FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 275
Page 275 of 354 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325 ... LastLast
Results 4,111 to 4,125 of 5297

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Bionicle = my first love Toa of Ponies's Avatar

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

In pokemon conquest, Is it possible to get black Rayquaza without the event Reshiram?

Saxophonist|PW:AA fan|Orchestra/Jazz player |K-On! fan|Pokemon Fan|
    My dragons! Please have a look and click!

Drop me a PM about anything!

Dat Alpha Sapphire! RainbowSylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

Ah, thank you guys :D I never knew really how to do it minus the guy in the Battle Subway.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Friend Code: 0001 - 3520 - 9622
    Vivillon Pattern: High Plains
    Friend Safari: Dark / Nuzleaf, Cacturne, Liepard

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    In pokemon conquest, Is it possible to get black Rayquaza without the event Reshiram?
    As far as I understand, yes, you do. For Rayquaza to be obtainable you need to have first obtained every other legendary Pokemon.

:T is sheer force a dream world ability for steelix? If not..maybe ive just been really unlucky in finding one.

"Persona!"

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ganta Igarashi View Post
    :T is sheer force a dream world ability for steelix? If not..maybe ive just been really unlucky in finding one.
    Yes, it is. You would need to find a Weak Armor Onix in the DW though. They're in Icy Cave by default :)

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Pokemon Trainer since '98 PokePal15's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm kind of confused about how the move Roost works. I was under the impression that if that move is used, the user becomes "grounded" and becomes vulnerable to Ground-type moves. But that wasn't my experience when I was battling a friend using my Flygon against his Pidgeot. Pidgeot used Roost so I used a Ground-type move (I don't remember which one) thinking it would hit but it didn't. Was it non-effective because my Flygon was faster and Roost was used second, thus ending the turn, which would make my Ground-type moves ineffective at the beginning of the next turn? In other words, if a slower Pokemon uses Roost during Single Battle (ending the turn) does the faster Pokemon's Ground-type moves become ineffective since they would be used at what would technically be the next turn? This would make it advantageous to have the move on a slower Pokemon, would it not?

Quote Originally Posted by PokePal15 View Post
    I'm kind of confused about how the move Roost works. I was under the impression that if that move is used, the user becomes "grounded" and becomes vulnerable to Ground-type moves. But that wasn't my experience when I was battling a friend using my Flygon against his Pidgeot. Pidgeot used Roost so I used a Ground-type move (I don't remember which one) thinking it would hit but it didn't. Was it non-effective because my Flygon was faster and Roost was used second, thus ending the turn, which would make my Ground-type moves ineffective at the beginning of the next turn? In other words, if a slower Pokemon uses Roost during Single Battle (ending the turn) does the faster Pokemon's Ground-type moves become ineffective since they would be used at what would technically be the next turn? This would make it advantageous to have the move on a slower Pokemon, would it not?
    I dont believe Roost makes Flying Pokemon venerable to Ground type moves.

Blog Entries

The effects of Roost only last for the turn it was used. So yeah, slower Pokémon don't show any of the effects besides healing.

As for whether it's advantageous or not, it really depends on how good Flying is at resisting the opponent's move. For example, if your opponent is using a Rock-type move, it would be helpful to ditch the Flying type before they attack. But in the situation you described, the slower Roost user has the advantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    I dont believe Roost makes Flying Pokemon venerable to Ground type moves.
    Indeed, Roost only restores half the user's max HP, and if a flying type uses the move, it will lose it's flying typing (or if it was a pure flying type, be treated as a normal type) until the end of the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Confidemus View Post
    I'm having a total mind-blank. So, at the risk of sounding really dumb...

Was there a canine Pokemon introduced in Gen IV?

Gen I - Growlithe/Arcanine
    Gen II - Houndour/Houndoom
    Gen III - Poochyena/Mightyena
    Gen IV - ...?
    Gen V - Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
    Surely Snubbull counts as a dog. Not gen 4 but it counts.
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 21st January 2013 at 12:23 AM. Reason: adding context

Quick question about the video games.

As you know, Growlithe evolves into Arcanine.
    Growlithe learns Flamethrower at level 49. Arcanine learns Extremespeed at level 49, too, however.

What I would like to know, is, if I level up my Growlithe to level 49, so it learns flamethrower, then evolve it at level 49, will the newly evolved Arcanine learn Extremespeed?

_____

Also, Confidemus, I think Riolu is as close as you can get to a dog in Gen 4. :o

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post

Growlithe learns Flamethrower at level 49. Arcanine learns Extremespeed at level 49, too, however.

What I would like to know, is, if I level up my Growlithe to level 49, so it learns flamethrower, then evolve it at level 49, will the newly evolved Arcanine learn Extremespeed?
    I believe it does work like that, so you should be able to get both moves. If it doesn't though, you can always get a Heart Scale and teach it Extremespeed through the Move Relearner.

Blog Entries

_____

Also, Confidemus, I think Riolu is as close as you can get to a dog in Gen 4. :o
    Which game are you playing? Growlithe learns Flamethrower on lv. 39 and lv. 34, in B/W and B2/W2, respectfully. As well as Arcanine learning Extremespeed. But like RiverAura said, Growlithe will learn Extremespeed when evolved. You can also teach him Extremespeed with a Heart Scale if you happen to miss the lv.

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post

_____

Which game are you playing? Growlithe learns Flamethrower on lv. 39 and lv. 34, in B/W and B2/W2, respectfully. As well as Arcanine learning Extremespeed. But like RiverAura said, Growlithe will learn Extremespeed when evolved. You can also teach him Extremespeed with a Heart Scale if you happen to miss the lv.
    Thanks you 2. And I'm playing on Fire Red :') Serebii.net says Growlithe learns flamethrower and Arcanine learns Extremespeed both at level 49.

Thanks for the help, though! :)

Blog Entries

Thanks you 2. And I'm playing on Fire Red :') Serebii.net says Growlithe learns flamethrower and Arcanine learns Extremespeed both at level 49.

Thanks for the help, though! :)
    This is the SQSA thread for Gen 5 games (Black/White, Black 2/White 2). FireRed is a Gen 3 game and as such we have a SQSA thread just for games from Gens 1-4 right here. Next time use than one please ;)