FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 144

Page 144 of 346 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 5184
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Default Re: Somebody please help! HeartGold Freezing Issue!

Thanks for the replies, guys. I can't see how I could have ended up with a used game (Future shop does not sell used games, unless it was a return.. wait.. heyyy) but something that did occur to me, was that though it was bought new, my DS is very old. I got it at the end of 2004, and it is well taken care of, though heavily used. So perhaps something happened with the system that's just the wear of time. I'm going to give Nintendo a call, and see what their take is, I'll update.

Also, thanks for letting me know that it's a bad idea to blow on games. This is something practically everyone does!

Your replies mean a lot, I'm sure you must know how I feel.

Edit:
    Just some more things that might help - This was my first time to the Safari Zone, with the missions completed. Also, that day, I tried the Pokeathlon for the first time. I have all sixteen badges, but this was my first time catching generation III and IV Pokemon. I don't know if all these new things overloaded the system? Then again, why would they be programmed in if that was possible? I'm just grasping at straws..
    Last edited by Horizon; 23rd February 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I don't think you can overload the game without hacking. If you want to make sure it's the system, try other games to see if they freeze.

OK! PROBLEM SOLVED!! I am so relieved.. I just called Nintendo, and they said that it was an issue with the touchscreen. I was skeptical at first, since I couldn't see anything lodged in there. But sure enough, I took a toothbrush and went around the edges of the screen like they said, and the system worked after that! I feel kind of stupid now, since the touchscreen looked completely clean, but isn't that something obvious to check first? :P

I am just so relieved right now. Thanks for all the replies! :)
    yourlilemogirl likes this.

Spiderman! Spiderman! SpiderMan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ive had a similar experience. About 4 months after getting my DS the touchscreen became unresponsive, i felt my ds could be dead D: turns out the screen protector-sticky plastic thing was technically presing the touchscreen everywhere at once. So when i turned on my ds, it counted that as default and so couldnt read the presses on the screen.

I guess this goes to show that sometimes you need to clean the touchscreen a bit, and be careful about things you puyt over the screens.
    Currently Playing:
    Pokemon Gold
    Spyro The Dragon
    Lego Racers
    MW3
    Dead Island

Default Re: Simple Questions and Simple Answers

Oh for sure, sometimes it isn't obvious, either. Everything else was ok with my game, but I was essentially locked out of my PC. The the thing that tipped the Nintendo rep off that it was the touchscreen, was that when I turned on my DS, it would advance on its own from the startup screen to the main menue. I was so panicked the other night, that I didn't even notice that!

So I'm going to be starting a fire red or leaf green run through soon using pokemon I've never used before I just am wondering what do you think of this team?
    Blastoise
    Primeape
    Eggexutor
    Aerodactyl
    Weezing
    Rapidash
    Ya I know I won't be able to get most of these guys till late in the game but oh well tell me what you think

Default Celestic Town Help

I've been trying to find Cynthia so that I can get to Celestic Town (and ultimately beat the Hearthome gym), but I can't find her. I beat Crasher Wake and earned the Fen Badge, and I looked around on Route 214 to try to find her, but she wasn't there. Can anyone help me?

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Celestic Town Help

Quote Originally Posted by goombario64 View Post
    I've been trying to find Cynthia so that I can get to Celestic Town (and ultimately beat the Hearthome gym), but I can't find her. I beat Crasher Wake and earned the Fen Badge, and I looked around on Route 214 to try to find her, but she wasn't there. Can anyone help me?
    Did you talk to the Galactic Grunt standing outside the Safari Zone after defeating Crasher Wake?
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries
    Follow Green Zubat On Twitter Add Green Zubat on Facebook
    Follow Green Zubat on Tumblr Visit Green Zubat's Youtube Channel

Its been so long ago since I played that gen I can't remember myself, but you should really ask here if you want help for that kind of stuff, I believe.

Credit to Missingno. Master for creating this lovely team snap for my sig :)

Quote Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
    Did you talk to the Galactic Grunt standing outside the Safari Zone after defeating Crasher Wake?
    No, I didn't. I'll try that.

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No, I didn't. I'll try that.
    Once you do, he'll run and you'll have to chase him, battling Barry along the way. Once you defeat the grunt, Cynthia should show up.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Default Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Random question about Smeargle.

So to give it four moves, I assume you have to Heart Scale Sketch three times? I ask because I have a DW one with Captivate and Sketch and one with Sketch and that has been replaced by Slam.
    White FC: 0519 0378 5394

Blog Entries

Follow Oswin on Tumblr

@a0161613 Or you can level it up, it learns Sketch every ten levels (something along those lines).

I have a quick question on the Game Sync feature of Pokemon Black/White. I currently have both a copy of Black and White synced up, but I am looking at starting a new game on one of my version. Does anyone know if I will be able to un-register and re-register the new save files? Or I am stuck with the two saves files linked to the games I currently have loaded?

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this or knows the answer.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by turtlekid View Post
    So I'm going to be starting a fire red or leaf green run through soon using pokemon I've never used before I just am wondering what do you think of this team?
    Blastoise
    Primeape
    Eggexutor
    Aerodactyl
    Weezing
    Rapidash
    Ya I know I won't be able to get most of these guys till late in the game but oh well tell me what you think
    It looks good! I've used Aerodactyl, Blastoise, Primeape and Eggexutor on a team( not all at the same time) and they have served me well, I just hope your willing to use Blastoise and primeape, a lot, but you know that.