FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 264
Page 264 of 351 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 5256

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gray Tentacool

Are you sure it didn't look like a shiny Tentacool?

This is its sprite from Ruby. Its body is still blue-ish, and on a Gameboy Advance screen, the green parts could've possibly looked Gray.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Post Thanks / Like

Though I'm very sure it wasn't shiny, I will find my game in a few days, check again and try to get a decent photo of it up :)
    There is a possibility you might be right, of course, but I'm fairy certain it was gray and not green. I do remember checking it in different lighting to see what it was, because I'd never seen a Tentacool like that before, and I already knew about shinies, so I think I checked bulbapedia for the shiny version of it, but it didn't match.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If it's shiny, there should be a little star somewhere on its summary page. Not sure exactly where in the 3rd gen games, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Actually, there is no star on the profile of a shiny Pokemon in RSE. I know, as I have a shiny Aggron on my Emerald. Instead of there being a star, the window that the Pokemon's sprite is in is brighter and the text spelling its Pokedex number is colored gold instead of white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a question on a certain move; Lock-On. When it locks on, does it bypass everything to ensure the attack hits, or are some things, like Abilities, render it useless in that situation? I'll give an example.

My Probopass used Lock-On on a Claydol. My next choice of attack would be Earthquake, but I'm still leery of Levitate (as one should be). Would Lock-On bypass Levitate to land the attack, or would I be better using another move like Stone Edge or whatnot instead? I know it's great for low-accuracy moves, but does it bypass things like Levitate or other related Abilities? I looked it up on Bulbapedia, but I didn't get very far. I know it can bypass the semi-invulernable state of Fly, Dig, and Dive, but is that all it can do, or can it do more than that? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post
    I have a question on a certain move; Lock-On. When it locks on, does it bypass everything to ensure the attack hits, or are some things, like Abilities, render it useless in that situation? I'll give an example.

My Probopass used Lock-On on a Claydol. My next choice of attack would be Earthquake, but I'm still leery of Levitate (as one should be). Would Lock-On bypass Levitate to land the attack, or would I be better using another move like Stone Edge or whatnot instead? I know it's great for low-accuracy moves, but does it bypass things like Levitate or other related Abilities? I looked it up on Bulbapedia, but I didn't get very far. I know it can bypass the semi-invulernable state of Fly, Dig, and Dive, but is that all it can do, or can it do more than that? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
    Lock-On cannot bypass immunities from type or ability. The only thing it does is make accuracy 100% and negate the semi-invulnerability of those moves.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What if Frost Breath or Storm throw is used on a Pokemon with the ability Shell Armor, Battle Armor or under the effects of Lucky Chant?

Super Moderator Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Kyurem View Post
    What if Frost Breath or Storm throw is used on a Pokemon with the ability Shell Armor, Battle Armor or under the effects of Lucky Chant?
    It will not be a Critical Hit if it hits a Pokemon with Shell Armor, Battle Armor, or Lucky Chant but will still inflict damage

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaLover View Post

Lock-On cannot bypass immunities from type or ability. The only thing it does is make accuracy 100% and negate the semi-invulnerability of those moves.
    I figured as much. It only made sense, but it didn't quite make sense on the wikia (of course, I could've just misread it). Thanks for clarifying that! ^_^
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Is my Crystal cartridge dying?!

So I've been playing Crystal. I've got a team of Pokémon mostly in the mid-30s (average): Ampharos (traded from Gold), Graveler, Eevee (which I want to be an Espeon), Lapras, and Typhlosion (starter Cyndaquil). The sixth spot is an alternating Gyarados (Red Gyarados) or Pidgeotto, which I switch depending if I want to Fly or use Waterfall.

Occasionally it gets frozen but it's nothing too serious (I use a GBA SP). However, it's been acting really weird: today, I was playing it and it reset, except instead of starting back up (Ditto forming Game Freak logo, etc.), this happens:
    crystalwut.png

That's not an emulator screenshot (it's just an image from the TCRF, cropped and de-saturated), but that's what happened!

I don't know if it's Crystal itself (battery never changed from 2002-2003, whenever I got it--long time, I know) or my GBA SP (the hinge broke and I got some cheaper replacement parts, and while it works and I saved as much of the original material as I could, still feels cheaper).

I'm really worried...my team is probably technically safe (backed up with Mega Memory Card, with a v2.1 GameShark for other purposes), but it's really starting to freak me out!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there somewhere on the Wiki that'll list all held items by Gen?

A list that you can look up which wild Pokemon hold which items?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TheCableGuy View Post

This?

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post

This?
    yeap. that'd be it. I don't know why it didn't come up in my search.

But thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone yet made a Damage Calculator Applet to auto-calculate damage?
    Several Sources has the Formula for it but I'd like to see an actual Calculator to do it.... (Because I suck at Math.)

Anyway, that brings me to my problem.

I have a Banette with 162 Atk, 98 SAtk.
    I'm torn between using Shadow Ball or Shadow Sneak.
    Damage-wise, they're almost the same with Shadow Ball coming out just slightly more but Shadow Sneak makes up for Banette's speed.

Any one have some thoughts on this?

Hell's Demon Fox Truthseeker4449's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Visit Truthseeker4449's Youtube Channel

Has anyone yet made a Damage Calculator Applet to auto-calculate damage?
    Several Sources has the Formula for it but I'd like to see an actual Calculator to do it.... (Because I suck at Math.)
    I haven't seen an applet for it, but I have used this in the past. There are also several other calculators available on different sites.