FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 273

Page 273 of 346 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What just happened? [SS Breeding]

Uh, no. I don't know where you heard that. Eggs almost always hatch into the earliest evolutionary form of the female or non-Ditto Pokemon. The only time they don't is when one of the Pokemon in the breeding pair must be holding a certain item for its eggs to hatch into the earliest evolutionary form.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Hey Beck, thanks for the suggestions! You guys have been really helpful and I'm like hella stockpiling on battle points right now, it's crazy!

On your point about Ampharos: I think since I've had him from like the beginning of my game when I caught him as a mareep, I've sort of stubbornly stuck it out with him, using the guy to slaughter Skyla and Marlon's teams. I think once I get a chance I'd probably replace him with a Jolteon or if I can find someone who wants something I have, an Electivire cause I find him so badass

More questions though. I've been hitting up the PWT and relic passage with max repels on for blueshards, are these the only two ways I can find those shards?

Now I just need a Heart Scale
    Last edited by Typhlosionisafirebadger; 18th January 2013 at 03:49 AM.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    Hey Beck, thanks for the suggestions! You guys have been really helpful and I'm like hella stockpiling on battle points right now, it's crazy!

On your point about Ampharos: I think since I've had him from like the beginning of my game when I caught him as a mareep, I've sort of stubbornly stuck it out with him, using the guy to slaughter Skyla and Marlon's teams. I think once I get a chance I'd probably replace him with a Jolteon or if I can find someone who wants something I have, an Electivire cause I find him so badass

More questions though. I've been hitting up the PWT and relic passage with max repels on for blueshards, are these the only two ways I can find those shards?

You can also find Shards in dust clouds in Relic Passage and Reversal Mountain. Just bring a bunch of Max Repels and run around the cave until they appear. There's also a chance of finding other items and certain Pokémon in the dust clouds too though, so it might take a while if you need many of a specific Shard.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

As I understand it, Shiny Pokémon are random encounters and can really happen with any wild Pokémon encounter, right?
    I've been Pokéradar-ing a lot lately and was wondering, is it possible to have a Shiny encounter using the Pokéradar without the grass glistening? I was thinking that, seeing since all Shiny encounters are random and can happen with any wild encounter, when chaining a Pokémon in regular rustling grass, can any one of those encounters be a random Shiny? Or does the Pokéradar negate that random Shiny mechanic?

//mahLOVE//mahLIFE//
    //mahART//
    Volcarona avatar made by myself

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Laterna View Post
    As I understand it, Shiny Pokémon are random encounters and can really happen with any wild Pokémon encounter, right?
    I've been Pokéradar-ing a lot lately and was wondering, is it possible to have a Shiny encounter using the Pokéradar without the grass glistening? I was thinking that, seeing since all Shiny encounters are random and can happen with any wild encounter, when chaining a Pokémon in regular rustling grass, can any one of those encounters be a random Shiny? Or does the Pokéradar negate that random Shiny mechanic?
    It certainly is possible to find a shiny in a regular shaking patch using the PokeRadar, as it's happened to me, I found a shiny Magnemite myself in a regular, non shiny patch at 7 on the chain the last time I attempted chaining. You could consider that a random shiny. Any Pokemon you encounter has the chance of being shiny. A shiny patch simply means the Pokemon in that patch will definately be shiny.
    Laterna likes this.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What just happened? [SS Breeding]

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx! View Post
    While playing SS today, I sent an Umbreon with my Ditto to the Daycare. I got the egg, as usual, and nothing seemed wrong.
    I got a party of eggs, with a Flame Body Magcargo. The Umbreon/Ditto egg was the last to hatch. Here's what I don't understand:
    an Eevee was born instead of Umbreon.

What happened? Isn't Ditto supposed to "clone" the breeding partner?
    In a sense it only "clones" itself so that it's a compatible breeding partner. Like Kelleo stated, the eggs hatched will -always- bore the earliest evolution of the female pokemon's evolutionary line (or the other pokemon in the pair that isn't ditto if you're breeding with a ditto) provided that said pokemon doesn't involve the need for the female to be holding an incense (like most baby pokemon do). You may find this and this as helpful reading into the subject.
    Shinx! likes this.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post

You can also find Shards in dust clouds in Relic Passage and Reversal Mountain. Just bring a bunch of Max Repels and run around the cave until they appear. There's also a chance of finding other items and certain Pokémon in the dust clouds too though, so it might take a while if you need many of a specific Shard.
    I'm about to do that just now actually!

I decided to go with Dragon Claw instead of Fire Fang for Garchomp, rounding out his moveset.

I just need like three or four more blue shards

Blog Entries

I'm about to do that just now actually!

I decided to go with Dragon Claw instead of Fire Fang for Garchomp, rounding out his moveset.

I just need like three or four more blue shards
    Good idea! Playing on Garchomp's STABs will get you far, so Dragon Claw or Outrage and Earthquake are both necessary in running an explosive Garchomp set. And I'm glad to hear you're pumping out that BP.

If I could also recommend checking out Smogon's Strategy Pokedex, it could be worth your while. If you haven't already used it be sure to give it a try. The Pokemon described here are tailored for pure online competitive battles, so they're extensive, but they also help if you're just looking for solid sets. Like, for example, look at Jolteon (link to its Smogon article), one of my favourites, especially on a Rain team. Anyway, if you chose to use Jolteon then you have a lot of sets to mimic. Choose a set you want to follow and adjust it to fit in your team. Remember, these are some of the better sets, not necessarily the only or best sets.

That being said I understand what it's like to hold on to a Pokemon in your team. I've been doing that with my Lucario and Azumarill in the PWT until I can swap them with more properly trained Pokemon.

Again, good luck!

Is there any way to turn off the microphone of DS while trading pokémon? People say they hear sounds when we are trading. I don't like that.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

You can turn Voice Chat off, alternatively, just turn the sound down on your DS, that's what I usually do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
    Is there any way to turn off the microphone of DS while trading pokémon? People say they hear sounds when we are trading. I don't like that.
    Yes, you can. While in the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection room just hit the X button to turn off Voice Chat. Press X again to turn it back on. If someone says they can hear you while Voice Chat is turned off then they're either lying to you or have misheard.

What's a good Pokemon In Black2 to use as a HMSlave?

Blog Entries

I'm not too certain on how certain things in White Forest in W2 work, and Bulbapedia has no info this,

There's a couple of shop stands just outside of the White Treehollow. I'm not sure how those were filled, I think it depended on my progress in the White Treehollow challenge. They offer items for sale, usually evolutionary items. But lately all the two shops have been selling have been nothing but Leaf Stones and Water Stones, and they never seem to change their stock unlike before. Could anyone explain to me how this works?

Theme set by Caprizant | Fan of Generation I.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SwifTer View Post
    What's a good Pokemon In Black2 to use as a HMSlave?
    Bibarel, Dragonite, Smeargle, and Ducklett all come to mind for me. Just depends on what HMs you actually have for battle on your team, and what HMs you need on a mule.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

What exactly are the requirements to obtain the Memory Master medal?
    I know it's to see all the events in memory link, but I don't what exactly counts. I'll do all the flashback requirements just playing the main story, so that doesn't really matter. But do I need to have the pokedex certificates and battle subway trophies in White to get the medal in White 2? And do I have to have all the props in White be transferred over to White 2 in order to get the medal or can it just be some props?