FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 223
Page 223 of 356 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 5338

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Trophies

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Victini View Post
    is there a way to get a different swarm in HGSS?
    The only time it changes is by waiting until the next day and there is no other way around it without cheating or hacking. Only Gen V games can be manipulated by switching the console off and on.

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

totally fangirling out Dark Victini's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Dark Victini on Google+
    Visit Dark Victini's Youtube Channel

bla, thanks
    3DS FC=1263-5787-4526
    Mii Name=Amelia
    X IGN=Kristiel(female)
    Y IGN=Brunien(male)

Blog Entries

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Oh, is that only for official tournaments, then (don't know too much about online battling)? In that case, it could have been hacked.

Hell's Demon Fox Truthseeker4449's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Truthseeker4449's Youtube Channel

I don't think it's possible to hack beyond the limits of the Pokemon.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by mwetwe View Post
    The only time it changes is by waiting until the next day and there is no other way around it without cheating or hacking. Only Gen V games can be manipulated by switching the console off and on.
    Actually it should be possible if you change the clock to 11:58pm then just wait the 2mins for the day to switch over. Hypothetically it would change the swarm. No harm in trying, though you run the risk of messing with the Safari Zone's speal, and w/e else is time sensitive.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

I have a question about Gyro Ball. You know the damage that move deals depends on how big the difference between battlers' Speeds are, right? Let's say I'm using my Ferrothorn against a Dragonite, who keeps using Agility. Dragonite's Speed is increasing, right? Does Gyro Ball's damage increase every time Dragonite uses Agility? Or let's say someone uses Cotton Spore on my Ferrothorn and my Speed decreases. Does that increase the damage Gyro Ball will deal?

And I also have a question about Swagger. That move increases the target's Attack by two stages, but leaves it confused. After the target snaps out of its confusion, do they keep the Attack boost they got earlier, or do they lose it?
    Last edited by Anser; 7th August 2012 at 10:37 AM.

@Anser; Since Gyro Ball's damage calculation is based on both parties current speed when the attack is used, any modifiers such as Agility and Cotton Spore would be taken into account. For Swagger, the attack stages remain raised until the end of battle or another ability changes them.

Next up is the hacked Thundurus. The hack checks for pokemon are done for GTS Battles/Trades. WiFi/IR Trades/Battles don't have the same checks. It is possible to raise EV and Stat Values above the Pokemon's normal values. It would revert to its true stats if leveled or moved from box to party. I don't believe the level adjustment from flat battles reverts the value.

Has everyone somehow forgotten that Thundurus's ability is Prankster? (I'm assuming, naturally, you didn't battle it in therian forme.)

All of his moves get +1 priority, so that you can only beat him to the punch if your pokemon is faster and has prankster as well; or if your pokemon uses a priority move like pursuit, extremespeed, or aqua jet.
    "Johto" Johnny (HG):
    4941-9785-0728
    "Unova" Ewan (Black):
    1549-4754-3649

Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwetwe View Post

Actually it should be possible if you change the clock to 11:58pm then just wait the 2mins for the day to switch over. Hypothetically it would change the swarm. No harm in trying, though you run the risk of messing with the Safari Zone's speal, and w/e else is time sensitive.
    I think I've tried this and I dont think it worked, but like you said, give it a try...

Huge thanks to Blue Dragon for my EPIC avatar & sig

追放されたバカ

Quote Originally Posted by Truthseeker4449 View Post
    It is actually. My friend who used to play Pokemon had Pokesav, and he could type in EV's higher than 255 without a problem, and I think he could do the same for IV's although I'm not certain. But yeah he had Pokemon like with 255 EV's in each stat

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Therian View Post
    It is actually. My friend who used to play Pokemon had Pokesav, and he could type in EV's higher than 255 without a problem, and I think he could do the same for IV's although I'm not certain. But yeah he had Pokemon like with 255 EV's in each stat
    I've had that done with an Arceus and the game auto adjusted the stats back to the maximum for the nature boosted stat, mid-range for the neutral, and low range for the nature resisted stat. Thus leaving me to conclude that it's impossible to max out all the stats at one time.

追放されたバカ

I've had that done with an Arceus and the game auto adjusted the stats back to the maximum for the nature boosted stat, mid-range for the neutral, and low range for the nature resisted stat. Thus leaving me to conclude that it's impossible to max out all the stats at one time.
    Was it a new game? Maybe Game Freak added that in at some point, my Pokesav friend played Pokemon with me during Diamond and Pearl, and that's when it happened, and at level 100 it did have higher stats IN GAME than Bulba says is possible. But maybe at some point after DP, Game Freak added in that tool that if they go over then they are neutralised?

Blog Entries

Was it a new game? Maybe Game Freak added that in at some point, my Pokesav friend played Pokemon with me during Diamond and Pearl, and that's when it happened, and at level 100 it did have higher stats IN GAME than Bulba says is possible. But maybe at some point after DP, Game Freak added in that tool that if they go over then they are neutralised?
    I traded for it and my game was Pearl. I don't know what the other game was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by muteKi View Post
    Has everyone somehow forgotten that Thundurus's ability is Prankster? (I'm assuming, naturally, you didn't battle it in therian forme.)
    This is an excellent point. Was Thundurus using status moves?

Quote Originally Posted by Thuzle View Post
    @Anser; Since Gyro Ball's damage calculation is based on both parties current speed when the attack is used, any modifiers such as Agility and Cotton Spore would be taken into account. For Swagger, the attack stages remain raised until the end of battle or another ability changes them.

Next up is the hacked Thundurus. The hack checks for pokemon are done for GTS Battles/Trades. WiFi/IR Trades/Battles don't have the same checks. It is possible to raise EV and Stat Values above the Pokemon's normal values. It would revert to its true stats if leveled or moved from box to party. I don't believe the level adjustment from flat battles reverts the value.
    Oh, I get it now. Thank you for that thorough explanation! I guess that's the only way that Thundurus attacked before me. My Starmie's Speed is 358, which is faster than Thundurus's Speed limit.