FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 191

Page 191 of 346 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,865 of 5186
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Help!!! Please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Water Max View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post
    For some strange reason my gen IV games will not connect to nintendo wi-fi, but my gen V do it just fine. Can anyone help?
    What type of internet security does your connection have and what type of DS are you using? Generation IV games can only connect to the internet through a connection which has a WEP key or no security. Generation V games can use DSis and 3DSs to connect to a WPA key connection as well as the types of connections which the original DS and DS Lite can connect to. If you have WPA connection you could buy a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector on the internet but they only work on Windows Vista or older Microsoft computers.
    I think I'm WPA. I use a DSi for wi-fi, and have windows seven. If i understood correctly does that mean there is no way to connect my gen IV games to wi-fi
    Yes, I don't think there is any other way to connect Generation IV games to the internet by the connection you are using. I also had this problem in Generation IV so I went to public places with no internet security to download event Pokémon and Ranger Missions. The place which I went to the most for an original DS compatible Internet connection was the closest library to my home.

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    in order for your Gen 4 games to connect, you'll need to change your settings to WEP.
    How can you do this without changing the network provider (Sky, TalkTalk, Virgin Media etc.)?
    Last edited by Water Max; 2nd June 2012 at 03:45 PM.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

@Water Max; just go into your router settings and change the security type. Nintendo has a section dedicated on their site for people to figure out if their routers are compatible with their consoles, in it, they show you how to access these settings by router brand (as they're all different). I'll link you when I get back on my comp (I'm on my cell atm)

EDIT: here ya go @mwto; and @Water Max; Wireless Routers - Default Settings
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 3rd June 2012 at 03:48 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Follow court on Tumblr

Default Pokemon Firered starters

I just got pokemon firered, which starter should i pick? xD

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Whatever one you like. Charmander is the hardest one to start with considering the first 2 Gyms are Rock and Water, and Bulbasaur is the easiest. Charmander gets Metal Claw though in Fire Red, so the battle against Brock may not be too difficult. Pick your favorite one or the one that has the type you want for your team.

Lick...Lick...Lick :P ShinyRiolu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For the in-game trades in B/W, are you able to battle all the trainers?
    Also, is it legal to have a Pikachu with Surf, Flash, Endure, and Endeavor?
    Last edited by ShinyRiolu; 3rd June 2012 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Add Meguroco on Facebook
    Follow Meguroco on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyRiolu View Post
    For the in-game trades in B/W, are you able to battle all the trainers?
    No. You are only able to battle two of the five, after beating the elite four.

Depending on your version, the girl in Nacrene City that you traded a Cottonee for Petilli/Petilli for Cottonee will have a Whimisicott (Black), or a Liligant (White). (Sorry about the spelling on those, I'm not sure how to spell them admittedly. xD)

The second one is the trade battle in Driftveil (the one you trade a Mincinno for a Basculin).

They seem to have only put the stone evolutions in, since the others are either no further evolution (Cinccino/Ditto), or trade evolution (Boldore).

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

I just got my first ever event Pokemon (Darkrai) and Im sure I will have lots of questions to come (like if I can still get some event pokes) BUT FOR NOW my question is this:
    Are event Pokemon IVs fixed or variable? I got Darkrai in my White and my Black versions but I dont have my Black with me right now so I was wondering if they will be the same or different? Personally I thought they were variable, but when I checked my White one and it had a Timid nature I thought: "hang on, I never get the right nature for legendaries, so this must be fixed..."

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by nintendont View Post
    I just got my first ever event Pokemon (Darkrai) and Im sure I will have lots of questions to come (like if I can still get some event pokes) BUT FOR NOW my question is this:
    Are event Pokemon IVs fixed or variable? I got Darkrai in my White and my Black versions but I dont have my Black with me right now so I was wondering if they will be the same or different? Personally I thought they were variable, but when I checked my White one and it had a Timid nature I thought: "hang on, I never get the right nature for legendaries, so this must be fixed..."
    You can S/R, as long as you didn't save when you picked the Darkrai up. So no, they're not fixed.

So, was working on a bullet punch adamant scizor in Pk. White. Question is: Can I teach Scizor Bullet Punch by Move Relearner in Pk. White/Black?
    Pk. White FC 3224 9180 9619
    Desde a 1ª Geração!

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    So, was working on a bullet punch adamant scizor in Pk. White. Question is: Can I teach Scizor Bullet Punch by Move Relearner in Pk. White/Black?
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Well, Pikachu can learn Flash (HM) and Endure (Move Tutor), and there have been various event Pikachu that know Surf. However, I don't think it can learn Endeavor. So, I don't think it would be a legal moveset.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    Well, Pikachu can learn Flash (HM) and Endure (Move Tutor), and there have been various event Pikachu that know Surf. However, I don't think it can learn Endeavor. So, I don't think it would be a legal moveset.
    Actually, a Pichu distributed by event for the 12th Movie(2009) knew Endeavor/Endure, but again, it wouldn't know Surf. So yes, still illegal moveset.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Quote Originally Posted by hurristat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Koba View Post
    Yes.
    Great! Thanks.
    Pk. White FC 3224 9180 9619
    Desde a 1ª Geração!

Default Re: Older Games: Simple Questions Thread

I know that in the Gen III Battle Frontier, the number of straight wins you must have in order to challenge a Frontier Brain is a multiple of 7, minus 1 (except for in the Dome). However, why is the number of rounds you must complete different for each facility? (And for that matter, why is 7 chosen as a magic number at most facilities anyway, and why is it 4 battles per round at the Dome instead of 7?)

So, here's the number of wins you need for each silver and gold print:

Dome: 20 (5 rounds) and 40 (10 rounds)
    Pyramid: 21 floors (3 rounds) and 70 floors (10 rounds)
    Factory: 21 and 42
    Pike: 14 choices (2 rounds) and 70 choices (10 rounds)
    Arena: 28 and 56
    Palace: 21 and 42
    Tower: 35 and 70

I can understand the Tower requiring more, since it's the "crown jewel" (if you will) and has no gimmicks like in the other facilities, and I'm guessing 16 is the highest number of Trainer names that can easily fit onto a GBA screen, which would explain why there are only those and not 64 (2 to the 7th power). Other than that, though, I don't understand why some facilities require more wins than others, why some facilities require twice as many wins for a gold print as for a silver print while others require 10 straight rounds for gold regardless of the silver number, why the Pike requires 2 straight rounds instead of 3 for a silver print, or why the Arena is the requires 28 and 56 wins for a print, instead of 21 and 42. I mean, the facilities in the Gen IV Frontier were much more consistent (except for the Hall, which has clear enough reasons to deviate).

Can someone please explain the logic behind all these inconsistencies?
    Last edited by McKnight; 5th June 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

To be honest, I don't think there is much logic behind the numbers. I would assume that the developers intuited how difficult each battle area would be and decided the numbers based on that.