FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 162

Page 162 of 346 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    Yes, as long as you logged in and entered the code, he should still be there until you do.
    Ok, Thank you.

Wait, one more thing, if I get the Event Zekrom/Reshiram, will the Special Home thing still work after they stop distriputing the Pokemon? I know, it's basically the same question.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Hey everyone, sorry for such a lame question (and I'm not entirely sure if this goes here) but is there a way to reset the Pokéwalker? My sister (PurplePlum) restarted her HeartGold game and now the Pokéwalker, which was already attached to her previous save file, won't connect to her DS. Anyway to fix it? I've already opened up the back to see if there's a button, but no luck. :/

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

On the system, when you go to the Pokewalker Menu, the only button that should be there, is "Save, Then go on a Stroll," on that screen, press Down + X + L. Try that, see if it works.
    @Magmarashi
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 8th April 2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Fixing mention link

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I believe the special home is available until May 29th, so you still have a lot of time to pick up the Reshiram/Zekrom C-gear skin.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Magmarashi View Post
    Hey everyone, sorry for such a lame question (and I'm not entirely sure if this goes here) but is there a way to reset the Pokéwalker? My sister (PurplePlum) restarted her HeartGold game and now the Pokéwalker, which was already attached to her previous save file, won't connect to her DS. Anyway to fix it? I've already opened up the back to see if there's a button, but no luck. :/
    Did you try this?:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokéwalker Bulbapedia Article
    Reset settings
    Once a Pokémon is forcefully retrieved from the system, the Pokéwalker which holds the Pokémon's details is unusable. A Pokéwalker's settings must be deleted and reset before making it usable again. The settings on the game can be reset and deleted by pressing and holding Down, X, and L at the Pokéwalker connection screen. This must be done to avoid a cloning glitch. After resetting a Pokéwalker, it may be synced with another game, or a new file.
    It should also be noted that when synced with a new game, the Pokéwalker will become the language the game is. For example, if a Pokéwalker that came with a Japanese game is synced with an English game, after syncing, the Pokéwalker would be in English. This proves that very little data is stored on the Pokéwalker itself; most likely only the Pokémon on it and the player's party is stored on it. The latter is for the Trainer House.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Blog Entries
    Follow Magmaster12 On Twitter
    Visit Magmaster12's Youtube Channel

I just beat the Elite 4 in Pokemon Emerald and my entire team is level 50 but I'd like to get my team up to level 65 to beat Steven Stone.
    Anyone have a suggestion to where I should train?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

The best place is generally just to keep grinding on the E4.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Default Pokemon cloning?

Hi everyone!

I have a question here that includes cloning of Pokemon, and thus also hacking. Right now I have my best ones in the Black edition. They all have top notch IV's and are EV trained as well, so naturally; I want to keep them as long as possible.

I thought of transferring my well trained Pokemon to another copy of the game (possibly a white version), cloning my best Pokemon in that version, transferring the originals back, and thereby preserving my cloned Pokemon in the White one.

Don't get me wrong here, I have no intention of hacking the game, other than preserving my Pokemon in case my best Black file is deleted (or the cartridge is lost or whatever). Also: I thought of using Action Replay as a means to the end.

My question here (wow, I need to shove aside the habit of writing long essay-prologues) is; should I do this? Are there any side effects? Will the cloned Pokemon, although they're exactly identical to the ones I initially started off with, be in harm with this process? What about the originals? And the games themselves; will they be hacked when I transfer the originals or the cloned pokemon?

I always get the right answers, very quickly, in this forum, so I appreciate the helpful advice from my comrades.

Prime

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon cloning?

I would say it depends on how good you're with the AR. If you do it right nothing will happen to your pokemon and or games. It's like photocopying a document really, you won't be able to know which are the original and which are the copies.
    My life is a nightmare

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pokemon cloning?

Quote Originally Posted by Sourcandy View Post
    I would say it depends on how good you're with the AR. If you do it right nothing will happen to your pokemon and or games. It's like photocopying a document really, you won't be able to know which are the original and which are the copies.
    This is correct. The cloned Pokemon will be identical in every fashion; you won't be able to tell the difference between the original and its clone.

I've done this many times and I've never had any side effects, so your Pokemon, originals and cloned, will be safe. I would recommend that once you're finished cloning them to save your game and take out the AR. Try your best not to play while it's in your DS cartridge slot. It's never happened to me personally but I've heard of problems occurring when the AR is left in for too long while not being used. Otherwise you should have no concerns.

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

@Primetroid - This seems like more of a simple question thing, so I've merged your thread with the Gen V Simple Questions thread.

I'm playing Black and I want to hatch a Chikorita with Leech Seed and Giga Drain. I know Chikorita can learn Leech Seed, but what about Giga Drain? Is there anyway Chikorita can learn Giga Drain in Gen. V? I would appreciate learning it in Gen. V rather than teaching it with TM19 in Gen. IV and transferring it to my Black.

Blog Entries
    Add Meguroco on Facebook
    Follow Meguroco on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by TaiChiChasers View Post
    I'm playing Black and I want to hatch a Chikorita with Leech Seed and Giga Drain. I know Chikorita can learn Leech Seed, but what about Giga Drain? Is there anyway Chikorita can learn Giga Drain in Gen. V? Iwould appreciate Gen. V rather than teaching it with TM19 in Gen. IV and transferring it to my Black.
    There's no way for Chikorita to learn Giga Drain in Gen V (or Bayleef/Meganium) besides being transferred from Gen IV, if I am correct (it had it removed as a TM in gen V, and it can't learn it via level-up or egg move).

I'm quite confused by this.

I just battled someone over random matchup who had two Lapras and at least two of his Pokemon choice scarfed. The battle was triple,no Zoroark on team preview and the two Lapras were out at the same time.

So my question is: is this cheating of some sort or I'm missing on something. And if it's cheating,how it wasn't filtered by random matchup?

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Igzz View Post
    I'm quite confused by this.

I just battled someone over random matchup who had two Lapras and at least two of his Pokemon choice scarfed. The battle was triple,no Zoroark on team preview and the two Lapras were out at the same time.

So my question is: is this cheating of some sort or I'm missing on something. And if it's cheating,how it wasn't filtered by random matchup?
    Perhaps one of the Lapras was a Pokémon that used transform?

Edit: Wait, how do you know that he had two choice scarves?