Remembering Whitney's Miltank - Page 9
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Remembering Whitney's Miltank

Default Re: Remembering Whitney's Miltank

I had picked up a rock/ground Pokemon in Union Cave (like Geodude) and train it up to Goldenrod (through Ilex Forest) so Whitney's Miltank is like any other Gym Leader Pokemon (tough but nothing worth crying over).

What, you guys didn't?

Blog Entries

My brother just OHKOed Miltank in one hit with his Quilava's Fire Blast! I dunno if it was a critical hit, but it was only level 21.
    Shiny Sninx Breeding!
    Hatch Count: 67
    Trying to obtain a Shiny Shinx!

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

PLZ. KILL MEH NOW.
    I hated her Miltank in HG... ._.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Maybe I was just lucky, but I´ve beaten her on the second try. (Not because of Rollout, because of Attract in general).

Much more trouble I had with Gardenia´s Bellosom in Platinum rematches.

If I make some stupid grammar mistake, I´m terribly sorry and feel free to correct me.

Blog Entries

Gen II was a nightmare for me. No matter what I tried, it was either Rollout or Attract, and most, if not all of my team was male. But, I had little clue what I was doing back then to start with, so that probably contributed to the rage quitting and frustration. I managed to luck out the final time by burning Miltank, cutting her attack and cooking her at the same time. It was the only way I survived that one time.

Gen IV was easier, especially since she didn't spam Rollout as much, but Milk Drink and Attract still proved to be a nuisance. But this time I had a plan, and it worked well. Sent out a fast Gastly, used Curse, and just patiently wore it out. I got even luckier when I burned it twice (the first time was healed by the Lum Berry it was holding, but I burned it again one turn later), so that added insult to injury to that overgrown cow. So Gen IV was easier, especially since I actually had a plan that time around.

Cheeseburgers, anyone? Maybe some prime rib?
    Best Game Characters of all Time: Ryu 3, Nina 3, Ryu 2, Nina 2, Rei, Ratchet, Talwyn, Princess Pride, Megaman.EXE, Elecman.EXE, Bass. EXE, Tails, Geo, Sonia, Pit

Best Anime Characters of all Time: Van, Fiona, Irvine, Cynthia, Yugi, Tea, Joey, Dark Magician Girl, Kuriboh, Yuma, Astral, Number 39: Utopia, May, Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango

I apply Felix's Law: "Smile, tomorrow could be worse."

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I just hate when that Miltank uses Rollout, ugh once it's hit a couple of times it just runs over my team if I cant beat it fast enough.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

Blog Entries

Crystal nuzlocke. Oh god...
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Oh, how innocent I was. I strolled into the gym, all my pokemon 1 or 2 levels higher than the gym leader's. I thought it would be a breeze, like most gym leaders. But, alas, I was proven wrong by Roll-out.

What? I noticed after a few turns. It increases damaged every successful hit? Why that is the most absurd, terrible, annoying-

Anyway, the only reason I one the last time is because it missed, I sent out quilava, used smokescreen (ALOT), and eventually burned it. And then I realize that I had Roll-out after the battle. Wait, did Whitney give it to me?
    Roses Die, but Ribbons Last Forever

Read my fanfiction, Within Our Crumbling World, and please review!

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Attract
    Quilava immobilized by love
    Stomp
    flame wheel
    milk drink
    Quilava immobilizd by love

this continues for around 10 minutes befroe i get sweeped.

Fiery passion that burns! Season's Avatar
    Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

This was never an easy battle. Spamming Rollout and Milk Drink is a perfect strategy so the only time to get lucky is from a status ailment.

Blog Entries

Ugh, I remember when I first tried to beat her in my SoulSilver game. I failed the first time, and the time after that, and the time after that, and the time after that... I can't even count how many times I tried to win. Attract really screwed me up, and then Rollout would finish me off. If I happened to deal massive damage, it would just use Milk Drink! I swear I was stuck in Goldenrod City for weeks! Stupid overpowered cow... I enjoyed it when I made her cry when I finally beat her.

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

It's not actually that hard. There's a good reason you get a Machop, specifically one that's female, right in Goldenrod for an easy trade.

Miltank was always a problem. I lost to her in Gold/Silver and lost again in HG/SS. I could even have used some kind of potion in the last moment, but I chose not to do it. Miltank was good enough to have my respect and make me battle her again.
    HG/SS Miltank was slightly different from G/S Miltank, though. In G/S, Miltank largely abused of Rollout to knock you down. In HG/SS, she tries to annoy you with Stomps until your pokémon die or the PP of Stomp deplete, when she will start to abuse of Rollout. I may be wrong, but it was my impression.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That Miltank is so frustrating. Almost all my team members are male so her Attract made them immobilized. In my second SS playthrough I defeated it by using my Quilavas Smokescreen on it and that made it miss almost all the time and then I could kill it.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

This is such an easy battle. There is a Dig TM found nearby for a reason... so USE IT. Poisonpowder + any female pokemon with Dig will guarantee you the victory.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast