FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 242

Page 242 of 346 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

As soon as you get the C-gear, which in B2/W2 is after you beat Cheren, the first gym leader.

Default Uber noob, IVs, and Breeding

Hey everyone,

Hoping that you can all enlighten me on the subject of IV training your pokemon.

1) How do you increase the IVs of a given pokemon
    2) If the only way to increase the values is through breeding then how do you ensure that the pokemon you have bred will receive the appropriate IVs?
    3) Can you breed pokemon that have IV 31 in all stats? If so how do you go about doing this?
    4) How do you breed pokemon to effectively get better and better IVs

I can understand that this is a little bit of a ridiculous request, given the sheer density of IV training, but I would really love to get some pokemon that are fully IV trained and capable of getting some really decent stats through EV training. Hopefully someone out there can help me with understanding how to increase/max out IVs!

Thanks a lot!

Blog Entries

@pylfer;

1. Short of hacking you can't increase IV's
    2. Start by having parents with good IV's. You can directly pass one IV from either parent by having one hold the corresponding power item i.e. power anklet for speed IV.
    3. Yes, either be really lucky or RNG. ( Random Number Generator manipulation )
    4. Again having good breeding stock, luck or RNG.

Which pokemon are you trying to breed?
    Is there anything worse than being all alone in the night?

Yes... being all alone in a crowd.

Visit Kyouhei!'s Youtube Channel

Default Battrio Tokens

I finally found an arcade with Pokemon Battrio, but I honestly have no idea where/how to get the tokens for the game. Does anyone know? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    @pylfer;

1. Short of hacking you can't increase IV's
    2. Start by having parents with good IV's. You can directly pass one IV from either parent by having one hold the corresponding power item i.e. power anklet for speed IV.
    3. Yes, either be really lucky or RNG. ( Random Number Generator manipulation )
    4. Again having good breeding stock, luck or RNG.

Which pokemon are you trying to breed?
    Hmmmm, well I was hoping to eventually breed the entire team that I was hoping to use to some extent, but now I don't know if that's going to be completely possible, lol. I totally thought that there was a way to ensure getting IV trained pokemon as well as EV trained pokemon.

Blog Entries

I was reading your guaranteed one shiny pokemon in black or white 2 is this correct?

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    I was reading your guaranteed one shiny pokemon in black or white 2 is this correct?
    Well, as far as I know, after you have seen every Pokemon in the Unova Pokedex, you receive a Licence. With it you can go to a location called Nature Sactuary where you can catch a shiny Haxorus.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

There's also, iirc:

If you don't want to be spoiled then don't open it. :I
    yourlilemogirl likes this.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    There's also, iirc:

If you don't want to be spoiled then don't open it. :I
    that is the one i heard about

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Just posting this here so they can get some help (:

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedRag
    Hello everyone.

So, I'm trying to hatch a Female, Naive Poochyena with the Alert to Sounds characteristic. Obviously I'm aiming for 31 EVs in Speed but I know it can take a while.

The main hurdle is hatching one with the correct characteristic. I've got a Female Naive Poochyena in the Day Care holding an Everstone so roughly every 2nd hatch is the correct Nature but so far, after around 40 eggs the 'Alert to Sounds' Poochyena has remained elusive.

Am I missing something, or is there genuinely nothing more I can do to try and manipulate the characteristic?

Thanks for your time!

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Definitely an "F" ticket! Shiny Porygon's Avatar

Hello everyone.

So, I'm trying to hatch a Female, Naive Poochyena with the Alert to Sounds characteristic. Obviously I'm aiming for 31 EVs in Speed but I know it can take a while.

The main hurdle is hatching one with the correct characteristic. I've got a Female Naive Poochyena in the Day Care holding an Everstone so roughly every 2nd hatch is the correct Nature but so far, after around 40 eggs the 'Alert to Sounds' Poochyena has remained elusive.

Am I missing something, or is there genuinely nothing more I can do to try and manipulate the characteristic?

Thanks for your time!
    There are other characteristics that allow for a 31 in Speed, namely the other 31 characteristics: Often dozes off, Likes to thrash about, Capable of taking hits, Mischievous and Somewhat vain. The Subway judge is better for determining perfect IVs in case of a tie (not EVs, which are trained for not inherited).

If one of the parents has a 31 in Speed, then making it hold a Power Anklet will allow it to be passed. If neither parent has a 31 in Speed, it is still possible but tricky to get the baby to have a 31 in that stat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon View Post
    Hello everyone.

Thanks for your time!
    There are other characteristics that allow for a 31 in Speed, namely the other 31 characteristics: Often dozes off, Likes to thrash about, Capable of taking hits, Mischievous and Somewhat vain. The Subway judge is better for determining perfect IVs in case of a tie (not EVs, which are trained for not inherited).

If one of the parents has a 31 in Speed, then making it hold a Power Anklet will allow it to be passed. If neither parent has a 31 in Speed, it is still possible but tricky to get the baby to have a 31 in that stat.
    Yeah I meant 31 IVs not EVs sorry. Ok thanks for your answer!

I must say though, I am completely confused now by the Bulbapedia page on Characteristics. That certainly implies that there is only one characterstic which allows for 31 IVs in a certain stat - eg, Likes to Thrash About would give 31 IVs in Attack, Alert to Sounds would give 31 in Speed etc.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

here is my planned elite four/lance team for heart gold i was wondering wewhat every body thinks of it PS the last two are up in the air at this point):

1. Heatran (caught in Platinum and traded over)
    2. Charizard (got in a trade as the Charmander)
    3. Garadoes (cought at the Lake)
    4. DraGONITE. (got a dratini in a trade)

These final 2 haven't been decided but its a toss up between.
    Castform (trade)
    Maganium (starter as chickorita)
    Steelix (caught in platinum in Victory rraod and traded over)
    Ho Oh (caught at the tower)

What do you think?
    Last edited by Zen-Aku; 3rd October 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedRag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Porygon View Post
    Hello everyone.

Thanks for your time!

Yeah I meant 31 IVs not EVs sorry. Ok thanks for your answer!

I must say though, I am completely confused now by the Bulbapedia page on Characteristics. That certainly implies that there is only one characterstic which allows for 31 IVs in a certain stat - eg, Likes to Thrash About would give 31 IVs in Attack, Alert to Sounds would give 31 in Speed etc.
    I think what he was trying to say is that you could happen to have 31 EVs in both Speed and another stat (say, for example, Attack), and since it's a tie, the Poochyena might have the 31-Attack characteristic displayed instead of the 31-Speed characteristic, determined randomly. However, you are correct in assuming that if your Poochyena had 31 EVs in Speed and nothing else, it should say "Alert to sounds."

Default Pokemon Tower in FireRed

Yea I was just curious if the fog on the second floor, the floor above where you face your Rival, is able to go away?