Questions for an Expert or 2 or 3

Thread: Questions for an Expert or 2 or 3

Cool Questions for an Expert or 2 or 3

Hey, I'm Mason. Recently got back into pokemon and now I'm addicted. I have a bunch of questions so any answers are appreciated.
    1.) I've read little bits here and there about being able to duplicate items and such on pokemon emerald and being able to catch mew. Is this legit?
    2.) Is there any way to catch mew on leafgreen?
    3.) How would I go about moving pokemon from leafgreen to the most recent pokemon game? (I don't even know what the most recent is or what system/platform it's played on)
    4.) How do people battle and trade online?
    5.) Is there anyway to backup my pokemon save file? I turned on my yellow and red 11 years from when I last played them and they won't save anymore and I read that the batteries are out. Does this happen to leafgreen?

I know! Lots of questions. Here is some info that might help with answers; I currently have the following equipment:
    1.) Gameboy Advance SP
    2.) Gameboy Advance
    3.) Gameboy Advance link cable
    4.) Pokemon Leafgreen

Any legitimate answers appreciated! Thanks!

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Questions for an Expert or 2 or 3

3) You can transfer from R/S/FR/LG/E to Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver (Pokemon DS), and, from those games, you can transfer pokemon to Black and White (Pokemon DS). You need two DS to do the latter, I think. Transferring from RSFRLGE to DPPtHGSS requires the GBA slot and the DS slot of a DS or DS Lite.

4) People use Shoddy to battle, or meet on WiFi to battle or trade.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

Ok! So I need two DS's, a {Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver}, then a Black or White. Do I need a special cable or anything for the DS's? Do Advances connect to DS's? Which of the {Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver} <--- Would you recommend? Also, which of the Black and White would you recommend?

e/
    Is it risky to duplicate pokemon on emerald? I want to copy one of my pokemon just in case something goes wrong with all this, as well as get a couple extra master balls to make things a bit easier.

Ok awesome. I don't even know what a Rayquaza is but cool. I just don't want to screw up or lose my one and only special pokemon! Thanks for the info everybody!

There is already a thread for this, sorta. [Link]

While I'm here:

- Yes, there is an actual trick to duplicating Pokémon and items in Emerald. However, this is a very risky business if you are new to the idea (it involves manipulating the game) and not recommended.
    - There is no legitimate way to obtain Mew outside of an event from Generation III onwards.
    - You can move Pokémon from LeafGreen to the fourth generation using just your DS, through means explained in the game. You may then move them from a fourth generation game to Black or White, through other means explained in the games. I would not recommend getting a second DS for this, but rather to borrow somebody else's just to transfer.
    - If you need help actually setting up the wireless connection to your DS, you would be best off consulting a guide elsewhere. Gamefaqs has some nice ones. It is not possible to play online with the Gameboy Advance systems.
    - There is no way to back up save files for game cartridges at all right now, so no.
    - DS systems contain hardware that allows for wireless communication - no cables needed. There is also a Gameboy Advance slot in the DS and DS Lite systems that allowed direct communication between GBA games and DS games without other equipment, though this feature was removed from later models.

- Of those that you've mentioned, Diamond, Pearl and Platinum are all original games in the series, though Platinum is an updated version of the other two, and thus is generally superior. Heart Gold and Soul Silver are updated re-releases of Gold and Silver with new features. Black and White are the newest original entries in the series. All of them are worth your time, but I recommend that you use Bulbapedia (linked in the top toolbar) to research the differences between the games and decide for yourself - it is entirely a decision of personal preference.

@Chromas

Ok! So just to clarify minimal required equipment to transfer pokemon from leafgreen to generation 5;
    DS with the GBA slot
    Another Borrowed DS
    Generation 4 Game (I'm thinking emerald so I can duplicate a couple items)
    -Don't mess with trying to duplicate my valuable pokemon
    Generation 5 Game that I itend to play on for the rest of pokemon time!

Anything I'm missing?

Blog Entries

Follow hurristat on Tumblr

Mason_LMS: yep, there you go.

*points to SQSA for further inquiries*

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Mason LMS View Post
    @Chromas

Ok! So just to clarify minimal required equipment to transfer pokemon from leafgreen to generation 5;
    DS with the GBA slot
    Another Borrowed DS
    Generation 4 Game (I'm thinking emerald so I can duplicate a couple items)
    -Don't mess with trying to duplicate my valuable pokemon
    Generation 5 Game that I itend to play on for the rest of pokemon time!

Anything I'm missing?
    Emerald is a Gen 3 game, not 4. Not sure if that was a typo :)
    And if you dare to venture into the Battle Frontier Glitch in pokemon Emerald, this video is of great assistance so that you don't accidentally delete any of your prized pokemon, and it's generally a good idea to practice on common pokemon like tailow or poochyena so you'll have the routine down.

EDIT: oops, sorry Hurristat, i was looking up that video before you posted :X
    Last edited by yourlilemogirl; 7th June 2012 at 08:21 AM.

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Once you understand how Emerald cloning happens, it's easy to avoid losing anything once you understand it. Basically, when you talk to the person and the pause happens, the party and nothing else is saved. So long as you haven't taken anything out of your party between your last save and talking to the person, nothing can be lost.