Should Generation 1, 2, and 3 games be released for iOS devices or Nintendo E-shop? - Page 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should Generation 1, 2, and 3 games be released for iOS devices or Nintendo E-shop?

Blog Entries

Default Should Pokemon GB,GBC,and GBA games be put on the Nintendo Eshop?

Now for all players who play the Pokemon games for GameBoy, GameBoy Color,and Gameboy Advance but who didn't play them but they want to like me. So for Pokemon fans who play the oringal games since gen 1-3and the ones who are new or the ones who been playing since 4th gen like me. I want to know if you want to see all the Pokemon games from the Gameboy,GameBoy Color,and Gameboy Advance be in the Nintendo Eshop as their oringally selves not as remakes. Post your thoughts in the thread.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Should Generation 1, 2, and 3 games be released for iOS devices or Nintendo E-sho

There would be issues with trading (requires GBC/A Link Cables or otherwise recreating the system) as well as compatibility with other gens.
    Gens 1/2 interact, but only with each other. 3/4 too, but the 3DS has no GBA slot for Pal Park. (Wii U neither, obviously)

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Default Re: Should Generation 1, 2, and 3 games be released for iOS devices or Nintendo E-sho

I think it should be. All they'd need to do is update the trading and battling to be able to use the 3DS's wireless connection instead of a link cable

I want to play the classics so badly, but the batteries are dead inside and I don't know the first thing about soddering the replacement battery. So I can't play them...

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries
    Follow Kouzan On Twitter Add Kouzan on Google+
    Follow Kouzan on Tumblr Visit Kouzan's Youtube Channel

E-Shop I can see that happening, but iOS, maybe not. Trading is an issue for iOS, but with the 3DS there can a be special transfer system or of course the good old way of trading through wireless. (Technically it's wireless trading's a newer technique, but you know, just a saying.) I'm not sure how trading would work on iOS and GameFreak would need to give Apple permission to publish them and I can't really see them doing that. But e-Shop yes and it would be neat if they are released to the 3DS's Virtual Console in the near future.

Pokemon Trainer
    Follow Frank4453 On Twitter
    Visit Frank4453's Youtube Channel

That would be an app I would like to buy. Do it Nintendo, Apple isn't that bad.

Follow Azumi on Tumblr Visit Azumi's Youtube Channel

I would love to have the older games available from the Nintendo E-shop (iOS...I don't know). My Red and Yellow Versions still work but, Silver and Crystal Versions batteries have died. I would love to be able to play them again.
    FireBlader15 likes this.
    ~Azumi

Follow Bluecat on Tumblr

I think it could work for iOS somehow if they included a built-in control pad and buttons, sort of like what Square Enix did for their iOS version of the original Final Fantasy. Wouldn't mind seeing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the 3DS E-shop, but I'm still holding out hope for full remakes (even if they'll probably never happen... but 3rd gen holds a special place in my heart).
    FireBlader15 likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
    I think it could work for iOS somehow if they included a built-in control pad and buttons, sort of like what Square Enix did for their iOS version of the original Final Fantasy. Wouldn't mind seeing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald on the 3DS E-shop, but I'm still holding out hope for full remakes (even if they'll probably never happen... but 3rd gen holds a special place in my heart).

Yeah don't feel bad they'll come out with one but it will also be nice to see their oringal versions on the 3DS Eshop

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

Most defintely, it would be nice to revisit them in their original states, and not in the form of remakes such as FR/LG and HG/SS. I feel the reason they remake the games rather than re-release them is because of the event Pokemon like Mew and Celebi, as well as linking up between two games has gone from cable links to completely wireless, not to mention so much has changed with the game mechanics as of Gen 5 that they prefer to keep up with the current generation.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I always miss the classics. Even if I think the newer games are improvements in most aspects, there's something to be said about the charm of simplicity.

I say...yes, all the way.

The Egg Mouse Pokemon. :P Togechu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

On the somehow off-chance they allowed multiplayer features via wireless, I would insta-buy. I'd still get them even if they didn't, especially Generation 3, but it'd be great to have a slightly-updated Virtual Console release to keep one of Pokemon's core concepts.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

3DS eshop? Why not. iOS? LOLNO!
    sonic10158 likes this.

So why were they still saying no at the recent Q&A?
    Platinum FC: 4342 0595 5538
    Heartgold FC:5286 8973 0818
    Black FC: 0132 9951 7664
    White 2 FC: 2495 2229 6740

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by boabiol View Post
    Hello everyone,
    The Pokemon Generation 1, 2, and 3 games should have a release on iOS devices as an app or the Nintendo 3DS E-shop. I have my hopes up that someday Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company would take putting old games onto the app store or Nintendo 3DS E-shop into consideration. There are three major reasons why I would love to see this happen:

1) A huge problem with videogames today is the issue of preservation; unlike books which can be read for thousands of years, video games are stuck to their original platform to deliver the medium. If one wants to experience the old pokemon games there is no other way to play them other than on older Gameboy systems , Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Box (Gamecube), etc., as well as have a working pokemon cartridge. The internal batteries on these cartridges die out so less and less available copies of these older pokemon games exist each year, so many are forced to play these games on emulators since they have no other choice. The Pokemon company still claims that this is illegal, but many fans do it anyways because they do not have a reasonable way to play older games on new platforms.

2) It would make Pokemon A LOT of money!! Like everyone here, I want Pokemon to succeed as much as possible; they have brought about great games that many people enjoy today and I want the company to succeed well into the future. And People WILL buy old pokemon games on the app store or even the Nintendo 3DS E-shop. The older pokemon games alone would sell millions on these newer platforms, many fans would buy it!! And let's face it, currently the old generation games are currently making neither Gamefreak nor Nintendo any money. These older games can be bought at garage sales, Gamestop, ebay, or other retro-game stores, but neither Gamefreak nor Nintendo will see a cent of that money! So why not make money off of games that are currently making none?

3) The technology has already been proven possible. Both jail-broken iOS platforms and android platforms have a variety of emulators that allows one to play Gameboy and Gameboy Advance games. So I am sure an official app would not be that hard to make. If the Pokemon company released an official quality titles for new platforms they would also give us fans a reason to buy the games in a legal and convenient way.

Overall, I would love to see Pokemon take the steps to bring the franchise anywhere where more people can appreciate the growing franchise that all of us fans love so much, especially to a place where old pokemon games can be played on modern medium and purchased legally. An even better option would be to have it on the Nintendo 3DS E-shop. So hopefully someday, even a population out there that does not own a dedicated gaming device might be able to play and appreciate pokemon the same way we have for over 15 years.

So what are all your thoughts concerning this? Should Generation 1, 2, and 3 games be released for iOS devices or Nintendo E-shop?
    You're either TheJWittz from YouTube or you saw his video about the Pokedex For iOS app, because he said all of this word for word. Either way, I agree 100%. Big time.
    Leggo likes this.
    My dream is that every single Pokémon will be part of either a two-stage evolution, a three-stage evolution or a branched evolution by the final Generation years from now. When I see a stand-alone Pokémon, I literally imagine it standing alone. No friends, no family, no one. So let's make sure all of our Pokémon friends get some big families!

Default Releasing some of the old Pokemon games on the EShop.

Do you guys think it would be possible for Nintendo to release the older Pokemon games on the Shop? (Gen I, II, and maybe III)
    Maybe all of them could be around 25 dollars each. Including Pokemon Green with it too.
    I have a Fire Safari. With Charmeleon, Braxien, and Ponyta. PM me if you need to find out your type/Pokemon.
    FC: 0275-7582-3115

Official claimer of Chespin, Zap Cannon, Defeatist, Chesto Berry, and the Mega Ring!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast