Pokewalkers. Fun or frustrating?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokewalkers. Fun or frustrating?

Random Ninja

Default Pokewalkers. Fun or frustrating?

Anyone else here have one? I've gotten one recently because a boxed Soul Silver was on sale at a place I frequent, and I thought it'd be a nice extra nerd incentive to go to the gym, I wear it when I go on the treadmill.

But recently I've begun to feel like...well...I'm getting the short end of the stick with this thing. I recently got to the Beach walk zone, and I'm almost at 3000 steps, 250 watts. 100 watts later? I've only encountered Slowpoke.

I noticed the same thing on a previous level with Rapidash and another level with Onix, even when I'm far beyond their projected walk zones.

Are these pokemon just ridiculously common even when you have super high step counts? Will I never get my Psyduck from a walk?
    Last edited by Dameon; 15th August 2012 at 02:17 PM.

Default Re: Pokewalkers. Fun or frustrating?

I would say its frustrating! Back when the pokewalker was relatively knew, it took me 3 months to get the Surfing Pikachu and 6 months to get the Flying Pikachu from Yellow forest!!!

Random Ninja

Well right now my total is 16,343 steps on the beach, STILL only finding Slowpoke.

I'd like it a lot more if it was like the old Pocket Pikachu that you could shake to get points. Whenever I shake the Pokéwalker it doesn't seem to pick up the steps. Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong because my friend seemed to be able to shake his.

Also, I never got the Yellow Forest so the whole thing's pretty useless to me... (that was a limited time only thing, right?)

I would say its frustrating!

Honestly, I just gave up using the Pokewalker after a few weeks. It seemed rather interested at first, but then I just forgot about it after a while. My Kingler's still in there and its been almost 2 years.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I use it still and have unlocked a bunch of places. All I really do is walk though. You'd think with a lot of steps they'd go up more than one level. That's the only thing that really annoys me about it

Blog Entries

It isn't THAT fun, but, it's useful for level up and collect rare candies. In the last year, I collected, at least, 650 rare candies and level up 12 pokemon. I'm just used to it (I already hit the maximum steps number at the Sinnoh route ^^").
    Man, when you stop to think of it DP did have some crap in it. Its just that when people think about DP, they only remember Paul, Pokehunter J/Galactic and all the Gyms and Contests episodes....basically the good parts.
    And... there are actually a lot of BW episodes that have pissed me off. By this point it'd be easier to just list the ones that I can stand to watch. The more the series progresses, the more the writing of these episodes piss me off.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

I only ever use it to level up Pokémon while walking. Unfortunately, I haven't had much of an opportunity to walk lately, so that part's frustrating.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Blog Entries

I never used a pokewalker because it doesn't seam that interesting

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well considering mine is currently lost in the dark recesses of my house, frustrating. Cool since it encourages more out-of-play stuff and exercise.

Blog Entries

I don't know where mine's is at? It wasn't fun though...

I have one but I've only used it once or twice. It just wasn't interesting or worth the trouble for me, to be honest.
    Last edited by GatoRage; 23rd September 2012 at 03:12 PM.

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

I think it's fun. I have two, so I put one in each pocket, and forget about them until the end of the day. Then I can get a bunch of items by linking with myself and using the Dowsing Machine. I kinda feel like that my Pokemon are with me too.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Welcome to the New Age... yourlilemogirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow yourlilemogirl On Twitter
    Visit yourlilemogirl's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Xenidal View Post
    I'd like it a lot more if it was like the old Pocket Pikachu that you could shake to get points. Whenever I shake the Pokéwalker it doesn't seem to pick up the steps. Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong because my friend seemed to be able to shake his.

Also, I never got the Yellow Forest so the whole thing's pretty useless to me... (that was a limited time only thing, right?)
    You have to swing it, not shake it (when you shake it, it knows and stops counting "steps"). I had mine on a long cell phone string and would unconsciously swing/rock it gently back and forth most days when i didn't have anywhere to go walking for the day.

I found it kinda fun at first cuz i loved taking a cute slowpoke i named Einstein on walks with me. Eventually though i got frustrated with it when i'd waste all my watts looking for pokemon only to either find lame common pokes, or when i did find a rare pokemon, it'd fail to be caught :c

I don't use my pokewalker anymore since i dont really have any reason to play my HG once i beat it and got White (i have trouble getting back into games once a new one comes out). Now that the battery is also nearly dead, i can't be arsed to buy a replacement for it. (especially when i found out there was 0 incentive for me wasting my time getting a flying/surfing pikachu when i couldn't port them forward). I was also upset that a lot of the routes weren't released either internationally or even at all :/ wanted to catch torchics

Click to see my Trade Want/Offering Thread(:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast