Should they remake Gold/Silver? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should Gold/Silver be re-made?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 92.73%
  • No

4 7.27%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should they remake Gold/Silver?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamenerd Color View Post
    Red returns to Kanto (and eventually Mt.Silver) after you stop playing.
    We can infer that Red travels Johto before settling in Mt. Silver. The Fame Checker in FireRed/LeafGreen has Lance invite Red/Leaf to his hometown, Blackthorn City (which is the closest to Mt. Silver).

Navel Rock, Ho-Oh/Lugia: In the game continuity, Red/blue doesn't visit Navel Rock, since the ticket to go there is obtained from an outside event, not an in-game event - it was simply to "catch 'em all".
    I find that to be a rash conclusion that should be the last resort for an explanation. Lugia and Ho-oh of the third generation happen to pertain to the same category as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. From a storyline perspective, the Navel Rock event describes their history as of approximately three years prior to their appearance in Whirl Islands and Tin Tower, respectively. If you rule it out on account of continuity, you achieve nothing. It is Johto that is supposed to be "untouchable" in this period of time, rather than the 100 Pokémon associated with it.

Besides, Lugia and Ho-oh's appearance in Johto is influenced by Gold/Kris' having been entitled the Silver and Rainbow Wings. No one else has seen Ho-oh in contemporary Johto, though Lugia has been rumored to be seen on the night of a storm. It is likely that Navel Rock is Lugia's fixed location, where it has only been "disturbed" by Red/Leaf (and May/Brendan?). The holding of the Silver Wing by a deserving trainer triggers its return to Whirl Islands, the closest of its habitats to Brass Tower. As for Ho-oh, it is curious that it is lured to Navel Rock without any special item - is it there to protect Lugia?

There is, of course, the matter of Colosseum and XD. I believe the background attached to Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi (nothing is said of the birds or beasts) in those games should not be dismissed. However, Game Freak will have to acknowledge the existence of the Orre storyline for us to be certain of the links. Sadly, the staff seldom express their opinions on anything but game sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    Lugia and Ho-oh of the third generation happen to pertain to the same category as Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. From a storyline perspective, the Navel Rock event describes their history as of approximately three years prior to their appearance in Whirl Islands and Tin Tower, respectively. If you rule it out on account of continuity, you achieve nothing. It is Johto that is supposed to be "untouchable" in this period of time, rather than the 100 Pokémon associated with it.

Besides, Lugia and Ho-oh's appearance in Johto is influenced by Gold/Kris' having been entitled the Silver and Rainbow Wings. No one else has seen Ho-oh in contemporary Johto, though Lugia has been rumored to be seen on the night of a storm. It is likely that Navel Rock is Lugia's fixed location, where it has only been "disturbed" by Red/Leaf (and May/Brendan?). The holding of the Silver Wing by a deserving trainer triggers its return to Whirl Islands, the closest of its habitats to Brass Tower. As for Ho-oh, it is curious that it is lured to Navel Rock without any special item - is it there to protect Lugia?
    I do not doubt that they are actually on Navel Rock - It makes sense that they reside there before being disturbed in GSC. However, the idea that they are caught by Red (or Green/Leaf/Blue) doesn't seem feasible. It didn't happen in the original RBY, and there is no mention of the Birds ever being tamed in GSC.

To conclude: Whilst they are located on Navel Rock, they are assumably not caught there.

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    There is, of course, the matter of Colosseum and XD. I believe the background attached to Lugia, Ho-oh and Celebi (nothing is said of the birds or beasts) in those games should not be dismissed. However, Game Freak will have to acknowledge the existence of the Orre storyline for us to be certain of the links. Sadly, the staff seldom express their opinions on anything but game sales.
    I ignore the storyline of Colo/XD. Why? Because even GF themselves never take notice of it. If I had to make a decision though, I'd say that the events in Orre take place long after the other games, when the birds have been released.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamenerd Color View Post
    I do not doubt that they are actually on Navel Rock - It makes sense that they reside there before being disturbed in GSC.
    At the cost of coming across as nitpicky, disturbed is not the word I would use here.

However, the idea that they are caught by Red (or Green/Leaf/Blue) doesn't seem feasible. It didn't happen in the original RBY, and there is no mention of the Birds ever being tamed in GSC.
    I do not support the notion that the legendaries are supposed to be captured, generally speaking. When we see Red in Gold, Silver and Crystal, are we meant to think of him as the trainer possessing Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres and Mewtwo?

I ignore the storyline of Colo/XD. Why? Because even GF themselves never take notice of it. If I had to make a decision though, I'd say that the events in Orre take place long after the other games, when the birds have been released.
    I would hate to admit it, but looking at Diamond and Pearl, Game Freak barely take notice of their own work. Am I the only one disappointed by their move not to continue the Hoenn storyline in Sinnoh? By that I am referring to the sort of references found in Gold, Silver and Crystal to Kanto (while in Johto) and in FireRed and LeafGreen to Johto.

Indeed, Team Galactic's plot is reminiscent of that of Team Magma and Team Aqua, Sinnoh closely follows Hoenn's lines (Sinnoh as in the games is as big as Hoenn, though the full landmass which may or may not be called Sinnoh is obviously vaster) and Regigigas is the leader of Hoenn's Regirock, Regice and Registeel. However, based on the reports of players who understand Japanese, the game dialogue does not invite us to make the connection between the two regions. Apparently, Hoenn is only referenced in the context of Super Contests.

I am thankful for the ample of references to Johto, which unlike Hoenn is as of this time non-existent in the GBA and Nintendo DS' version of the Pokémon world. It is crystal-clear that Johto is to Sinnoh in the Nintendo DS as Kanto is to Hoenn in the GBA, leaving little doubt that Gold and Silver will be remade for this generation. Sadly, as Game Freak would currently have it, Sinnoh is not to Hoenn as Johto is to Kanto (I am not proposing a geographical relation - Hoenn and Sinnoh, being islands, cannot follow Kanto and Johto's relationship).

But does that mean that it is illogical to view the two regions as related? Certainly not. Using the same coin, dismissing the possibility of Orre being another region in the Pokémon world - sharing the same era and dimension as the other four - demands better justification than Game Freak's failure to acknowledge it.

Team Galatic's plot is alot cooler then Magma or Aqua.

I mean, destroying the current world and acceeding to god-like status? Hell yeah!

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaster Tyler View Post
    Team Galatic's plot is alot cooler then Magma or Aqua.
    Anything would be cooler than the Aqua/Magma plot. It could involve rainbows and jelly beans and it would be cooler.
    *this space for rent*

I liked the G/S/C gen the best out of all...I don't think they should remake it because it doesn't *need* to be remade.

Your Local Hero Charmander to the rescue's Avatar

I agree with the Magma/Aqua are wusses theory, all they want to do is either make it rain a lot(Aqua) or make it very sunny(Magma). I liked Team Rockets plot on G/S/C, mainly because they showed that they did care about something, even if it was Giovanni the evilest person in pokemon. All those "We will find him..." comments made the game so much deeper. I mean, who cares if someone stole a meteorite so they could control a volcano, especially if they guard the volcano with four people (including the leader).
    Ever go on the RPG's on Bulbagarden, things like Pokemon Kingdom or the Hidden Series. Yes? Then Join the RPG club at:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16773

For a cool, customized trainer card head to: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f237/taking-requests-trainer-cards-16890/

my website: http://charmanderman.proboards92.com

SOVA: There's always hope!!!

The Dude Abides

In my opinion, if G/S is remade for the DS, many improvements have to be made.
    Among them:
    1. Improve the Apricorn system, and update the balls that can be made.
    2. Replace the Berries with RSE Berries.
    3. Restore Viridian Forest to its full glory.
    4. Restore Mt. Moon.
    5. Replace the Trainer House with a battle facility.
    6. Expand dialogue and plot of Team Rocket.
    7. Gain the ability to ask for a battle from the trainers whose numbers are stored on your Pokegear.
    8. Battle the Johto GLs again after the E4 with stronger teams.
    9. Bring back Safari Zone, or improve bug-catching contest.
    10. Add in mini-games somewhere.
    11. Include Pal-Park, o' course.
    12. Expand the rival's role.

I agree with the Magma/Aqua are wusses theory
    The plot may have sucked, and the idea was screwy, but it could possibly kill thousands. Team Rocket were more of like the Mafia, why Magma and Aqua were crazy terrorist.

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I really find myself not caring if they do remake them or they don't.

Of course if they do, I'd buy them anyway, so it makes no difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Sceptile View Post
    In my opinion, if G/S is remade for the DS, many improvements have to be made.
    Among them:
    1. Improve the Apricorn system, and update the balls that can be made.
    This one is underatandable, although I'll surely miss the old PokéBalls.
    2. Replace the Berries with RSE Berries.
    Sure, as long as we're getting the same effects off the berries, and we can replant them.
    3. Restore Viridian Forest to its full glory.
    As long as they kept the same general map as G/S/C, and not reverted it back to the way it was in R/G/B/Y, it's fine by me.
    4. Restore Mt. Moon.
    Mt. Moon was fine in the game. I actually enjoyed an outdoor area.

If they could merge the two games' Mt. Moons together into a larger map, it would be great though.
    5. Replace the Trainer House with a battle facility.
    Or, they could use the Battle Tower from Crystal and make this the Wi-Fi Center.
    6. Expand dialogue and plot of Team Rocket.
    I'm fine with it as long as they don't change the plot significally.
    7. Gain the ability to ask for a battle from the trainers whose numbers are stored on your Pokegear.
    That won't happen.
    8. Battle the Johto GLs again after the E4 with stronger teams.
    That would be nice.
    9. Bring back Safari Zone, or improve bug-catching contest.
    They should keep the Kanto Safari closed, and give us a Johto Safari Zone.
    10. Add in mini-games somewhere.
    Wi-Fi minigames! They're unavoidable either way, though.
    11. Include Pal-Park, o' course.
    I
    d prefer if you could TRADE with the third gen games after Ecruteak. Even for third gen Pokémon.
    12. Expand the rival's role.
    They left us hanging last time. They need to fix that.

They should make third gen Pokémon available. Zigzagoons in Route 29, etc. It would make the Johto Pokémon even less noticable, but we had the original GS for that. It should require National Dex for fourth gens, though.

They should also add another Island region, and make Sevii accessible.

I'm all for GSC remakes. I enjoyed them the first time around but I can't bear to play them since the GBA games (and now Diamond and Pearl) are much more advanced.

IMO, nintendo had enough space to fit johto in FireRed, but the fact that they didnt was stupd.

I remake would be nice anyway.

Registered User shadow_salamance's Avatar

i would rather have a 5th gen but i suppose that wil be ages so to fill in the time after d/p then yh why not ..may aswell it would be pretty good...i luv goldenrod city

Yes I think that they should but I think it would be better if thety intergrated all the previous regions into one DS cart including Sevii islands and maybe creating Orange islands if possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast