Saving Pokemon G/S/C

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving Pokemon G/S/C

BWAHAHAHA!!! LAND!! Magma Krystal's Avatar

Default Saving Pokemon G/S/C

I'm sure most of us know that G/S/C's saving battery has a pretty short life. Is there a way to download your data somewhere so that it never gets lost once the battery dies? My data on Crystal is amazingly good, and i don't want to lose everything i worked for. Is there a way?

I also wondered if there was a way to save the data. The only way I know is to trade the pkmn to another game. At pokecommuntiy, someone talked about copying data to another cartridge or to the computer, but I don't know how.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Can't R/B/G lose save data, or are G/S/C the only bad ones?? maybe someone here knows about the computer data thing, because every time i turn on my game it gets really suspenceful that i'll lose all my precious data. Does it go away totally, or does it stay but you can't save anymore?

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

RGB has a save battery in them aswell. They just don't die as fast since there's no clock.

I use Pokemon Stadium 2 to back up stuff. I transferred all my shinies from Crystal a while ago into there. Unfortunately I couldn't save my 2 legit Nintendo tour celebi. Who'd of thought that both Silver and Gold would die at the exact same time.>_<

Apparently you can buy a cartridge you can backup saves.
    Mega memory card I think it's called.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

Where are the Shinies? ShinyHunter's Avatar

I actually recently played Pokemon Crystal, and all it said was new game, when I had a continuing game. I pressed new game and started it, and when I got pretty far i saved and shut it off. I came back to the game in a little while and it said new game again. This whole thing happened to me 3 times.

If there's that much danger of losing all of your work, I would play it on a ROM. I don't encourage illegally downloading games, but I've always heard that it's perfectly legal if you already own the game. It's true that it does restrict you a bit, leaving you unable to trade or battle with other players, for instance, but at least you'd know that your Pokémon would still be there the next day.

No, not a ROM. The games are supposed to hand held and with ROMs you cannot trade with the NGB or NDS, can you?
    I'm also worried about my save files. R/S/E cannot lose their save files because of the battery running out, is that so? What about FR/LG and D/P? And the old games, G/R/B/Y?
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

I had an AR code disc a while back for Game Boy Colour, and it allowed you to back up saves in case a cheat went wrong or if you wanted to save it just in case something happened ingame like a legendary dying or something. If you can find one, you could essentially back up all your saved game data and play it when you want. As long as you save it to your AR program as well as your GBC, you're set.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

Blog Entries

Uh oh...

My Gold is already dead, yet my Silver is alive, and Crystal too... I really hope I don't lose that shiny Hitmontop..! Even weirder is that I ave two Golds, one's dead, and yet the other is still alive. Interesting.

I think it's really funny how most cartriges I know died right before D/P's American release, lol. But yes... I really hope Crystal doesn't die soon, I loved Crystal. It'd be a shame to get rid of all of my Pokemon. ;__;

Must... keep... Johto.. alive... x__x;

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    No, not a ROM. The games are supposed to hand held and with ROMs you cannot trade with the NGB or NDS, can you?
    I realize that a ROM couldn't save the data from the Gold, Silver or Crystal cartridges, but it would at least ensure that future data wouldn't be at risk should one ever want to simply play the game. As I said, though, it does leave you with restrictions.

I actually didn't know that data could be lost this way. Come to think of it, though, I've had Super Mario RPG for a very long time, but after I haven't played it for a while, I find that all of the previously saved files are gone when I start it up. I suppose it doesn't bother me much because I always intend to start a new game by that point anyway, but now I have to ask myself if this is a problem that all cartridges have.

Blog Entries

My Crystal can't keep track of time while it is off, but it does save, so I know there's little battery power left. I haven't played it since the time messed up...

This is WHY they need to remake these games...

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    You couldn't trade it with the DS anyway.

As mentioned, you can buy memory cards, and copy your data to these.
    The absolutely safest way to preserve your pokemon, however, is to buy a Nintendo 64 Dexdrive, transfer your pokemon to Pokemon Stadium 2, backup your Stadium 2 save file on the dexdrive, then copy the save file from the dex drive to your computer (then uploading it to the net, burning it to a CD, or whatever). No more risk of batteries dying.

Blog Entries

Mega Memory card doesn't work with GSC anyway, and half the time it deletes your files when a game is inserted. Plus, you can't actually play files off it, you must transfer first, thus it deletes when you try to play.

I do not advise anyone buy this product.

..somebody says something, but then the next person says that their method wouldn't work. WHAT SHOULD I DO!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast