Problems Trading between Ruby/Emerald/Leafgreen.

Thread: Problems Trading between Ruby/Emerald/Leafgreen.

Question Problems Trading between Ruby/Emerald/Leafgreen.

Hey, nice to be here. First post. I was hoping I would find somebody to help me here...

I've been playing Leafgreen, and my friend has both Firered, Ruby, and Emerald. We've got two wireless adapters, and have successfully battled and traded between Firered and Leafgreen. I recently finished the Link Machine Quest, and was eager to trade with her emerald and Ruby versions.

We were going to trade with the wireless adapters, and she said "Mine still says its waiting." I looked over, and hers said "Waiting, press B to cancel" as though we were trying to trade by link cable. Her pokemon connection club looked entirely different from mine, so I said we should try Emerald. Her emerald game had a connection club that looked like mine, so we thought it would work, but anytime we tried to trade, it either said "You can't trade with trainers that are too far away" (If Leafgreen was the leader, despite the fact that the gameboys were inches away) or "The other trainer is busy" or somesuch thing (if Emerald was the leader). Strangely enough, we can battle between those versions just fine, Just not trade.

We tried the link cable between all three versions, and it didn't work.

So, what would you recommend? Do we try buying another link cable? Another wireless adapter? Does Ruby even _have_ wireless capabilities?

Thanks a ton.

Well, for starters, Ruby and Sapphire do not have the ability to use the adapters.

Secondly, the other problem might be that you don't have the National Dex...just a guess.

Oh wow, Generation V. Gandavien's Avatar
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Actually, you can use the wireless adapter to trade with Ruby and Sapphire, so it must be because you don't have the national dex!

It's myyyy spoon! Stormchaser Raijin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gandavien View Post
    Actually, you can use the wireless adapter to trade with Ruby and Sapphire
    No you can't. I tried it myself. Only Emerald works.

Oh wow, Generation V. Gandavien's Avatar
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I'm sure I've done it before. Oh, no... It was Emerald....

I'm pretty sure I've got the national Dex... after all, you need the national dex to get the rainbow pass, which you need to fix the link machine, right? I've got Pokemon from Gold/Silver, so I thought I had it...

Is there another pokedex you need to get in order to trade with Ruby/Sapphire? And if Ruby/Sapphire can use wireless adapters, where would you find the Wireless direct club? My friend reports all she can find is the cable club.

The Wireless Adapter is not compatible with Ruby or Sapphire; there is no way to supercede this fact.

The problem you were experiencing with Emerald is simply the result of your friend not having obtained National Dex yet. Trading between FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald requires that the National Dex be available in both of the relevant games. The message "You can't trade with trainers that are too far away" refers to communicating between two separate in-game regions; it means that the Emerald player first needs to complete the Elite Four challenge.

What they said. XD
    I <3 Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    The problem you were experiencing with Emerald is simply the result of your friend not having obtained National Dex yet. Trading between FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald requires that the National Dex be available in both of the relevant games. The message "You can't trade with trainers that are too far away" refers to communicating between two separate in-game regions; it means that the Emerald player first needs to complete the Elite Four challenge.
    You, sir, have made my day. Thank you.