Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread - Page 132
Page 132 of 182 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2719

Thread: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

  1. #1966
    Pokemon Trainer JAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    The 'indirect compatibility' argument is the one that holds the most water in this entire thread. Yes, I know that the DSi has removed the GBA slot, and that many people have sold away their DS Lites as well as the original RSE/FRLG, but as far as Nintendo/Game Freak is concerned; you should have transferred your RSE Pokemon four years ago. If you started with DPPt and never played RSE then there are other ways to get Hoenn Pokemon. Outside of my in-game teams and legendary Pokemon, I just caught Hoenn Pokemon via PokeRadar and swarms anyway.

    RBY and GSC had absolutely no connection with the modern games. Without being remade, these games would have been completely cut off from the rest of the series. This is not the case now. If RSE were compatible with RBY, would you have asked for RBY to be remade? Would there have been reason to?

    Do we really have to constantly remake games each time there is a new handheld? I don't want to see the franchise go that way.

    And RSE are my absolute favourite entries in the series. I would absolutely LOVE to play them again updated for a new system. But what then? DPPt remakes? BW remakes? When would they stop? How about NOW, when the Kanto/Johto storyline has been complete? When the only games that are completely incompatible have already been remade? Either they stop now, or stop later for some arbitary reason, angering the fans of whatever generation was supposed to be remade next.

    That's my view on the matter.
    JAK

  2. #1967
    PKMN Trainer Cybapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    ON, Canada
    Posts
    129
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    If you started with DPPt and never played RSE then there are other ways to get Hoenn Pokemon. Outside of my in-game teams and legendary Pokemon, I just caught Hoenn Pokemon via PokeRadar and swarms anyway.
    Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas cannot be obtained without RSE or events; they're needed to fill the National Dex.
    → 2624 0583 5456 → 4814 4916 7157

  3. #1968

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ph34r3d View Post
    Regirock, Regice, Registeel, and Regigigas cannot be obtained without RSE or events; they're needed to fill the National Dex.
    It's too late to change that for Generation IV, and they could be made obtainable in Generation V in any number of ways. They would have probably been normally obtainable in Platinum if it hadn't been for the movie event; it almost seems that the legendary birds were a last-minute addition to make up for the change in plans.

    The Regis being harder to obtain than the Weather trio almost makes remakes seem inappropriate, as the Regis were so obscure compared to the version mascots in the original games. Suffice to say that Ho-Oh and Lugia being unobtainable in Generation III was a much better indicator of remakes being planned for the future.

  4. #1969
    Simpler times ahead Mitchman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8,802
    Blog Entries
    166

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Unown Lord View Post
    That used to be a rather popular theory before Emerald's release; some fans even suspected that either Juan or Scott would have something to do with the plot. But why would that happen in remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, where the two teams wouldn't even be equal?
    Mostly cause if remakes do happen, emerald would need a more direct involvement with the story then crystal to HGSS, due to Rayquaza being connected to the other 2. Its also why I think the covers will have hints of green in them, to reference the 3rd title.

  5. #1970
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    The 'indirect compatibility' argument is the one that holds the most water in this entire thread. Yes, I know that the DSi has removed the GBA slot, and that many people have sold away their DS Lites as well as the original RSE/FRLG, but as far as Nintendo/Game Freak is concerned; you should have transferred your RSE Pokemon four years ago. If you started with DPPt and never played RSE then there are other ways to get Hoenn Pokemon. Outside of my in-game teams and legendary Pokemon, I just caught Hoenn Pokemon via PokeRadar and swarms anyway.

    RBY and GSC had absolutely no connection with the modern games. Without being remade, these games would have been completely cut off from the rest of the series. This is not the case now. If RSE were compatible with RBY, would you have asked for RBY to be remade? Would there have been reason to?

    Do we really have to constantly remake games each time there is a new handheld? I don't want to see the franchise go that way.

    And RSE are my absolute favourite entries in the series. I would absolutely LOVE to play them again updated for a new system. But what then? DPPt remakes? BW remakes? When would they stop? How about NOW, when the Kanto/Johto storyline has been complete? When the only games that are completely incompatible have already been remade? Either they stop now, or stop later for some arbitary reason, angering the fans of whatever generation was supposed to be remade next.

    That's my view on the matter.

    Your argumenmt m,igth be true for older fans but I doubt that any of the target audiance (Which is Ten and under) have a R/S game. And they most likley have a DSi so yeah it is completly incompatible to the younger fans that make up the bulk of the fanbase they haver never played Hoenn which is also the only region not to be seen in full 3D

    It isn'rt for u sit's for the younger fans and mopney (Hell It's obvious they're going to be remade look at how HG/SS sold they were both on the top ten best sellers seperated and by far #1 combined remakes arew huge cashcows)

  6. #1971

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Agian, backwards compatibility means nothing. Just you can transfer pokemon over, doesn't mean youre, well, PLAYING THE GAME! Besides, They could fix alot of stuff that gens 1 and 2 weaboos have nitpicked about.
    *raises flame sheild*
    BESIDES. MONEY WOULD BE MADE.
    Black FC: 0519 3947 1196

  7. #1972

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Your argumenmt m,igth be true for older fans but I doubt that any of the target audiance (Which is Ten and under) have a R/S game. And they most likley have a DSi so yeah it is completly incompatible to the younger fans that make up the bulk of the fanbase they haver never played Hoenn which is also the only region not to be seen in full 3D

    It isn'rt for u sit's for the younger fans and mopney (Hell It's obvious they're going to be remade look at how HG/SS sold they were both on the top ten best sellers seperated and by far #1 combined remakes arew huge cashcows)
    Do not say "it's obvious they will be remade" because all things considered, it really isn't. And cookie for JAK for saying what I've been telling people here from the start, though the argument seems to soar over heads. The fact is that the circumstances for RSE are NOT the same as the previous games that NEEDED remakes.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  8. #1973
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Do not say "it's obvious they will be remade" because all things considered, it really isn't. And cookie for JAK for saying what I've been telling people here from the start, though the argument seems to soar over heads. The fact is that the circumstances for RSE are NOT the same as the previous games that NEEDED remakes.
    I'm being practicle and whya re you posting here nobody gives a crap about your opinions I surly don't And your argument sucks dude how many people have trashed it?

  9. #1974

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    I'm being practicle and whya re you posting here nobody gives a crap about your opinions I surly don't And your argument sucks dude how many people have trashed it?

    Well, just stating my opinion. I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  10. #1975
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Well, just stating my opinion. I would continue this battle of wits with you but you're obviously unarmed.
    Which all of us heard and got tired of defeating? anyway I would rather not argue maybe you should keep away from this thread otherwise I agree with you on several things

  11. #1976

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Articwolf10 View Post
    Which all of us heard and got tired of defeating? anyway I would rather not argue maybe you should keep away from this thread otherwise I agree with you on several things
    Um, no? I don't do internet drama. I'll visit and post in any thread I please, thank you very much. Whether you agree with me or not isn't my concern. I just want everyone to know that the chances of RSE remakes are not 100%, not 90%, but 50/50 or possibly less. In other words, I have a thing for smashing rainbows and breaking rose-tinted glasses.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  12. #1977
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    Um, no? I don't do internet drama. I'll visit and post in any thread I please, thank you very much. Whether you agree with me or not isn't my concern. I just want everyone to know that the chances of RSE remakes are not 100%, not 90%, but 50/50 or possibly less. In other words, I have a thing for smashing rainbows and breaking rose-tinted glasses.
    IT's way higher then 50/5 and if you don't do interent drama why do you post here when you know your going to cause drama?

    heres the facts

    Gen III isn't directly compatible with Gen V

    None of the target audiance have never played Gen III die to the fact they were either to young or not born yet when it came out

    The DSi and 3DS do not have a GBA slot and I say most of the younger audiance have a DSi so they can never play the old R/S games

    It's almost impossible to find the games now you forget the people in the fanbase now who never played the games just like Kanto and Johto did Hoenn ramkes will make a lot of money which is the main reason that games are remade to make money do you deny this?

  13. #1978

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    So, you're saying that because of all that it's 80-100% certain that RSE remakes will happen? God, I hope this thread never closes ^_^.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

  14. #1979
    Registered User Articwolf10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Bramwell, West Virginia
    Posts
    2,207
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NeoKING View Post
    So, you're saying that because of all that it's 80-100% certain that RSE remakes will happen? God, I hope this thread never closes ^_^.
    Why the not most of the reasona re ture for the other remakes?

    The reason I want Hoenn remake because it's left out of th loop (Kanto Johto Sinnoh and Isshu are all on the DS and not Hoenn plus it seems obvious that if or when R/S are remade it will be on the 3DS completly and I mean completly cu toff from Gne III since do you really thing new fans will bother having the DSphat/lite?

  15. #1980

    Default Re: Possible Ruby and Sapphire Gen V: Official Discussion and Speculation thread

    Again, reasons for previous remakes =/= reasons for RSE. The circumstances are completely different.

    Also, the irony in your logic is that either way, RSE remakes will be on the 3Ds, but then every OTHER Pokemon game will be "left out," by then which - according to your logic - GF will make remakes for all of them from the beginning because they will be "left out of the loop." Oh, and doing that will also make them money. See the irony?

    I know, I know, you're next line will be along the lines of "Im eant in terms of g raphics," right? RSE remakes would utilize the 3DS's projection technology. But then guess what? Fans would want all the other non-3DS games to utilize that technology as well because they'll be "left out," and then what do you know - again going by your logic - there will be remakes for all the previous games. And again, this WILL make them money.

    Point is, remakes may as well stop now.
    Last edited by NeoKING; 24th August 2010 at 01:23 PM.
    "95% of the people who are able to read kana think that this automatically makes them know the entire Japanese language, as opposed to actually knowing little more than a first-year student of the language. If you are one of the 5% of that population who believes that being able to read kana is not impressive at all, copy and paste this into your sig."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •