Pre/Evolutions in D/P?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre/Evolutions in D/P?

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pre/Evolutions in D/P?

The old pokemon are getting stagnant. We all know that the 4th generation will have evolutions and pre-evolutions of existing pokemon. Question is what would they be?
    What pre/evolutions would you like to see in D/P?

Here are my hopes/speculations:

Pre-Evolution: Stantler
    Reason: It's WAY to big to be a one-pokemon line.

Evolution: Pinsir
    Reason: Scyther got an evo in G/S/C, pinser should get one too.

Pre-Evolution:Vulpix
    Reasong: There just aren't enough fire pokemon!

Some other pokedex-filling aspects i'd like to see:

2 different pokemon evolving into 1 (ala Slobro and Slowking)

Multiple pokemon attacking in the wild (i.e 2 v 2 wild pkmn)

4 pkmn evo chains- I just wanna see a longer chain than 3.

PLEASE!!! NO MORE EEVEE-LUTIONS!

Pokemon changing appearance as they age. (ala Vulpix's splitting tails)

So what Pre/evolutions do you wanna see?
    And what ideas about the games do you want?

hmmm....i say they just add more fire pokemon, say a pre evoution to ponyta (hope that's spelt write) and maybe an evolution after rapidash just a thought

Blog Entries

I am going to have to disagree on fusions and pokes that evolve 3 times. A lot of the ones that evolve twice are powerful enough, and those that aren't, I don't see a way that they can further evolve. Not to mention that a lot of people hate pre-evos. I don't mind them myself, but I only need them for the pokedex. Some of them have even added a more interesting movepool to certain pokes that didn't have them before. This is not Digimon, where we can put armor on something and call it an evolution. (Though this could be debatable for Steelix and Scizor, at least they don't look like they are wearing armor) Although there are a lot of pokes that are described as fusing to evolve in the pokedex, I don't think we will ever actually see it happen. Only the Slowpoke evos have ever been depicted that way, in the anime at least. We all know what the feelings of converting the games to follow the anime are.

I don't think we'll be seeing any more pre-evos and evos other than the ones that are already present, although I am suspicious as to why only one old poke has recieved an evo. Then again, when I went through the process of trying to figure out what needs a pre-evo or an evo, I also got either only one or very few pokes that need an evo. Most of them need pre-evos because there are a lot of pokes that are too big to hatch from an egg. This logic was broken when I realized that some of the pokes that many would accept as not needing a pre-evo were actually quite large. Ekans is over 6 feet by itself. Also, some pokes that were small enough to hatch from an egg were already given pre-evos. (Like Marill) This then becomes a debate on how small is small enough. I realized it makes no difference, although I can't really see a pattern to what Gamefreak does give a pre-evo, other than it's something that they can make into a cute little baby poke. I wouldn't have given a pre-evo to Mantine, but they did.

I want there to be as much room for totally new pokes as there can be. A lot of people may argue with me that over 1000 pokes were already crafted by Ken Sugimori when Green and Red were being developed, and that each generation, they just pick a certain set of pokes to release. I say that if they had planned all evo chains beforehand, they would've given us the complete chains to begin with and not segmented them across the generations. Some may say that they did it for the big bucks that they were sure to get, but I will inform you that they did not know if Red and Green would even succeed, but they did. After that, it would've been fair to suggest whatever they made was according to a plan for profit, but I still don't think they intentionally left out certain evo links so that they could spread supposedly already existing pokes through several generations. It is true that sometimes they will recycle an idea left on the cutting room floor of the last gen. Ho-oh is the best known example of this. I will continue to think that every new generation of Pokemon games, they start off fresh and design new pokes. Sorry for the rant, but it had to be said.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile726
    I am going to have to disagree on fusions
    If Gamefreak ever get senile enough to even think about putting Fusions into the games, that's the day I quit Pokemon.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

A fusion would cause so much trouble game wise... I know your point with slowpoke makes sense... but maybe if they wanted to make it accurate, they could do battle evolutions. for slow poke you have to KO a shelder with a waterstone equipted, after the battle it evolves..

That may work...

But I thought it was said that 90% would have some kind of evolution, implying this is a theme. If they mean all monsters then this is at least what I'd want to see:

Pre-Evos:
    Aipom
    Volbeat (illumise)
    Miltank (tauros)
    Kangaskhan
    Kecleon
    Muuma
    (Tamanta)
    (Mime Jr)
    (Bonsly)
    (Munchlax)

Evo:
    Absol
    Farfetch'd
    Pincer
    Heracross
    Aipom (again)
    Stableye
    Roselia
    Shuckle
    Murkrow
    (Weavile)

That'd be 10 of each, but I really would prefer more new monsters.. (plus, if stableye is considered then Mauwile should be also... and Dunspearce, Yanma, Plusle, Minun, and Nosepass should have pre/evos but I think it may be too much then..

Truth be told, I want to see Farfetch'd, and Aipom the most

Hmm....people are gonna kill me for saying this, but maybe we have like "side evolution" in this, like certain Pokemon that share simmilar characteristics can evolve into a different line...

like say perhaps Spoink into Swinub, or Magikarp into Milotic?

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake
    Hmm....people are gonna kill me for saying this, but maybe we have like "side evolution" in this, like certain Pokemon that share simmilar characteristics can evolve into a different line...

like say perhaps Spoink into Swinub, or Magikarp into Milotic?
    Hmmm sounds close to digimon to me. But I can see where you are going with this.
    It sorta makes sense when taking breeding two pokemon from two different species
    into account. Though I think it would be best to keep evolution lines the way they
    are without getting them crossed too much.

-In Simple Harmony-

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks for your input guys, but what do you think of wild multi-battles?

Blog Entries

Interesting, but I don't think it will happen. Just random wild pokes one at a time.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Hi Rayne's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I actually like the idea of wild dual battles. It does add a level realism to the game.
    Think of how many times Ash has been attacked by groups of pokemon on the show.
    (IE: swarm of beedril)

The only annoyances I can see in this are early on when your pokemon are weaker
    and later in the game when you are overleveled. I mean if double battles were to
    happen, say, one in every 100 then I wouldn't mind.

-In Simple Harmony-

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire_Dragonite
    Thanks for your input guys, but what do you think of wild multi-battles?
    I liked the idea, I just didn't have much to say on it. I know we talked about it a bit back when R/S was coming out, and people were saying it'd be complicated on trying to exit a battle, but I think its not too much an issue.

Actually I think the idea can get really intresting if they gang attack you. You could have a flock of pokemon continually interupt the battle like in Emerald (but with wild monsters) but can only be scared away (which can be done by a powerful attack that kos a pokemon in 1 hit, or being at a really high level) otherwise the keep replacing each other for a long time (like 20-30).

It could be a seasonal regional thing with monster migration. You could find a hatching ground where they'd get aggressive and cause this. However, generally it'll be rare.

also...

Pikachu slide evolution to... Plusle!!
    No, it is digimon! Digimon Frontier I think that would be weird though, because what if someone wanted to make a pokemon with the stats of the other, but still evolve into that perticular one. I think new species can have this, as with the ones that currently feature it, but I don't think that all pokemon (or even a majority) should be able to do it. I would say that maybe breeding could change to be more random on the monster you get... but I know a lot of people will hate that! lol

I came up with my own pre-evo for Vulpix...it is called Vulpi and it has one white tail. ^^
    On topic- I think Sableye could use a pre-evo, along with Vulpix(as mentioned above), Stantler, and maybe Aipom (if they don't give it an evo).

7up

7up

BLAST YOU, ASH KETCHUM! Clancy the Comma Lord's Avatar

More fire evos. Less water. That's all I have to say. Fire is awesome, and one of the few types that's any good against Steel, we need more of 'em. Water is just getting a bit WTF?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast