Pre/Evolutions in D/P? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pre/Evolutions in D/P?

This logic was broken when I realized that some of the pokes that many would accept as not needing a pre-evo were actually quite large. Ekans is over 6 feet by itself. Also, some pokes that were small enough to hatch from an egg were already given pre-evos. (Like Marill) This then becomes a debate on how small is small enough. I realized it makes no difference, although I can't really see a pattern to what Gamefreak does give a pre-evo, other than it's something that they can make into a cute little baby poke. I wouldn't have given a pre-evo to Mantine, but they did.
    The size thing doesn't make sense, since I assume that the height and weight stuff in the PokeDex is for fully grown adults. I mean, a catalogue of animals with humans listed in them would list the average size for humans as 5 or 6 feet - but that doesn't mean they spring out of the womb fully grown. Similarly, I don't think that say . . . a Dratini would hatch from an egg already 13 feet long, but would rather start out small and slowly grow over time.

Oh, and there's no way Dorapion is an evolution of Gligar, since they have no moves, abilities, or types in common with eachother. The only thing related between them is that they're purple, and both loosely based on scorpions - albiet different ways. Evolutions always at least have 1 type in common - Azuril's freakishness excepted. Ground/Flying to Dark/Poison makes no sense.
    Last edited by Zeta; 16th July 2006 at 05:57 PM.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

I want a damn Pre-Evo of Miltank and Tauros. >:O
    Get Bent Dr. Phil. Your show is shit.

The Bob & Tom Show rules!

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta
    The size thing doesn't make sense, since I assume that the height and weight stuff in the PokeDex is for fully grown adults. I mean, a catalogue of animals with humans listed in them would list the average size for humans as 5 or 6 feet - but that doesn't mean they spring out of the womb fully grown. Similarly, I don't think that say . . . a Dratini would hatch from an egg already 13 feet long, but would rather start out small and slowly grow over time.

Oh, and there's no way Dorapion is an evolution of Gligar, since they have no moves, abilities, or types in common with eachother. The only thing related between them is that they're purple, and both loosely based on scorpions - albiet different ways. Evolutions always at least have 1 type in common - Azuril's freakishness excepted. Ground/Flying to Dark/Poison makes no sense.
    First part, yeah proof is in the Lugia/Whirl Island eppisode in Pokemon. Also, They both are Poison. I believe Gligar and Dorapion are both part poison, that said I think there is a Flygon/Yanma issue between them, meaning, similar but unrelated.

The Dude Abides

Let's see, we've already got four prevos. We might get one or two more, but I really think that's quite enough.
    As for evos, two have been confirmed. And one more is rumored. So we should only expect at most four more.
    My picks are self-evident.
    Aipom
    Murkrow
    Sableye
    Mawile

Nah, Gligar is Ground/Flying. Lookitup.

As for evos, two have been confirmed. And one more is rumored. So we should only expect at most four more.
    My picks are self-evident.
    Aipom
    Murkrow
    Sableye
    Mawile
    I think Sableye is purposefully weak, to counter its near lack of weaknesses. I agree with the others, though. If it did evolve, one of its types would problably change. Maybe into Ghost/Rock.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

I think they should make a Tauros pre-evo that looks like Miltank and a Miltank evo that looks more like Tauros, so they match better. Then they could make one more pre-evo that comes before Miltank and the first Tauros pre-evo that is a litle baby calf that evolves into Miltank or Tauros pre-evo depending on gender....

I would like to see pre-evolution of Lapras^^ Baby Lapras would be cute! If Snorlax has pre-evolution, then Lapras should get baby too.
    My signature is boring

I think we may get a evo of Keckleon, as is kind of the Snorlax, Sudowoodo, of R/S/E. Or maybe a pre-evo, but Keckleon needs a evo more. I was thinking a bigger, quadroped rainbow chameleon.

And, as for evos, Likitung desperately needs one, and so does Magmar.
    For Likitung, I drew a picture of my idea for an evo..it is Normal/Poison, is dark pink, has a yellow and green bullseye on its tummy, arms, and legs, has two claws on each hand and foot, three poisonous purple and green spikes down its back, and it has two purple and green striped tails. :D Its tounge is purple and longer than Likitung's, and it has poisonous drool. ^^

I still say Korobooshi looks like Likcitung, I hope we get a better pic soon-_-

Do you have a pic of Lickitung evo? Sounds cool.

Yup, just finished drawing it:

It was a quick doodle, but it is pretty good. I drew it with the mouse, I don't have a tablet. :(
    Above picture drawn by meee, no stealing!

That's pretty good for a MSpaint with a mouse, nice!

Have a name?

Thanks! ^^ I was trying to come up with a name...I got "Saliven" (SALIva+VENom) but it isn't very good..anyone else have a name for it?

I like the ideas posted here...I have some ideas too,
    I think nosepass wants to evolve, To NOSETRAIL (NOSE+PASSage(From NASAL PASSAGE))--(NOSE + TRAIL(A trail is biger than a pass, and NOSETRAIL sound like Nostril), I think it would look like an easter island head.

And as for the Farfetch'd evo, following on from bell02's idea in the "which pokemon do you want to see...." thread, I have decided it would be named Kendaku or Kendukku something like that (KENdo+DAKU(Jap for duck)

Please feel free to ignore or comment on my random strange ideas...I may post more later...

Mr K.

I think a evo for Farfetch should have some other vegetable as a shield, like maybe a big piece of cababge, or it could be a cape.

Luvdisc should have a evo where it becomes alot longer, maybe cupid-like.
    Possibly and Angel Fish.

Pinsir should have a Bug/Dark evo, with saw blades coming from it's shoulders.

Aipom's evo should develop two hand-tails and become fighting/normal.

Sabeleye's evo should looks more like a demon, and have more gems on it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast