FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 165
Page 165 of 356 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,475 of 5338

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Nope, Pokerus is not a glitch at all; it's a valid gameplay mechanic created by Game Freak. The only impact it will have on your game is a positive one. Like yourlilemogirl suggested, you should read the Bulbapedia article on Pokerus to properly understand its effect on Pokemon EVs.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nintendo'nt View Post
    even though I have NO IDEA about a lot of stuff going on around here: tis all mumbo jumbo (although I REALLY want to understand and eventually WILL) I may just know the cause of Silver not saving. I had the same problem a few years back and was told the internal battery inside the game cartridge itself has run dry and needs to be replaced.

Edit: OK simple question:
    The shinies and the pokemon that have had pokerus I mentioned above in my first post, can they do any harm if traded to my brand new Pokemon White game? Like crash it or something...for example: remember missingno. from Red and Blue how it jumbled the Wall-of-Fame?! Because the ones I mentioned have obviously been obtained through cheats (which I also dont understand how they are even done atm...haha!...AND I dont understand trading as it is today AT ALL...massive lol)
    Sorry to anyone out there going: STFU noobie noobie noobski!!! (cos theres defs AT LEAST one!!!)
    If you suspect them of being hacked, one thing you can do to check is to upload them to Pokécheck (<--CLICK) to make sure. If you don't want hacks in your new game, just in case you fear for your cart's save file's safety, then don't send them over.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Default Access Point not supported?

So we recently got a new router and now I have to reset my wireless settings on my DS; however when I try to search for an Access Point it just tells me The Access Point's Secuirty settings are not supported by the Nintendo DS". That is all.
    Anyone know what this means? Can it be fixed?

Default Re: Access Point not supported?

Does the router use WPA or WEP?

Because I think the Nintendo DS only works with WEP.

Happy NintendoDay Europe! Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Add Joshawott on Linkedin Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

If probably means you are using a Nintendo DS/DS Lite and your new connection has a WPA encryption; BW can only support WPA when played in a DSi/XL or a 3DS.

You can change your encryption to WEP if you type the IP address that should be attached to your router into the address bar.

Blog Entries

@Joshawott well that I already but sad that I can't use wpa now I have to change it :s
    Gone

Blog Entries

Visit Sweenix's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Im training to battle red atm, but i need to know is my team strong enough?

Dragonite lvl 71
    Jolteon lvl 70
    Gengar lvl 70
    Feraligatr lvl 70
    Typhlosion lvl 70
    Tyranitar llv 70
    Proud Advance/Amour/Final Fantasy Shipper :)

Serebii | Youtube | Advancers | IGN | Ubiforums

Quote Originally Posted by Joshawott View Post
    If probably means you are using a Nintendo DS/DS Lite and your new connection has a WPA encryption; BW can only support WPA when played in a DSi/XL or a 3DS.

You can change your encryption to WEP if you type the IP address that should be attached to your router into the address bar.
    Darn. Its WPA... I don't want to mess with the settings since I'm rather inept at it. Now I somewhat regret buying the second-newest model when I bought a DS XD (DSi was only just out at the time, but I felt like saving a few bucks and bought Lite)

I've got a question for people on here that should know about the Friend Guard ability.

Now I'm aware it reduces the damage done to an ally by 25% however is it possible for it to stack in Double or possibly even Triple Battles? Like for example if you use a Jigglypuff and a Clefairy, would the damage reduced to an ally be limited to 25% or would it be increased to 50%?

If I wanted to make a new Global Link account and had my old one deleted, can I use my same Game Sync ID or do I need to restart my game?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by (P.O.K.E.M.O.N) View Post
    Im training to battle red atm, but i need to know is my team strong enough?

Dragonite lvl 71
    Jolteon lvl 70
    Gengar lvl 70
    Feraligatr lvl 70
    Typhlosion lvl 70
    Tyranitar llv 70
    You should do fine. (:

Lead with Tyranitar. No Hail means a less effective Blizzard, though your Jolteon should be able to OHKO both his Blastoise and Lapras.

@MattKira; I believe it does not stack. It would be incredibly broken in Triples if you could reach 75% damage reduction...

Default Why do some of my Pokémon glow before a battle?

I know that some Pokémon glow before battles, my Swampert, Sceptile and Raichu do it. But I have no idea why. I am not interested in a list of Pokémon that may be able to glow, or what colours they glow, but could anyone tell me WHY they glow? Thanks :).

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

Default Re: Why do some of my Pokémon glow before a battle?

What do you mean by glow? Do they sparkle whenever they come out of their pokeballs?

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Unless this guy has somehow obtained tons of shinies without even realizing that they exist, I think he's either referencing the little dust of sand that comes out when larger Pokemon enter in BW, or perhaps he's caught them using rare Pokeballs like Premier Balls which have a sparkle effect.
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    Duel Monsters Sengoku!

An original Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic! Join Yuto Masamune and his Imperial Monster Patch-Eye Dragon as they take on Sengoku Academy!

Current Chapter -Turn 2: One-Eyed Duelist, One-Eyed Dragon! Impress Summon, [Patch-Eye Dragon]!

Yuto continues his Duel against Shisa, a delinquent who calls himself a "Chain Duelist!". Just then, as Shisa's strong offense and defense overwhelms Yuto, a new type of summon occurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Quattro ~ Bajeena View Post
    or perhaps he's caught them using rare Pokeballs like Premier Balls which have a sparkle effect.
    This is what I was thinking... except 2 of the 3 she listed are starters (i.e. only available in normal balls with no effect)