FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 254

Page 254 of 346 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 5185
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

  1. #3796
    Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,604
    Trophies
    Blog Entries
    137

    Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    Does Gyro Ball suffer any damage penalty if the Pokémon is holding a Quick Claw?
    No. Gyro Ball's damage is still based on how low your Speed stat is compared to the foe whilst Quick Claw is only giving your move priority for that round.
    Frenzy Plant likes this.

  2. #3797
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    If an opponent uses Swagger on my Pokémon, do I keep the Attack increase after I snap out of the confusion or do I lose it?

  3. #3798
    真実の英雄 smalllady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Nuvema Town
    Posts
    1,359
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    If an opponent uses Swagger on my Pokémon, do I keep the Attack increase after I snap out of the confusion or do I lose it?
    You keep the attack increase.

    Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

  4. #3799
    Registered User Anser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    788

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    If an opponent uses Swagger on my Pokémon, do I keep the Attack increase after I snap out of the confusion or do I lose it?
    You keep the attack increase.
    Ah, cool! I guess it's not that bad then (for me). Thanks for answering!

  5. #3800
    Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    545
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    No. Gyro Ball's damage is still based on how low your Speed stat is compared to the foe whilst Quick Claw is only giving your move priority for that round.
    Thank you!

    Are Steel-type Pokémon affected by Toxic Spikes?
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

  6. #3801
    Dragon of the Water RiverAura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    White Forest
    Posts
    462
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    Are Steel-type Pokémon affected by Toxic Spikes?
    No, Steel-type and Poison-type Pokémon (as well as Flying-types and Pokémon with Levitate) are not affected by Toxic Spikes, although only Poison-types nullify them when they enter the field. Full details here.
    Frenzy Plant likes this.

  7. #3802
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,610
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    If one person Breeds an egg, then walks around with it, then trades it to someone else. Are the steps that were taken to hatch the egg keep when it is traded or is it reset?

  8. #3803
    Grass-type fanatic Frenzy Plant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Glasgow, UK
    Posts
    545
    Follow Frenzy Plant On Twitter
    Follow Frenzy Plant on Tumblr

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    If one person Breeds an egg, then walks around with it, then trades it to someone else. Are the steps that were taken to hatch the egg keep when it is traded or is it reset?
    The steps taken to hatch the egg are kept. :)
    Joltik likes this.
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

  9. #3804
    Sometimes Quiet Joltik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,610
    Blog Entries
    63

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    If one person Breeds an egg, then walks around with it, then trades it to someone else. Are the steps that were taken to hatch the egg keep when it is traded or is it reset?
    The steps taken to hatch the egg are kept. :)
    Okay, Thanks!

  10. #3805
    needs a new avatar Shiny Staraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,111
    Blog Entries
    142

    Default Re: Blaziken Hidden Ability Breeding?

    Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    Ok so I'm about to rip my hair out, hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to be able to breed Blazikens with Speed Boost ability

    I have a female Blaziken with the hidden ability Speed Boost, I have her holding an everstone in order to pass on her nature which is the one I want the children to have.
    Now for the male, I've tried using a Blaziken (with Blaze ability) holding a power bracer to pass on his attack IV --- after breeding a boat load (more than a full box's worth) of those, and not having a single one born with Speed Boost, I thought maybe it was because you needed the male to be a different species but from the same egg group, so I tried using a Typhlosion (again holding a power bracer) only to have the same result.

    bulbapedia says there is a 60% chance of passing the hidden ability on, but I've literally bred 60+ of these little buggers and not a single one has gotten the hidden ability.
    Am I doing something wrong here? Am I missing some step?
    I'm a little late on this, but...
    the only way to make a Pokémon that can pass on its hidden ability is by giving it the Dream World flag. Most programs don't let you do this, but I know for a fact Pokesav does.(I've done it loads of times myself.)The dream world flag is 42. Set it to 01.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neoflare
    star i have your eevee
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Yagami
    IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN, COME TO ... AVENUE
    Y Friend Code: 2578-3150-3027

  11. #3806
    Registered User EthanDowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    My friend wants to breed a male pokemon with a dream world ability. If he uses an AR to make a female to breed one, would it be legitimate for the VGC, even you can't get a female version of the pokemon to breed with legally?

  12. #3807
    Dragon of the Water RiverAura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    White Forest
    Posts
    462
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by EthanDowns View Post
    My friend wants to breed a male pokemon with a dream world ability. If he uses an AR to make a female to breed one, would it be legitimate for the VGC, even you can't get a female version of the pokemon to breed with legally?
    So I take it it is possible to get a male of the species with the Dream World ability legitimately, just not a female? In that case, it depends on how much their game check scans. If it only scans the party being registered, the team could pass under the radar provided every Pokémon on it could be obtained legally in some way. However, if the scan checks the game, your friend could run into some trouble.

    Also worth noting is that, unless your friend specifically puts the Dream World flag on the Pokémon in question, it won't have any offspring with the hidden ability, regardless of whether it has it or not.

  13. #3808
    Registered User EthanDowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverAura View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EthanDowns View Post
    My friend wants to breed a male pokemon with a dream world ability. If he uses an AR to make a female to breed one, would it be legitimate for the VGC, even you can't get a female version of the pokemon to breed with legally?
    So I take it it is possible to get a male of the species with the Dream World ability legitimately, just not a female? In that case, it depends on how much their game check scans. If it only scans the party being registered, the team could pass under the radar provided every Pokémon on it could be obtained legally in some way. However, if the scan checks the game, your friend could run into some trouble.

    Also worth noting is that, unless your friend specifically puts the Dream World flag on the Pokémon in question, it won't have any offspring with the hidden ability, regardless of whether it has it or not.
    Thanks for replying. Specifically, he wants to breed a chloro bulbasaur, which was a male event pokemon in japan.

  14. #3809
    Registered User Paulisthebest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Veilstone City
    Posts
    1,090
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Anyone know how to get Snivy with its hidden ability to be used throughout the game other than Dreamworld?

  15. #3810
    Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    $aturn¥oshi's pants
    Posts
    5,008
    Blog Entries
    15
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulisthebest View Post
    Anyone know how to get Snivy with its hidden ability to be used throughout the game other than Dreamworld?
    As far as I can recall, no snivy have ever been released with their hidden ability to date, either through events or the dreamworld.

    Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •