Remembering Whitney's Miltank - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering Whitney's Miltank

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Remembering Whitney's Miltank

Whitney and her Miltank always pop into my mind when I think about my hardest gym battles. It's actually not as bad(but still a pain) in G/S/C because there are loop holes to get around like getting a female rock, steel, or ghost type. It's the one in the remakes I curse straight to hell with that hacked Stomp, holding a Lum Berry that completely ruined the hell I went through from all that flinching to finally poison it with my Weepinbell, and found out later from my little cousin that it has an ability that lets it hit ghost types. I was lucky I had a female Onix so it was slightly easier, but the thought what would happen if I didn't *shudders* Still, I can't complain too much because Whitney does warn you before you battle her.

Oh, and the fact that Miltank is almost as fast as a Starmie or Gengar has always confused the hell out of me.

Post Thanks / Like

The only time Whitney was a problem to me was during the first time I played Gold and used Cyndaquil (I usually use Chikorita now). Back then I would only level up my starter, and he would always lose to Rollout.

But now a days I don't find her hard at all, she's not even my choice for hardest Johto Gym Leader. But to each their own

Post Thanks / Like

Ugh, that's all I'm gonna say.

Post Thanks / Like

Back in silver didn't have much of a problem with it, but then I think I was using a Dunsparce or something like that. I know my Cyndaquil didn't come anywhere near it though. Those things are hilarious ;*)

Rollout is a great attack. I love how they teased Donphan and rollout at the beginning of the Mewtwo movie during the opening credits.

Registered Nosy Airliner Comrade Zhenya's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I didn't really have a problem with it, but when I did, it was hell.
    "Center, I have that little fuc... FOKKER in sight!" | Awesome Tumblr #1, Awesome Tumblr #2 FOLLOW for the best dashboard!

Post Thanks / Like

Follow KrystalDragon13 on Tumblr Visit KrystalDragon13's Youtube Channel

In the original I had no trouble at all. Had a Bayleaf.

The remakes? On the second try I beat her. I can understand where everyone comes from, and I also had a Bayleaf. :3

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't understand how this was ever difficult. The game basically gives you a female Machop beforehand. Not only that, it could never inflict more than scratch damage on Geodude. And Gastly using Curse is a viable option. Finally, if none of that works, X Items are available at the department store. Just spam them during Clefairy who is basically cannon fodder.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Super Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember battling Whitney's Miltank back in Silver. She was pretty tough on my Quilava, but it didn't help that I only trained my starter back then and all of the other Pokemon I had weren't that well train. I'm pretty sure that I didn't have a Machop back then and I don't know if I knew that Normal types were weak against Fighting types either. I think it took me two or three attempts, along with a bit of leveling-up my Quilava, to finally beat her. She wasn't as tough with my Croconaw, but I think it still took me another attempt to defeat her. In HG/SS, she wasn't nearly as much trouble, but in both versions, I traded over a Riolu egg to myself and both of them learned Force Palm well before getting to the third Gym, so that, along with being more experienced at battling, really made the experience much different than it was in the second generation.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

In my first run through SoulSilver, I used Quilava and Noctowl against Miltank in the battle. Noctowl weakened Miltank a bit before getting wiped out by Rollout. My Quilava (who was female :D) ended up burning the cow with a Flame Wheel which really crippled the strength of that next Rollout. Another Flame Wheel took it out.

My second run through SoulSilver against her was very quick. I had traded round a Porygon-Z with Adaptability and a Silk Scarf and OHKO'ed Miltank with Hyper Beam despite it being about 1-2 levels higher...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

man i remember that evil thing. killed me three times in a row in both C and HG. that thing was so freaken tough i thought i was battling Super Cow (minus the spanish). that thing made me so worked up in a rage i didnt play my Crystal for about 2 weeks. worst gym ever...

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow Rinkujikato On Twitter
    Follow Rinkujikato on Tumblr

The first time I battled Whitney in Silver, I was in deep trouble. I had a Bayleef and a Pidgeotto. It took me exactly 37 times to beat Whitney, and that includes leveling up both of my Pokemon strong enough to beat the Miltank. It wouldn't stop using Rollout.

Second time, when playing Soulsilver, I had a L24 Bayleef and was able to beat Miltank with one attack. Never had it use Rollout.
    be a champion.

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes, the Miltank of doom.

I even brought an all female team with me thinking I'd score an easy win as I'd negate her Attract. She still fucking crippled me with her Stomp/Rollout/Milk Drink combo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah, Miltank. The bane of my entire existance.

First time my Quilava ever fainted. It just kept spamming Rollout...... I did win the first time, but it was the toughest challenge I had ever faced in HeartGold other than Red himself. And maybe Lance. Yeah, and Lance.
    FCs- HG: 4426 5257 0152 Pt: 0131 7157 4821 W: 3095 6620 2000 W2: 1851 0568 6600

Post Thanks / Like

didnt think she was too hard really

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well see, what happened was, in Gen II, I fought Whitney, and I lost to her Miltank. Then I went and trained a bit. Then I fought Whitney again, and I lost to her Miltank. Then I went a trained a whole-helluva-lot. Then I fought Whitney again. And I almost beat her Miltank! then Rollout does a critical and I lose again. Then I pull my hair out. Then I go get my crap together, my hair grows back, and I move on with my life. Then a few years later, I pick the game up again, and I'm all like, "Hey, I remember when this was hard, it should be a piece of cake now!" Then Whitney beats me with her Miltank.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast