Shoal Salt/Shell regeneration glitch?

Thread: Shoal Salt/Shell regeneration glitch?

Default Shoal Salt/Shell regeneration glitch?

I'm not sure whether this is a glitch or not, but I'd like to know if the following problem will fix itself:

So, I'm at the Shoal Cave in Pokemon Ruby, and I've collected three Shell Bells so far. The tide flow is working perfectly, but this morning, I turned on my game, and no matter how much time passes, the Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells aren't regenerating for some reason.

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I did save the game right inside the cave entrance before turning it off last night. However, I did try walking outside the cave, saving, and turning the game off and on again, but that didn't help matters at all.

Anyone have any clue what's going on here?

Just so Victoria, just so Mijzelffan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Mijzelffan On Twitter
    Follow Mijzelffan on Tumblr

It sounds like the berryglitch to me. Probably people also won't give you berries anymore and you can't do the lottery right? Just trade with Colosseum, FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald to fix the problembulbapedia info

Quote Originally Posted by mijzelffan View Post
    It sounds like the berryglitch to me. Probably people also won't give you berries anymore and you can't do the lottery right? Just trade with Colosseum, FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald to fix the problembulbapedia info
    I'll go check, but I should note that the tides actually do change when they're supposed to.

Nope! Not the berry glitch. I got a berry from someone, the lotto numbers changed, and my planted berries have grown. So, it's gotta be something else.

Update:

I even tried using the Pokemon Collesium Bonus Disk to fix this glitch, and got a message saying that my berry program doesn't need to be updated.
    Last edited by McKnight; 4th January 2009 at 12:55 PM.

The sun? Thats the hottest place on earth!

Have you left the shoal cave? Before the tides change, you have to leave the place first then return every so often to see the tides change. Assuming you did fo that, go check if other events are happening as normal, like berry growing and being able to do lottery in lilycove etc... If they are, go back to the cave and try again.

I had a bad problem in the shoal cave on Sapphire once, I had a glitch or something that let me overwrite the Surf move with TM rain dance on my only pokemon with me that knew surf and I was stuck in the cave the tide was in and I could not surf out, so I had to reset the game.

Thanks Felly for banner

^That was close to me. Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Shinx3000 View Post
    Have you left the shoal cave? Before the tides change, you have to leave the place first then return every so often to see the tides change. Assuming you did fo that, go check if other events are happening as normal, like berry growing and being able to do lottery in lilycove etc... If they are, go back to the cave and try again.

I had a bad problem in the shoal cave on Sapphire once, I had a glitch or something that let me overwrite the Surf move with TM rain dance on my only pokemon with me that knew surf and I was stuck in the cave the tide was in and I could not surf out, so I had to reset the game.
    Everything else in the game is fine. The tides rise and fall, the berries grow, people still give away berries, the lottery numbers change, etc. I even hooked the game up to the Pokemon Collesium Bonus Disk, and got a message that the berry program doesn't need to be updated.

Update:

I just checked my Sapphire game pak, and the same thing is going on there too. I have six Shell Bells in that game already, and it's been more than a year since I even played it.

How could this possibly be? The berry glitch is ruled out because everything else in Ruby works fine. The Shoal Salt and Shoal Shells would've long since regenerated since I got my last Shell bell in that game. Unless this is a Sunday thing, this just defies all possible logic!

Is there anyone else who has previously experienced this glitch?
    Last edited by McKnight; 4th January 2009 at 04:28 PM.