FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 280
Page 280 of 354 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330 ... LastLast
Results 4,186 to 4,200 of 5310

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon Games 3DS vs. 3DS XL

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjack View Post
    Just give me your opinion. Which 3DS (the original or the XL) is better to play Pokemon Games such as SoulSilver, Black&White, Black 2 &White 2 , and Pokemon X Y in the future?
    I sold my DS a few months ago and i want to buy a 3DS but just to play Pokemon games
    Depends on if you want a specific color, or a bundle (for instance: I'm terrible about buy the first iteration of a DS [bought the DS Phat, and the regular DSi] and said that I wouldn't do it this time, but then that awesome LoZ 3DS bundle came up and I was like, "Forget this. MINE <3", but I digress). If you aren't looking for anything in specific or holding out for a specific bundle (many are talking about waiting for possible Pokémon related bundles), just get the XL I'd say.
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Stopping the Apocalypse Hachidori's Avatar

Default Re: Pokemon Games 3DS vs. 3DS XL

Quote Originally Posted by smilingjack View Post
    Just give me your opinion. Which 3DS (the original or the XL) is better to play Pokemon Games such as SoulSilver, Black&White, Black 2 &White 2 , and Pokemon X Y in the future?
    I sold my DS a few months ago and i want to buy a 3DS but just to play Pokemon games
    It depends on whether you care about a bigger screen, whether you have large hands (the regular 3DS might feel a little cramped if you do), and whether you are going to be packing the system around (the regular 3DS is more portable). The DS games don't look so great blown up on the 3DS XL screen, but you can shrink them down by pressing Start and Select as the game is loading in order to make them look better. You end up having some black unused space around the games, but that doesn't bug me.

Also, the regular 3DS will have more color options (and is a little cheaper). Hope this helped, I can't really say one or the other because what is better for me (I prefer the XL) might not be better for you :)

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: pokeman game question?? A possible unknown pokeman?

Quote Originally Posted by boytoy View Post
    Okay, I don't know if any of you guys played pokeman channel. (Typically people say it's a horrible game!)
    So while playing it for years on and off, I always noticed something very weird.

While watching the shop n squirtle channel I notice this pokemon behind the camera and when you look at it,
    you think, oh that's just a Xatu! But its not! Same shape but different colors/patterns?

These are the best images I can get and I apologize.
    ImageShack

ImageShack

Video Source
    Shop 'N Squirtle Episode One - YouTube

and picture of an actual xatu!
    http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/f/f4/178Xatu.png/120px-178Xatu.png

You can clearly see that the colors are different from the xatu!
    The darker green with splotch of a lighter green on face.
    The body color is different.

The game is revolved around the 3rd generation.

Maybe it was possibly a planned pokeman to be in the future generation?
    Maybe its just a an unfinished xatu model! (the game has some definite errors after all)

I just wanted to see what you guys think is all.
    I think it's just a lighting affect, since they're filming a stage and all..

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I found out that the internal battery has run dry on my Emerald cartridge, and I want to get a Miltotic for my playthrough. Because this affects berries, would it still be possible to get a Milotic, or would it be very difficult even with a good nature? Also, if it is too hard to evolve Feebas, what would a good replacement water pokemon be (not Sharpedo, Swampert, or either Clampearl evolutions.)?

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

So I finally got my DS to connect to the Nintendo WiFi and actually work and what not, allowing me to finally connect to the GTS and other features in Pokemon. So it's my first time. In Pokemon Black 2, when I go to the GTS and click the 'search' for pokemon, I click "ABC" (I'm looking for Bibarel) yet it only lists a few pokemon. I just wanted to know, do I have to finish the game or get their entry in my Pokedex to search for them on the GTS?

Silly question, I know, but I'm new to WiFi :).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    So I finally got my DS to connect to the Nintendo WiFi and actually work and what not, allowing me to finally connect to the GTS and other features in Pokemon. So it's my first time. In Pokemon Black 2, when I go to the GTS and click the 'search' for pokemon, I click "ABC" (I'm looking for Bibarel) yet it only lists a few pokemon. I just wanted to know, do I have to finish the game or get their entry in my Pokedex to search for them on the GTS?

You can only search for Pokemon you've seen. So you don't have to necessarily catch Bibarel, only encounter it.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post

Ok! Thanks. So this is the only way to find/search a Pokemon you want on the GTS, you have to have encountered it? Say if once I finished the game, I wanted a Pokemon that you can't encounter through the game, how would I go about that, and if I wanted one from the GTS?

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Ok! Thanks. So this is the only way to find/search a Pokemon you want on the GTS, you have to have encountered it? Say if once I finished the game, I wanted a Pokemon that you can't encounter through the game, how would I go about that, and if I wanted one from the GTS?
    In that case you could ask someone to trade you that Pokemon for the Pokedex info.

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post

In that case you could ask someone to trade you that Pokemon for the Pokedex info.
    You could also try trading for the evolution or pre-evolution and then breed/evolve what you need. When I wanted a Snivy, I had only seen Servine so I traded for that and then breed it to get Snivy. If you want to get a Bibarel, you could try searching for a Bidoof, which you should see at least once in the game and register it in your Pokedex so it will be able to be seen on the GTS.
    3DS F.C.: 2878-9591-1952

Gotchya' :) . Thanks! For now I'm just going to trade between my Pokemon black to Pokemon black 2 for that Bibarel I needed.

追放されたバカ

Is it determined whether a shiny is going to hatch from an egg when you receive the egg or when it hatches?

Wondering because if it is determined when it hatches you can soft reset and have another go at getting a shiny from that same egg.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post
    Is it determined whether a shiny is going to hatch from an egg when you receive the egg or when it hatches?

Wondering because if it is determined when it hatches you can soft reset and have another go at getting a shiny from that same egg.
    When received.

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSpringerJr View Post

When received.
    Thanks for the information sir. Wish it were the other way around though. Shinies are a real PITA to get.

Default about trainer personalitys.

I've been playing pokemon black 2 and white 2 for a short time and I've wondering if trainer natures affect the game in any way or is for fun?

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Its just for fun, it dosent affect Pokemon stats or anything, Pokemon Natures do.