FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 146
Page 146 of 350 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 5249

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: "Event Pokemon" Help?

Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of events were limited-time-only, so you won't be able to get them yourself even if you buy the old games. There are a grand total of 15 event-only Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect). Of these 15:

That leaves four remaining event Pokémon that are currently available. Arceus is the easiest to obtain, as it requires only a Black or White gameand Wi-Fi access to obtain from the Dream World. Mew is significantly more difficult, requiring either Diamond or Pearl and the WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch. Jirachi is even harder to obtain, requiring an English Colosseum Bonus Disc (but not Colosseum itself) and an English Ruby or Sapphire game. Celebi is by far the hardest event Pokémon to obtain, as it requires a Japanese Colosseum game, the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc (which unlike the English disc has limited uses, so good luck finding one that still works), and a Japanese GBA game.

Simply put, you can't get them all yourself, only those four (barring any future events), and of those only Arceus and possibly Mew are even remotely feasible. You'll have to trade for the rest.
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Radio Rebel View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of events were limited-time-only, so you won't be able to get them yourself even if you buy the old games. There are a grand total of 15 event-only Pokémon (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect). Of these 15:

That leaves four remaining event Pokémon that are currently available. Arceus is the easiest to obtain, as it requires only a Black or White gameand Wi-Fi access to obtain from the Dream World. Mew is significantly more difficult, requiring either Diamond or Pearl and the WiiWare game My Pokémon Ranch. Jirachi is even harder to obtain, requiring an English Colosseum Bonus Disc (but not Colosseum itself) and an English Ruby or Sapphire game. Celebi is by far the hardest event Pokémon to obtain, as it requires a Japanese Colosseum game, the Japanese Colosseum Bonus Disc (which unlike the English disc has limited uses, so good luck finding one that still works), and a Japanese GBA game.

Simply put, you can't get them all yourself, only those four (barring any future events), and of those only Arceus and possibly Mew are even remotely feasible. You'll have to trade for the rest.
    Jirachi can be got with a PAL pokemon channel...
    Team trained in White - Going for 100

=TYRANITAR===HYDREIGON===EELEKTROSS===CHANDELURE===DRAGONITE===KLINKLANG

Reject the status quo! Radio Rebel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mattrules161 View Post
    Jirachi can be got with a PAL pokemon channel...
    You're right, forgot about that one.
    Name: Rebel ♦ Friend Code: 2208-6003-1380 ♦ Friend Safari: Beautifly, Paras, Vivillon
    Badges: 8 ♦ Pokédex: 712 Seen / 712 Obtained ♦ Medals: 109

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Quote Originally Posted by yourlilemogirl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by s|ush View Post
    I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows the answer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by un-register (are you talking about it being linked to your dream world account?) but you can delete your save file to make a new one, you'll just never be able to load your old one again, cuz ya know, you have to delete it in order to start over.
    I mean that on the dream world account you can have two games registered, 1 black and 1 white. If I were to start a new game on black for example, would i be able to register that game file save to the dream world? I can't see any way of removing the activated game. Is it even possible or would I be stuck with a registered game I cant actually sync too?

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows the answer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I'm not really sure what you mean by un-register (are you talking about it being linked to your dream world account?) but you can delete your save file to make a new one, you'll just never be able to load your old one again, cuz ya know, you have to delete it in order to start over.
    I mean that on the dream world account you can have two games registered, 1 black and 1 white. If I were to start a new game on black for example, would i be able to register that game file save to the dream world? I can't see any way of removing the activated game. Is it even possible or would I be stuck with a registered game I cant actually sync too?
    From what I remember another person asking about this last year, that is your answer. Though @bluesun or @Miyr may know better.

Edit: @s|ush found the post I was thinking of:
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nour386 View Post
    I have very little resistance to the truth, I need to restart my white. but I have a pokemon in the dream world, and to top things off I might get a new global link code. meaning that I can't it back. not that much of a worry. but to register for tournaments. any help?
    this please help me
    I don't know what you're trying to ask for, but hopefully this will answer it.
    Restarting a game will lock you out from your current PGL account and you'll need to make a new one. You'll still be able to access it but it will no longer be linked to a game so will be essentially useless.
    Online tournaments you've registered for are part of PGL, so you'll be locked out of them too. Once you get a new GSID you can reregister though.
    Official tournaments like the VGC shouldn't mind if you've restarted your White or not, so long as it's not got any hacks on it.
    EDIT2: there is also this post that you might find helpful @s|ush

Quote Originally Posted by Vhazhiphor View Post
    I may be late for this, but if you lose the game file you synched with your Global Link account, you can't keep your history, but you can still use the same account. Go to support.pokemon and open a question about it (the data you need to include is in one of the FAQs (I think it's called "my game file got accidentally erased" or something like that). Anyway, you submit that question and somebody in support deletes your GSID so you can use a new one. But, as I said, you basically start from scratch - just using the same account.
    I don't mind this just that I can use the same Game Sync ID, Thank you :)
    Just make sure that in your inquiry you include your pokemon.com username, DOB, and ..some other info that I can't remember right now :T

For more info on some relegated steps, see this post below:
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 1st March 2012 at 05:48 PM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When EV training, if you do wild double battles and only defeat one Pokemon, then run away from the other, do you get the one pokemons EV's or the other pokemons as well?

I assumed only one, but as I've been training I've noticed the EV's get full without any investment into all the stats I want.
    Last edited by Typhoon; 1st March 2012 at 10:13 PM.

H-Gold 2365-2755-3663
    Black 3825-7845-9059

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Typhoon View Post
    When EV training, if you do wild double battles and only defeat one Pokemon, then run away from the other, do you get the one pokemons EV's or the other pokemons as well?

I assumed only one, but as I've been training I've noticed the EV's get full without any investment into all the stats I want.
    You only earn EVs for Pokemon that are defeated.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked this question back in Dec. but never got an answer:

Couple of Questions: When breeding DW Burmy (or any Burmy for that matter), does the cloak of the parent influence what type of cloak a baby Burmy will hatch with?
    ie. will Trash Cloak mother Burmy/Wormadam produce only more Trash Cloak Burmy? And if it does, is it only Wormadam who can influence the cloak or can a Burmy mother do the same?

i've heard a few different things on this (like Mothim fathers only hatching default Burmy) and want to make sure before i start taking up box space with these things.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

@yourlilemogirl

It should always be Plant Cloak to my knowledge. Burmy can change cloaks after certian battles, but when caught is always plant. Whatever cloak it has when it evolves (at Lv.20) is kept by Wormadam forever.
    Last edited by Mumzy; 2nd March 2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Darn you metion system!

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Curious about BW events

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, if not please move it.

But I was curious the other day, what criteria do the BW games actually use to trigger the Zoroark and Zorua events?

If for example, I used a Celebi from Colloseum, and made it have the fateful encounter tag through Pokesav, and if I caught Suicune in HGSS and again, gave it the fateful encounter tag, also let me stress it wouldn't be shiny, would it still work?

Is the Zorua and Zoroark events the same as Shaymin, where it works on any Pokemon as long as its fateful encounter? Or is there other criteria as well? Most importantly, if you somehow got a Pokemon that met all the criteria but wasnt shiny, would it still work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow gryffindor1991 on Tumblr

Default Re: Curious about BW events

I believe there was a Celebi event during the HGSS run before BW came out and that Celebi triggered the Zorua event in Castelia City.
    As for the Zoroark event, that required one of the Shiny legendary beasts that also came out during that time I believe. I do think the beasts have to be shiny though. You could always just use Pokesav or something to hack the Celebi and beasts. That should still work, I'm sure someone has that done already.
    3ds FC: 3454-1523-2870
    Pokemon X ign: Joe
    Dark friend safari

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gryffindor1991 View Post
    I believe there was a Celebi event during the HGSS run before BW came out and that Celebi triggered the Zorua event in Castelia City.
    As for the Zoroark event, that required one of the Shiny legendary beasts that also came out during that time I believe. I do think the beasts have to be shiny though. You could always just use Pokesav or something to hack the Celebi and beasts. That should still work, I'm sure someone has that done already.
    Keldeo was asking how the event triggering works, not where to get the Celebi or the beast. And I haven't heard of anyone creating a Celebi or beast that could trigger the event.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah like if you created a blank shaymin lv 1 in a poke ball caught in Kanto, as long as its fateful encounter I think it still works with Gracidea. Wondering if the same is true for the Beasts and Celebi

Rocket Surgeon
    Post Thanks / Like

I was just wondering... Does normalize turn the damage dealt into normal-typed damage? Or, does it just make whatever attack.. let's say flamethrower, normal-typed for consideration of STAB?

Post Thanks / Like

What's the best starter pokemon in Black?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

I'm trying to get to spear pillar, but I can't seem to find exactly where to go in Mt. Coronet to get there. The layout of Mt. Coronet (on the wiki) didn't seem to explain it good enough. Where do I go in Mt. Coronet?
    EDIT: And thanks envoy! If it wasn't for you saying that, I wouldn't even have beaten the 5th gym (Right now, I've beaten the first 7 gyms! Hence why I'm trying to get to spear pillar.).