A Question About Online Worldwide Battling In D/P

Thread: A Question About Online Worldwide Battling In D/P

Blog Entries

Default A Question About Online Worldwide Battling In D/P

This may have been asked before, but I don't remember......

Anyway, this might seem like a noob-ish question, but I'm confused about this.

Is it going to just use the Friend Code thing like AC:WW and MKDS did?

Or is it going to use something else?

Because if it does use the Friend Code thing, I don't really see how I could battle someone from a place like Japan (or somewhere else) unless I knew their code as well, if you know what I mean (in order for the FC thing to work, BOTH of you have to add each other to your lists).

I don't know, it's just that the Friend Code thing kinda seems like it's limiting the "worldwide" thing that they wanted with D/P.

That kinda leads me to think they will have some other form of having battles online, besides the Friend Code thing.

The Battle Tower is meant to be a global, non-friend code, online battle system.

So, yes - you can battle anyone and not need a friend code.

Also, Mario Kart DS also has a number of modes for non-friend code online play.

Blog Entries

Oh, really?

Wow! That's awesome! ^^

I didn't know that. XD

In that case, I'm gonna have soooooo much fun battling tons of people online.

And yeah, I wouldn't know that thing about Mario Kart since I don't have that game, nor have I played it before (I just have AC:WW, lol).

Anyway though, that makes me wonder how they'll get past things like people battling people who speak another language (and would therefore have another language based game). I mean, I wonder how would the name of the Pokemon and the text boxes of your foreign opponent show up on your screen......

And it will be very funny with fhe voice chat thing, cause you won't be able to understand what they're saying, lol. XD

Their is some misconceptions about the Battle Tower...

Okay, you upload a team to WiFi, and other can download the team to battle them controlled by the CPU.

Of course, random battling may be in the game, we just don't know yet.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I have a feelling that we arn't going to get much or any real communication with international players unless we have their friend code. I think nintendo will use the same method for making a catch phrase as ruby and sapphire (maybe they'll let you say more this time though). I think that that method might be used with all battling, and mic usage may only be before (and during) battles. Though, I think fans will make services to distribute FCs to let everyone communicate.

Blog Entries

Someone will eventually hack it, we all know that. The dev forums are probably buzzing as we speak.
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Perhaps they could take a page out of Phantasy Star Online's book and have a selection of pre-existing text messages that, when sent, appear on the other side in the recipent's language.
    Vagabond Aeon

THE INTERNET MAKES YOU STUPID

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They can just use the same method for creating a phrase in R/S/E to simplify translating the individual words. The grammar won't be perfect but something tells me that will be a feature seen in certain English-speaking groups as well.

Well, when you're only allowed four words, I think grammar will hardly be a factor...

Isn't it supposed to utilize the microphone? Why have anything beyond the basic battle text (attack/Pokemon names) in Wi-Fi battling? I mean, I've no clue how the other Wi-Fi w/microphone games work, so am I misinterpreting things?