FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 217

Page 217 of 346 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

Quote Originally Posted by MadaDei View Post
    @Furret162 Then please go put your firewall back on if you haven't already. You're putting your computer at a huge risk with it off. I will mention this to Power of Arua, so he can tell whoever he gets on the phone with this about.
    It's been on since then, of course. Sorry that I forgot to mention that.

Legendary Serperior by Chaos Dusknoir.
    I claimed Tails and Waddle Dee on July 2nd, 2012.
    I also claimed Luxray on July 3rd, 2012. Pokemon Black friend code: Dawn 0519 3311 2523 Black 2: Dawn 1292 7501 4298

Default Re: (No idea where to post this) Are you having trouble trading pokemon Error Code: 8

@Furret162 Ah, OK! :) I just wanted to make sure. Anyway, Power of Aura has emailed Nintendo. I'll either update fist post when he hears from them, or send you a message if this thread doesn't get too many people with the same problem.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: ALERT: Are you having trouble trading pokemon? Getting Error Code: 86420?

Alright. One of the people I had been trying to trade with was having the problem too.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

@mwto; Thanks for your help!

MAJOR UPDATE!!!!

@MadaDei; Just got Error #61010, which means there's a server outage in Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. MadaDei, please edit this into your first post.
    Last edited by Zeb; 23rd July 2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: merge

Default Re: ALERT: Are you having trouble trading pokemon? Getting Error Code: 86420?

@mwto Hm? Just one? Well, still, that now makes 10 that I know of. Thank you again for your help.

Blog Entries

I haven't heard back from the other one yet

@mwto Alright, thank you again. I JUST got a trade through. You might want to see if you can trade now as well.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

UPDATE:

Ok, you all should be able to use the Wi-Fi room now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Furret162 Hey, just wanted to inform you I've gotten two trades through. I needed to talk to them a few times, but if you get to the screen that allows you to pick what to do- you're good, the trade will go through.

Default A Question on Stat Mechanics.

Ok so here it goes. It is common knowledge that keeping a pokemon from evolving often decreases the level at which it learns new moves. It is also known that pokemon get better stats upon evolving. However, if you keep from evolving and then evolve them later, will they have worse stats than they otherwise would have had?

Egg moves aside, here this out.
    So say I wanted a Venusaur with earthquake and seed bomb so I held back my Bulbasaur til he learned SeeD bomb, then evolved him to Venusaur and used the TM.
    Would this make it have worse stats than if I just leveled it strait?

and in theory, if one were to hack a Venusaur at level one, would it be stronger than a just evolved Venusaur at the same level?

Does this work the same in all generations? or does it differ at all between them?

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Question on Stat Mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaKnight View Post
    Ok so here it goes. It is common knowledge that keeping a pokemon from evolving often decreases the level at which it learns new moves. It is also known that pokemon get better stats upon evolving. However, if you keep from evolving and then evolve them later, will they have worse stats than they otherwise would have had?

Egg moves aside, here this out.
    So say I wanted a Venusaur with earthquake and seed bomb so I held back my Bulbasaur til he learned SeeD bomb, then evolved him to Venusaur and used the TM.
    Would this make it have worse stats than if I just leveled it strait?

and in theory, if one were to hack a Venusaur at level one, would it be stronger than a just evolved Venusaur at the same level?

Does this work the same in all generations? or does it differ at all between them?
    The stats of your Pokemon will not change regardless if you waited for it to learn a new move or not. I believe this is true for all generations.

Zeb
    vital spirit. Zeb's Avatar Deputy Head Administrator
    Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

This section is for arranging trades only. If you want to discuss problems with trading take it over to the Video Games section.

Edit: In fact, I'll just move this thread over there now.
    @MadaDei; your thread has been moved.
    Zeb: 0361-6364-1279 | Thunderbolts and Lightningrods!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    This section is for arranging trades only. If you want to discuss problems with trading take it over to the Video Games section.

Edit: In fact, I'll just move this thread over there now.
    @MadaDei; your thread has been moved.
    Thank you. I asked a mod to do that, only to have have them redirect me. I contacted another while they were online, and they never replied.
    -Account Dead as of 7/26/12-

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    UPDATE:

Me and a friend are still having the problem, we just tried trading today and we were both getting it

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Power of Aura View Post
    UPDATE:

Me and a friend are still having the problem, we just tried trading today and we were both getting it
    Hmm, confusing. MadaDei and I traded normaly last night, without making any changes to our firewall. Either we were just lucky, or it's one of you or your friend's problem.