FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 272

Page 272 of 346 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 5185
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by Beck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yuurei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    I got berries from all trees in Pokémon Platinum. I know I have to plant the berries in order to other trees to grow. I used to do it.

However, the new planted trees don't remain there for much time. I haven't played the game for a while, so all the trees stopped to grow. There isn't a single tree in Sinnoh now.

Is it normal? If so, will I have to re-plant all them (forever?)? Isn't there a way to "reset" it (without starting a new game) to have all the original trees at their respective locations?
    What i'm thinking that happened was that the berries may have replanted themselves (iirc the berries drop off if they haven't been picked and will replant themselves a certain number of times) but because you hadn't picked them in so long, they stopped reproducing forever.
    When I used to play often, I didn't see any berry replant itself. Planted trees always disappeared after some time. Can't I reset them back?
    I don't believe there is any method to reset the berry trees. You could, however, just replant new berries and start the cycle over again. Also be sure to have app #08, the Berry Searcher, to keep track of the berries you've planted. If you don't already have it it can be obtained in the house on Route 208, just East of Hearthome.
    :( Thank you all. I think it is unfair, since I have to do a hard work replanting all berries every time I stop to play so often. It's kinda hard to check all trees every time I play in order to not letting berries drop off too.

Actually, it's so unfair that I thought it was a glitch similar to the berry glitch of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

Besides, I'm lucky for having berries to replant, but this job would be impossible if I had used them.
    Last edited by Hatelace; 16th January 2013 at 01:54 PM.

Blog Entries

:( Thank you all. I think it is unfair, since I have to do a hard work replanting all berries every time I stop to play so often. It's kinda hard to check all trees every time I play in order to not letting berries drop off too.

Actually, it's so unfair that I thought it was a glitch similar to the berry glitch of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire.

Besides, I'm lucky for having berries to replant, but this job would be impossible if I had used them.
    No problem! Also, just in case, remember you can purchase berries in the basement of Veilstone's Department Store (left cashier), so even if you've used all of your berries you can always purchase more!

Is there an easy way to "See" Pokemon not recorded in your Pokedex in order to record them?

I'm missing some Pokemon but I can't trade for them in the GTS because I haven't "seen" them yet. But I can't See them until I get them so I'm stuck.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

You can trade them from another game or they can be seen by battling trainers in game or encountering different Pokemon in areas in the game where there are wild Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    You can trade them from another game or they can be seen by battling trainers in game or encountering different Pokemon in areas in the game where there are wild Pokemon.
    Yeah. Was hoping there was an easier way. I know no one with another game with the pokemon I need to do it the hard way and I have everything that can be seen in game.

Was hoping that doing the "Mixing Records" would work but nope.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquanova View Post
    Yeah. Was hoping there was an easier way. I know no one with another game with the pokemon I need to do it the hard way and I have everything that can be seen in game.

Was hoping that doing the "Mixing Records" would work but nope.
    Mixing Records dosent give you Pokedex info. It would be very easy to complete the Pokedex if so as you could theoretically mix records with someone with a full National Dex and it would be complete on your game, but that's not the case.

Registered User Typhlosionisafirebadger's Avatar

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

so quick question

I got the TM for focus blast and I'm in the post-game stuff working on the battle subway and PWT. I've already loaded up my Ampharos with Focus blast, so now his movelist is Focus Blast, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave and Thunder. However, I want to know if loading up Zoroark with Focus Blast would be a good move too?

Zoroark's moveset right now is Grass Knot, Foul Play, Flamethrower and Hyper Beam

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Typhlosionisafirebadger View Post
    so quick question

I got the TM for focus blast and I'm in the post-game stuff working on the battle subway and PWT. I've already loaded up my Ampharos with Focus blast, so now his movelist is Focus Blast, Fire Punch, Thunder Wave and Thunder. However, I want to know if loading up Zoroark with Focus Blast would be a good move too?

Zoroark's moveset right now is Grass Knot, Foul Play, Flamethrower and Hyper Beam
    Focus Blast, although it can be inaccurate, is pretty good on Zoroark as it provides a good deal of coverage. So yeah, replacing Hyper Beam with Focus Blast is a good idea. Also, I'd recommend replacing Foul Play with Dark Pulse or Night Daze, but your choice of course.

Rocket traditionalist Hunter Blade's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Hunter Blade on Tumblr

I love using Foul Play, but in competitive battles, even just the PWT, it's extremely hard to make useful without a move like Swagger to boost its power. I eventually taught my Krookodile Crunch so that I'd have something that actually does a good amount of damage without spending an extra turn, although it still has Swagger and Foul Play which can be extremely helpful at times.

Personally I would teach it Dark Pulse or Night Daze as GatoRage already said, but if you're looking for a physical move to replace Foul Play, Night Slash or Sucker Punch would be good. Sucker Punch is only learned by breeding unfortunately, but Night Slash is learned naturally.
    Team Rocket - We're back in business.
    Actually, I never left.

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    so quick question

Focus Blast, although it can be inaccurate, is pretty good on Zoroark as it provides a good deal of coverage. So yeah, replacing Hyper Beam with Focus Blast is a good idea. Also, I'd recommend replacing Foul Play with Dark Pulse or Night Daze, but your choice of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post
    I love using Foul Play, but in competitive battles, even just the PWT, it's extremely hard to make useful without a move like Swagger to boost its power. I eventually taught my Krookodile Crunch so that I'd have something that actually does a good amount of damage without spending an extra turn, although it still has Swagger and Foul Play which can be extremely helpful at times.

Personally I would teach it Dark Pulse or Night Daze as GatoRage already said, but if you're looking for a physical move to replace Foul Play, Night Slash or Sucker Punch would be good. Sucker Punch is only learned by breeding unfortunately, but Night Slash is learned naturally.
    Hey thanks guys!

I was wondering if I needed to couple it with a status effecting move like swagger, so I'm glad you mentioned that.

Definitely time to hit up the move tutor for Dark Pulse, that's for sure.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    so quick question

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Blade View Post

Hey thanks guys!

I was wondering if I needed to couple it with a status effecting move like swagger, so I'm glad you mentioned that.

Definitely time to hit up the move tutor for Dark Pulse, that's for sure.
    If you couple it up with a Status Ailment inflicting move such as Swagger as you've posted, it will make it easier for you to hit with Focus Blast. If you start off with Swagger which may stop the for from attacking, you can use Focus Blast which is great when equip with Zoroark so yeah, I recommend it.

Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

I've just started White 2 again, and taken Snivy. He's Modest (which is what I wanted), and I checked his IVs on pokecheck...

HP: 24
    Attack: 30
    Defense: 2
    Sp. Attack: 30
    Sp. Defense: 9
    Speed: 22

Are these rubbish IVs for a Serperior I'll be using for an in-game special attacker? How big an effect do IVs actually have?

Cheers!
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

and I just got like 30 Battle points, so all I need to do is actually get some more blue shards and I'm halfway there!

so now zoroark will have dark pulse, focus blast, swagger and grass knot/flamethrower

I'm thinking of getting rid of flamethrower since garchomp has it, and ampharos has fire punch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keasbey View Post
    I've just started White 2 again, and taken Snivy. He's Modest (which is what I wanted), and I checked his IVs on pokecheck...

HP: 24
    Attack: 30
    Defense: 2
    Sp. Attack: 30
    Sp. Defense: 9
    Speed: 22

Are these rubbish IVs for a Serperior I'll be using for an in-game special attacker? How big an effect do IVs actually have?

Cheers!
    For an in-game run those IVs are pretty phenomenal. I'll take it you got them without any type of RNG Abuse, so stick with them. Your Speed and Sp. Attack are both great, which will serve a Modest Snivy well as a Special Sweeper. To answer your second question, IVs are extremely important when battling against other trainers online, but in-game IVs in general aren't important. Ultimately, each IV in a stat is just an extra stat point when your Pokemon is leveled out. For example, if your Snivy and my Snivy are both Male, Modest, have Overgrow, and have 252 EVs invested in their Speed stats (in essence, they're identical) but my Snivy's Speed IV is 31 and your Snivy's Speed IV is 30, I will out speed you. It's one point but can make all the difference when battling against other trainers who are concious of their Pokemons' IVs.

But like I said, for an in-game Snivy, IVs don't really matter when battling against NPCs. Granted, the IVs you do have as it is are exceptional. You should be in great shape and your Snivy should serve its set well.

and I just got like 30 Battle points, so all I need to do is actually get some more blue shards and I'm halfway there!

so now zoroark will have dark pulse, focus blast, swagger and grass knot/flamethrower

I'm thinking of getting rid of flamethrower since garchomp has it, and ampharos has fire punch
    I don't know how you've trained either your Garchomp or Ampharos, but I would highly recommend teaching your Garchomp Fire Fang over Flamethrower. Considering Garchomp's massive 130 Base Attack stat (in comparison to its basic 80 Base Sp. Attack stat) you're missing out by using a Special move such as Flamethrower. The coverage you get from a Fire-type move is a good idea, but Garchomp is a Physically-based Pokemon. Play on his strengths.

Now, Ampharos on the other hand, is Specially-based, with a Base Sp. Attack of 115 (in comparison to its poor Base Attack of 75). Again, play to its strengths and focus on Special moves such as Thunderbolt, Focus Blast or Signal Beam. All that being said Ampharos is a lackluster Special Sweeper as it has an extremely shallow movepool, poor coverage, and is easily outclassed by other Electric-type Pokemon.

Also stay conscious of your Pokemon's bulk. Both Zoroark and Ampharos are notably nimble Pokemon and can be counter-swept quite easily. Replacing one of them with a bulkier Pokemon may improve your longevity in the Battle Subway or PWT. Just food for thought.

Good luck!

Follow Shinx! on Tumblr

Default What just happened? [SS Breeding]

While playing SS today, I sent an Umbreon with my Ditto to the Daycare. I got the egg, as usual, and nothing seemed wrong.
    I got a party of eggs, with a Flame Body Magcargo. The Umbreon/Ditto egg was the last to hatch. Here's what I don't understand:
    an Eevee was born instead of Umbreon.

What happened? Isn't Ditto supposed to "clone" the breeding partner?