FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 235

Page 235 of 346 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 5185
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Where to start playing

Recently one of my friends got me into playing Pokemon TCG and I have decided to start playing the video games as well. I have been doing some research and there are so many Pokemon games that I am having a hard time choosing where to start. I would like to collect as many Pokemon as possible throughout the series but it seems that only the remakes of the first few pairs of games our compatible with current gen Pokemon games. Where would be a good place to start playing to ensure all my pokemon are compatible with the most recent generation? FireRed? I have a GameBoy color, GB Advanced, DS Lite and a 3DS. If I were able to lay my hands on a link cable or whatever, would I have all the technology, minus the games you guys suggest, to be able to "catch 'em all"?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where to start playing

@fathomblack;

Hey!

I'd start with either HeartGold or SoulSilver. That way, you see a lot of 'Pokemon geography' shall we say. Also, you'll have access to the vast majority of the first 251 Pokemon out of the current 649. All in all, either one of those games would be a great starting point.

I can't remember if the DS Lite has a GB Advanced game slot...? If it does, you could start with Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald so that you could get some hard to catch Pokemon before moving onto games with much better graphics and better gameplay in general. I apologise if I come across as condescending here - I just don't know how much you know about Pokemon - so in case you're unaware, the Ruby Sapphire and Emerald games are set in the Hoenn region (the third region) therefore, you might feel it'd be a bit strange to start with those games.

I'd really like to help you with this because I enjoy coming across people trying to fill up their Pokedex - I am also working on that! Feel free to PM me with any questions.

:)
    Last edited by Narcisse; 10th September 2012 at 06:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedRag View Post
    I can't remember if the DS Lite has a GB Advanced game slot...?
    The Lite does indeed have a GB Advanced slot. If you can get it, go with Emerald out of those three.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaggedRag View Post
    I can't remember if the DS Lite has a GB Advanced game slot...?
    The Lite does indeed have a GB Advanced slot. If you can get it, go with Emerald out of those three.
    Indeed.

Would it be possible/feasible to play SoulSilver>Emerald>Diamond or Pearl to preserve the original Pokemon timeline? Could I transfer pokemon in that order? I know very little about the Pokemon world, so don't worry about being condescending. Lol. All help/info is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fathomblack View Post
    Would it be possible/feasible to play SoulSilver>Emerald>Diamond or Pearl to preserve the original Pokemon timeline? Could I transfer pokemon in that order? I know very little about the Pokemon world, so don't worry about being condescending. Lol. All help/info is appreciated.
    No, you cannot transfer Pokemon to a previous generation. You can only trade within the same generation or transfer them to the next generation. Soul Silver and Diamond/Pearl are Gen IV, while Emerald is Gen III.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Default Is my game counterfeit?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum... I didn't think the game forum would be appropriate because it's about my physical copy rather than the game itself.
    Anyway, I bought a used LeafGreen Version from someone on Amazon. The thing is, the cartridge doesn't fit flush in my GameBoy Advance, which I find really odd. The game will turn on and can be played without a problem, but it sticks out about a millimeter or so.

In addition to that, the cartridge's plastic casing can be "pulled apart" at the seams, as if it isn't screwed together tightly. However, it is screwed together tightly... I even re-tightened the screw myelf.
    If I take the cartidge apart, the back half fits flush in the GBA. The problem is the front half... it seems to be slightly too big. I can't tell if it's counterfeit or a manufacturing defect.

Other than that, the cartridge appears legit. The label's printing doesn't look blurry, the color doesn't seem off (as far as I can tell). Even taking it apart and looking at the actual circuit boad thing inside, the text printed on it all looks legit. The only thing that might be suspicious is that the number printed on the cartridge's label does not match the number printed on the circuit board thing on the inside, and neither of those match the number embossed in the plastic on the back. I don't know if they're supposed to or not. The numbers are:
    label - AGB-BPGE-USA
    inside - AGB-E01-41
    back - AGB-002
    Last edited by Xenidal; 11th September 2012 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Is my game counterfeit?

I took couple of notes from my LeafGreen cartridge. I didn't take It apart since I don't have the proper screwdriver to remove It. But since the case is transparent, I was able to note down the numbers.

MODEL NO. AGB-002

MX CHIP
    MX B063157G
    MX29L010TC-15A1
    1H3479

ACB-E02-30
    512K/1M FLASH

Does It match from my cartridge to your own (unless every cartridge has their own unique chip number)? Also, can you upload a picture of the PCB as well as the overall physical look of the cartridge?

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'll try to get a picture up later... but the numbers don't match up to yours. Except the model number. Everything else is completely different. One of the chips says:
    Sammy
    CRアラジンネオ
    演出制御1用
    PK093WA01

It's also worth mentioning that mine (if it's not fake) is most likely from a later release. So maybe that's the reason for the chip being completely different?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

What color is the cartridge?You might have a fake game.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Is my game counterfeit?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenidal View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum... I didn't think the game forum would be appropriate because it's about my physical copy rather than the game itself.
    Anyway, I bought a used LeafGreen Version from someone on Amazon. The thing is, the cartridge doesn't fit flush in my GameBoy Advance, which I find really odd. The game will turn on and can be played without a problem, but it sticks out about a millimeter or so.

In addition to that, the cartridge's plastic casing can be "pulled apart" at the seams, as if it isn't screwed together tightly. However, it is screwed together tightly... I even re-tightened the screw myelf.
    If I take the cartidge apart, the back half fits flush in the GBA. The problem is the front half... it seems to be slightly too big. I can't tell if it's counterfeit or a manufacturing defect.

Other than that, the cartridge appears legit. The label's printing doesn't look blurry, the color doesn't seem off (as far as I can tell). Even taking it apart and looking at the actual circuit boad thing inside, the text printed on it all looks legit. The only thing that might be suspicious is that the number printed on the cartridge's label does not match the number printed on the circuit board thing on the inside, and neither of those match the number embossed in the plastic on the back. I don't know if they're supposed to or not. The numbers are:
    label - AGB-BPGE-USA
    inside - AGB-E01-41
    back - AGB-002
    This may help you compare with your own.
    Take note though that the carts described are PAL carts, if you have American ones, scroll down the comments for a pic of what those should look like.

Also this guide as well (has more pictures and goes into more detail)
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 12th September 2012 at 12:46 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Thanks guys.
    It's fake. The label gives it away. I didn't think of this before, but all real cartridges have a 2- or 3-digit number imprinted into the label, but my copy does not have this.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Where is the earliest location to find a rare candy in white?

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON PIRANHA View Post
    Where is the earliest location to find a rare candy in white?
    The Desert Resort on Route 4 between Castelia and Nimbasa City (it's hidden, but it's near a Psychic trainer).

There is a Rare Candy on Route 2 and another on Route 3 but you need Strength and Surf to get those, respectively.

Blog Entries

Wasn't sure of where to post this question but I guess I can't go wrong posting it here!

Can anyone confirm exactly what the blue haired guy in the Battle Subway says when your Pokemon has 31 IVs in one of its stats? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

I have another question - obviously nature can be passed down through breeding, can characteristic (e.g 'Likes to Thrash About') also be passed down?

One more :) - If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat and you EV train it until that stat is maxed out, does the stat remain maxed out if the Pokemon evolves? As an example, if I EV trained a Lillipup so that it's attack stat was maxed out, would it remain that way by the time it became a Stoutland?

Thanks very much