Ruby & Sapphire won't save.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruby & Sapphire won't save.

Finalize! Black Ace! LightShadow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Ruby & Sapphire won't save.

I was wondering if anybody could help me? I have Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, but when I save the game, turn it off and turn it back on it says the game has been deleted! They played perfectly for a few years then this started. I would appreciate any help.

------------------------------

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down―that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
    Revelation 12:7-9

British Invasion $aturn¥oshi's Avatar Social Media Coordinator
    Blog Entries
    Follow $aturn¥oshi On Twitter Add $aturn¥oshi on Facebook Add $aturn¥oshi on Google+
    Follow $aturn¥oshi on Tumblr Visit $aturn¥oshi's Youtube Channel

Perhaps the internal battery died? I hear this happened to GSC as well.

Blog Entries

That might be it. But I also have Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions that are older, but they still work perfectly. What are the other side affects of the internal battery dieing?

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down―that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

My RBY are older than GSC and they work, but Gen II's dead. It's just the luck of the draw.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowComics View Post
    That might be it. But I also have Gold, Silver, and Crystal versions that are older, but they still work perfectly. What are the other side affects of the internal battery dieing?
    Hax. It corrupted some game of blue that I found to the point where it can't even be played.

Blog Entries

It could be a hack, my Ruby is messed up pretty bad. What happens is that during the start, these gray lines appear across the screen and the GameBoy Advance emits a high-pitched squealing noise.

Blog Entries

Default Happens to my Friend.

Justa let you know this happens to my friend, so you aren't alone.

Blog Entries

Have you been using any hacks/Gameshark/AR?
    They might have screwed your game over.
    This happened to my emulated Sapphire game after imputing one too many bad AR codes and the bad eggs were all over the place.
    [avatar: pixiv]

Blog Entries

No, I've never hacked any of my games. I did get these games off eBay.

Blog Entries

So they were used? They may have been hacked by the previous owner.
    If they weren't, then the problem may be the internal battery. I've never heard of that causing the game to emit the bugged out screeches though.
    [avatar: pixiv]

I would just replace the battery and see what happens. I've done this with my silver and yellow, its really simple and cheap so you wouldn't waste a lot of money if it doesn't work. All you need is some pliers or tweezers, tape (electric tape preferably), exacto knife or some thin blade, some paper and a replacement battery (the model number you need will be listed on the old battery).

How to go about replacing the battery...

Also, if your game displays the "Internal battery has run dry" message, I think this has something to do with the berry glitch, I remember Nintendo having a patch for this at Gamestops some time ago.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is kind of weird considering Nintendo themselves say if the battery died in RS that the game save should be fine since it only controls the clock.

To put it simply I read that Nintendo only used save batteries in their first few years of GBA games and then scrapped it all together and went with other methods of save.

Though with RS I wouldn't know if there was a batch that actually ran a battery off a save. Though I always thought that all RS batteries ran clock only and the actual save ran off flash.

I'm confused now.

The fact you got it off ebay may be a problem. There's alot of fakes on ebay and those do run off save batteries.

Someone posted this around on a few forums I'm on so I suggest looking at this.
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/akadewboy/GBA%20Save%20Types/

Here's a closer look.
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/akadewboy/GBA%20Save%20Types/?action=view&current=FLASHwithclock.jpg

Compare the inside of your cart to these.

You know part of me thinks that flash saves can die over time aswell.

I'm not familiar with flash however.

So yeah compare the insides to the pictures up and see whether they're legit. Change the battery to see if that works. If all that fails then you may need to buy new copies I'm afraid.

Sorry if I'm no help.
    Last edited by The Power of Pika; 8th December 2008 at 05:14 AM.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

One question: What's the color of the cartridges?

Cause if they're not blue or red, then, you've got yourself a pirated version.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Avegaille View Post
    One question: What's the color of the cartridges?

Cause if they're not blue or red, then, you've got yourself a pirated version.
    Oh shoot, you're right. The cartridges are gray. Well, thanks. At least now I know what's wrong with them.

Blog Entries

One other thing to check to is does the label have the Nintendo Seal? I bought a Ruby that did this and it looked completely legit but didn't have the Nintendo Seal. I think I outted that seller but I don't remember.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast