FAQ: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5) - Page 10

Page 10 of 346 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-5)

Registered User \/\Stormbolt100/\/'s Avatar

Default Re: Simple Questions/Simple Answers v.4 (Gen IV/V)

Quote Originally Posted by PkmnGreen View Post
    No I've installed Flash again and reset my pc :/ Anyone got any other ideas?

The traders only come at weekends :)

My Samurott has Slash, Megahorn Surf and Revenge. IMO Revenge over Retaliate, but its up to you :)
    Oh ok, will do! Revenge it is! And I tried to find to find the Anville traders yesterday (Saturday), but I didnt see them....
    IF I CAN OUTSHINE YOUR BRIGHTEST IDEAS, THEN I SUGGEST YOU WEAR SUNGLASSES...

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

You're kidding?

Haha, I thought it got bigger with time.

Well.....thanks for the help though hurristat, for clearing up that conundrum for me.

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by GatoRage View Post
    You're kidding?

Haha, I thought it got bigger with time.

Well.....thanks for the help though hurristat, for clearing up that conundrum for me.
    Nah, if you take any longer than two or three weeks, it's practically empty.

You have to make a speed run to get a full Black city to start off with.

No problem.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I think it's that each one of the people there leave at either, 4, 6, 14 and 16 days depending on who you have in your City when you start. As such if you take any longer than 16 days, there'd be nothing there at all.

I wonder where all this 'grows with time' comes from, since this is about the fifth time I've heard of someone's game messed up because of it. ;.;

Does anyone know why the traders in Anville Town disappear so often? I saw them one Saturday in April (the 1st time I went to Anville Town) and left to get the required items (I never went back that week).The next Saturday I returned to trade, but I didnt see them for the whole weekend. Then, 2 weeks ago I saw all the traders again, so I traded with some of the NPCs. After that, I once again flew away to get more items and never went back that weekend. I came back the next week to check again and didn't see any of the NPCs again. I don't mess with my Dsi's time, and I've never hacked my Dsi games. And I only check the town on weekends. Help??

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

I remember reading somewhere that at some times randomly there is no train in Anville, and so no traders or something. It may be possible that's what happened. If so just see what happens next weekend, and look whether there's a train or not.

Is that So? Lo? Sis? Steel_Justice's Avatar

There might be a pattern with how the people come and go. I'm not sure I've never went to anville town.

When an egg is made in the daycare what is set in stone upon generation? In gen 4 gender, ability and nature were set with Ivs being generated upon recieving the egg, this allowed you to reset for good ivs. But recently I was breeding joltik and out came one who was timid, female and had compound eyes but the ivs weren't what i liked so i reset and pick up the same egg hoping for a stronger one. But this one came out with the same nature but was male and had unnerve. Did the egg mechanics change or something or is this a glitch cause I did this with scyther a while back and it was the same gender, same ability and same nature.

Screw the rules I have a Mudkip Motorcycle!
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

As far as I know, the same things are set upon receiving the egg. Two in a row of the same nature happens fairly often, three would start to show some sort of trend.

I just think the probabilities were just messing with you.

I tried it again and that Joltik egg must be cursed or nothing is set anymore since the hatchling is different everytime now. But its strange how it worked with Scyther and Ferroseed. But Scyther was weird since I was trying for an adamant male with technician and I'm trying for a timid female joltik with compound eyes both have the same chance of occuring at 1/8 chance but only Scyther made it through with its parameters consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    I remember reading somewhere that at some times randomly there is no train in Anville, and so no traders or something. It may be possible that's what happened. If so just see what happens next weekend, and look whether there's a train or not.
    I can confirm that sometimes there is not a train as I've seen that happen. I haven't noticed the traders not being there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel_Justice View Post
    When an egg is made in the daycare what is set in stone upon generation? In gen 4 gender, ability and nature were set with Ivs being generated upon recieving the egg, this allowed you to reset for good ivs. But recently I was breeding joltik and out came one who was timid, female and had compound eyes but the ivs weren't what i liked so i reset and pick up the same egg hoping for a stronger one. But this one came out with the same nature but was male and had unnerve. Did the egg mechanics change or something or is this a glitch cause I did this with scyther a while back and it was the same gender, same ability and same nature.
    I'm going to guess it's a glitch as this is the first time I've heard that happening. Try a few more times when breeding, maybe you can get a better answer to that.

I haven't tried manipulating the RNG yet though and I don't reset for IVs, I just get a lot of eggs... so I can't say for sure.

I tried it again and that Joltik egg must be cursed or nothing is set anymore since the hatchling is different everytime now. But its strange how it worked with Scyther and Ferroseed. But Scyther was weird since I was trying for an adamant male with technician and I'm trying for a timid female joltik with compound eyes both have the same chance of occuring at 1/8 chance but only Scyther made it through with its parameters consistently.
    Ok that is really weird. Maybe try it with a different species and see what happens. D:

Hatfield, Herefordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Will the masuda method still work for me?

Alright, so in HG, I got a Japan vuplix. But I evolved it into ninetales. I have since transferred it to Black, and have decided to breed for shiny. My question is, is my ninetales still considered a forgein pokemon by the game, so the masuda will work? Thanks
    --darkened35

Default Re: Will the masuda method still work for me?

It originated in Japan (which I am assuming is not where your cartridge came from since you are asking this) so, yes. Evolution doesn't change the piece of data that tells you where it came from and neither does transferring or trading.

I'll try with my litwick since the chances and situation is similar (similar Ivs, nature and ability) but one thing i did differently is that with Scyther and Ferroseed it was often paired with ditto and Joltik is paired with another joltik. But are you sure nature, gender and ability are supposed to be set upon generation like the previous gens?

Hatfield, Herefordshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Default Re: Will the masuda method still work for me?

OK, thanks! I was just worried that evolving it (which changes the name to english) changes the hex data for location. Now I can rest easy :) Thanks again!
    --darkened35

Quote Originally Posted by bluesun View Post
    There might be a pattern with how the people come and go. I'm not sure I've never went to anville town.
    So I'll just check the town again the weekend. Thanks!

Page 10 of 346 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast