeah, that's what I was figuring but was hoping someone knew of something that wasn't listed in the Wiki.

Has this ever happened to you?

I traded for a Magmar on the GTS with a Magmarizer equiped.
    As soon as I got it, it evolved... but now, my game crashes if I try to look at it in game.
    I think I got suckered into trading for a Gliched Pokemon.

So, now I have a Gliched Magmorter in my Party that I can't touch.
    I've afraid to even attempt to release it.
    Last edited by Joshawott; 18th February 2013 at 07:56 AM.

Default Level 25 Braviary on Route 4

Is it worth training? Since it was caught as a Braviary (not a rufflet) at a fairly high level, will it be really weak at level 100?

Lost in the numbers :S Jacko19863's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Level 25 Braviary on Route 4

Waaaaait, 25 o.o

Doesn't rufflet evolve at like level 40 something?
    I've claimed
    Pokémon
    Zoroark (26/9/12)

Moves
    Earthquake (26/9/12)
    Items
    Tidal Bell (26/9/12)
    DeepSeaTooth (26/9/12)
    Abilities
    Magnet Pull (26/9/12)