Possible new pknm competition Gen. 5?

Thread: Possible new pknm competition Gen. 5?

Blog Entries

Default Possible new pknm competition Gen. 5?

Now that contests are getting old, many people are wanting GameFreak to think of something new to do with pokemon. Personally I'm not against the idea of something fresh, since I'm not a big fan of contests (especially 'super' contests...). But anyway, what do you think they will make to be the new 'thing' for Ash and co. to focus on (if they do make one)? Anyone care to guess?

Maybe it will be something to do with racing, but it won't just be racing. Say, they have stadiums in many different towns, all of which specialize in some sort of pokemon skill (strength, speed, intellect and something else...). Somehow the trainers have to raise their pokemon to be prefect in the said skill, and then get them through that said competition. If you come in first in the comp, you get some medal or something of the sort, and if you get a certain amount of medals, you can enter something like the pokemon Olympics.

Okay, now that I read it over, it really makes zero sense. Anyhows, what do you think might happen?

EDIT: Something tells me this better go into the General Discussion board...>> I better stop posting a night.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

I'd like something like the Orange Island gyms again. They didn't focus on just normal battling, it was different each time. And the few races they had in the anime were great.

But as awesome as those would be I find them unlikely. :/

I can see racing, but with some sort of battle or appeal at the end or beginning. It would be nice to be able to have a Pokemon be Champion, Master Rank, and a third thing:)

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think they should get rid of contests at all. On the contrary, they should focus more time in developing game play for contests, now that everything for competitive battling seems to fit in just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dani View Post
    I'd like something like the Orange Island gyms again. They didn't focus on just normal battling, it was different each time. And the few races they had in the anime were great.
    Again? When did they have it the first time?

I do agree that things like that should also be included, and not just as minigames aswell. Although, they shouldn't get rid of traditional gym battles, they should just co-exist.

I think this franchise would have a better chance of survivability if they branched out more to different aspects of Pokemon.

I've wanted racing for the past six years.

don't think they should get rid of contests at all. On the contrary, they should focus more time in developing game play for contests, now that everything for competitive battling seems to fit in just fine.
    Agreed.
    Up the airy mountains / Down the rushy Glen /
    We dare not go a-hunting / For fear of Fairy-type Pokémon

I think the DP Contests added a bit more "oomph" to the formula, so hopefully next gen improves it. And make it more rewarding.

I also think Arena's with special mini-games, akin to Stadium 2 that let you use certain species, would be nice too.

Pokémon...racing?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XD375 View Post
    Pokémon...racing?
    Who wants to spend an extra $40 for a spin off game if they can include it in the main series.

Blog Entries

I'm hopig that contests should be better... but I wouldn't mind a "Tent" thing like they did in Emerald.

Blog Entries

The tent thing was a waste of time seeing as it was a miniture Battle Frontier. Atleast if they kept the ranks separate, you could do contests as you went along in the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    Again? When did they have it the first time?
    I think the thread started was asking for thoughts on the games and anime. So the 'again' was for the anime part. :P