A question about the new versions

Thread: A question about the new versions

Default A question about the new versions

Hey everyone!

I have a pretty simple question but forgive me for not knowing because I havent played any of the Game Boy games in a long time. I am familiar with the red/blue/yellow/gold/silver versions of the game but havent played any after that. My younger brother and sister have just started to get into pokemon and they are looking to buy the game boy game because i have lost all of my versions. Im aware that the Ruby/Sapphire games have a bunch of new pokemon which i am not familar with at all, and the Fire Red and Leaf Green versions are just the Red/Blue about 10 times better. My question is that since Gold/Silver where my favorite versions because their was about 250 different kinds and it had all of the originals plus more, and since Fire red/ Leaf green and ruby and sapphire are compatable is their any way to get the 100 pokemon that where added in the gold/silver versions into the newer games? It doesnt feel the same to just forget about the 100 pokemon that where added in those versions and pretend like they just wernt their plus a lot of them are really cool IMO.

Colloseum.
    XD.

Blog Entries

They scattered the Johto pokes throughout Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. Lugia and Ho-oh are only available in those game via the Mystic Ticket, which can only be attained from a Nintendo Event, or otherwise, they can be attained through Colosseum and XD. Celebi is only available through a Nintendo Event, which I don't know if there will be any more involving Celebi.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Thier is a Ranger Event to get Celebi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726 View Post
    They scattered the Johto pokes throughout Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald. Lugia and Ho-oh are only available in those game via the Mystic Ticket, which can only be attained from a Nintendo Event, or otherwise, they can be attained through Colosseum and XD. Celebi is only available through a Nintendo Event, which I don't know if there will be any more involving Celebi.
    So in other words all of the johto that were added in gold/silver are in Fire Red Leaf Green and Emerald with the exception of the three you mentioned? My original perception from reading about the new red an green where that they were exact remakes of the red/blue only that their graphics where a lot better.

Merciless Goddess Misty's Avatar Retired Staff
    Trophies

Not quite. There is a new area called the Sevii Islands, accessible late into the game (part is accessible after beating Blaine; the other part is after the E4). This area has some storyline and quite a bit of Johto Pokemon (also Moltres, he was moved from Victory Road).

After you beat the E4, you can go to Islands with many Johto Pokemon in it.

Emerald has some in the Safari Zone after you beat the E4.

Their are some you can only get in XD and Colloseum though.

ohhh ok i see. I have one other quick question. I know that you can obtain the original pokemon for Ruby/Sapphire threw fire red /leaf green but does this work in reverse. In other words can you play with Ruby/Sapphire pokemon in fire red/ leaf green if you trade with someone?

Yes, but you have too get the National Dex (by defeating the E4, and other stuff) to trade.

Blog Entries

Yes, but the process to activate FR/LG's ability to trade to Ru/Sa/E is complicated. It sends you on a mission in the Sevii Islands to find a Ruby and a Sapphire, which when you bring them to the Communication Center in One Island, it allows trade back and forth between FR/LG and Ru/Sa/E

EDIT: What Dolphin Man said, too.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Alright im guessing thats towards the end of the game. Thank you everyone for all of your help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin Man View Post
    Thier is a Ranger Event to get Celebi.
    That doesn't get you Celebi on R/S/E/FR/LG.

Ah, my mistake.

Their was an event at the Jungle Tour that got you Celebi.