Question About Focus Energy

Thread: Question About Focus Energy

Grooming my Army of Nidokings and Nidoqueens in St.Louis.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Question About Focus Energy

I was playing my old red game and as I was fighting Giovanni with my Raticate then my Raticate leveled to level 41. Raticate learns Super Fang at this level but Im not sure which move to delete for it. My Raticate currently knows four moves.

Ice Beam
    Focus Energy
    Quick Attack
    Hyper Fang

I read on this site http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/attacks/f/focus_energy.htm
    that Focus Energy actully decreases the chance for criticals on red blue and yellow but Im intending to use this team on Pokemon Stadium 2 as well. So does Focus Energy work correctly in Pokemon Stadium 2 and Crystal? If it does do you think I should still delete it or one of the other three moves instead?

Post Thanks / Like

Focus Energy does work correctly after gen I, so keeping it isn't a bad idea.

Raticate's special is not so good, so you could remove Ice Beam, though you'd lose some coverage. Hyper Fang is not very good. Even if you don't replace it with Super Fang (which if you do makes focus energy lose some of its good), you should teach it Body Slam by TM if possible. It's just plain better.

Either Quick Attack or Ice Beam are probably your best options, as Raticate's special is bad and its speed is pretty good already.
    If 50 Cent had been STAB'd instead of shot, he would be 75 Cent.

Grooming my Army of Nidokings and Nidoqueens in St.Louis.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus Is Lord View Post
    Focus Energy does work correctly after gen I, so keeping it isn't a bad idea.

Raticate's special is not so good, so you could remove Ice Beam, though you'd lose some coverage. Hyper Fang is not very good. Even if you don't replace it with Super Fang (which if you do makes focus energy lose some of its good), you should teach it Body Slam by TM if possible. It's just plain better.

Either Quick Attack or Ice Beam are probably your best options, as Raticate's special is bad and its speed is pretty good already.
    Well I taught it Ice Beam for two reasons one just because of the Novelty of having a Raticate that knows Ice Beam and when it levels to level 41 Ill still be in the middle of a battle with Giovanni where Ice Beam works very well. I was thinking of getting rid of quick attack for the reason you said and thats what my friend suggested I should do to. So with your advice ontop of that Im going to get rid of Quick attack for Super Fang. Thanks for your help.