Should they remake Gold/Silver?

View Poll Results: Should Gold/Silver be re-made?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

51 92.73%
  • No

4 7.27%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should they remake Gold/Silver?

Your Local Hero Charmander to the rescue's Avatar

Default Should they remake Gold/Silver?

I think if Game Frek re-made Gold and Silver they would have the highest video games sales they've ever had. What do you think?
    Ever go on the RPG's on Bulbagarden, things like Pokemon Kingdom or the Hidden Series. Yes? Then Join the RPG club at:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16773

For a cool, customized trainer card head to: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f237/taking-requests-trainer-cards-16890/

my website: http://charmanderman.proboards92.com

SOVA: There's always hope!!!

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

Definetly yes! They were great games, and I see no reason not to remake them.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I see the vote's pretty unanimous, at least at this point.

Blog Entries

I'm not sure myself. People liked the improvements seen in FR/LG, but what I am almost certain of is that people wanted to see G/S done in this fashion. It has also been noticed that the altered events of FR/LG have now made some events that happened in the second gen no longer valid, or they were also altered. Not to mention seeing Kanto with all the life sucked out of it is nothing people want to see again. If they can fix all that, then it might work. Since we are now in the fourth gen, and we have seen a 3-D rendered pokemon world, could Johto receive that treatment then? It might be possible, but yet again, they would have to vastly improve Kanto for people wanting to see it in 3-D as well. Ever since FR/LG were made, people have been demanding this. I am unsure if it is the rantings of fans of that gen, or if there is a legitimate need to see these games redone. Only time will tell if Gamefreak decides to make that kind of move.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Your Local Hero Charmander to the rescue's Avatar

Unanimous votes! Unanimous votes! Unanimous votes!!! *dances round a chair* *runs off and hugs everyone he sees* *gets jailed for a year*.
    Ever go on the RPG's on Bulbagarden, things like Pokemon Kingdom or the Hidden Series. Yes? Then Join the RPG club at:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16773

For a cool, customized trainer card head to: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=16890

my website: http://charmanderman.proboards92.com

SOVA: There's always hope!!!

Vintage Sketch's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries

I think they should be remade from completeness....they brought the first generation into the third, why not do the same thing for the second?

Blog Entries

As far as the need in such remakes is concerned, I suggest that we stop pretending to have unlimited insight into GameFreak's plans. I certainly don't remember anyone foreseeing remakes of the original games as a solution to the absence of the 184 Pokémon, even though there were signs (albeit not nearly as powerful as those in the current case).

Besides, anaylsis of Diamond and Pearl's data has been superficial at best. Meowth346 is long gone.

I am going to have to formally disagree with you all. Why? Because of the legacy Gold and Silver created while they both were at the peak of their life. They were both great, not flawless but great.
    No one asked for a reamake of R.B. but we got one anyway. We also recieved some patches to glitches, the removal of certain items, the addition of others, and a "crappy" adventure at the end that killed what beginning gamers into pokemon remember from that game.
    I know nobody really cares about the exp. all, but thats something that made the game more challengng by dispersing exp. between all equally and not just giving half to just one. The ending caused me the set the game down for a while because even though it was intruiging, it strayed from a pokemon game to this addition that added so many things it was barely a shadow of what its predecessor was.
    Think about what would happen to G.S. There is a possibility that the Mystery Gift would be altered, the building in Viridian that allowed the same benifit as mixing records in R.S., and the possible removal of certain parts of the game to add others. The game was great, not flawless, but great enough to hold my attention without noticing any desperate flaws.
    Sure one could expand its now below par grahics and beepboopbop tunes, but wasn't that what made that game what it was. The only reason what I could possibly think of a remake would be to feed the need for those who have never played them, or to those who want to play them again. Other than that, changing anything would be like damaging the basic flow of the game, kinda like changing the Statue of Liberty's face or something.

I rest my case
    Hey, does anyone want to trade and Battle and stuff with me when Diamond and Pearl come out in America? It's really taking a loooong time.....

I say they should remake Gold & Silver, mainly so they could add the third and fourth generation Pokemon in there (once the fourth generation Pokemon get North American names, of course -- it'd be kind of odd if they left the names as Japanese when releasing it here).

I'm into Crystal, but I really wish Treecko and friends were in that one, because I wanna catch 'em all.

Again, those kind of additions would kill the game. Smooshing all those new pokemon into areas where there are nor 20 different ones in the area is a giant compromise.
    The only way to clean that off would be to add another region to Gold/Silver thus increasing the size of the land...uhhh, darn I thought it was done-just like FD and LG.
    It's your opinion not mine I guess.
    Hey, does anyone want to trade and Battle and stuff with me when Diamond and Pearl come out in America? It's really taking a loooong time.....

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

I just think it'd be nice to have all the games in a format that could be played on a DS. I need my GBC to play Crystal and Silver and that's kinda a pain in the ass. GSC is the only set that you cannot play on a DS and it mkaes me sad. :(
    *this space for rent*

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't really care what anyone says, GSC had a shitkicker storyline. If anything, Crystal was the only one with a good story. That's because it actually followed it's mascot legendary. It's supposed to be that you DON'T have to go to a cheat site to find out where they are. So if they DO remake them, then they need to give them whole new storylines and scrap the lifeless kanto.

~R.I.P Cinnabar.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Well, I say GSC should be remade. But maybe Gamefreak is out of ideas naming GSC remakes.
    I can just say hi.

Yes, but not till Generation V, when we might have an actual need to have it's 251 or so Pokemon available within it so that the main Generation V games won't be as overcrowded as Shinnoh when it comes to wild Pokemon.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    It has also been noticed that the altered events of FR/LG have now made some events that happened in the second gen no longer valid, or they were also altered.
    How so?

Going to Sevii Islands: Shouldn't affect GSC storyline. Red returns to Kanto (and eventually Mt.Silver) after you stop playing.

Navel Rock, Ho-Oh/Lugia: In the game continuity, Red/blue doesn't visit Navel Rock, since the ticket to go there is obtained from an outside event, not an in-game event - it was simply to "catch 'em all".

Team Rocket still operating in the Sevii Islands: It is known that Team Rocket continued operations within the three years between the games. Also, one computer in a TR warehouse mentions TR's research into Radiowaves and evolution - If anything, this makes a remake seem more likely.

Those are the only ideas I can think of that would possibly affect the storyline, all with reasons to argue. If you have another idea, let me know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast