Pokemon for the Wii?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon for the Wii?

Pocket Full of Sunshine Charmander009's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pokemon for the Wii?

Do you think they'll make more Pokemon games for the Wii? Maybe something like Pokemon Snap with all the new Pokemon? Battle Revolution was fun, but will there be more interactive games in the future for this console?

There are 4 games in total right now, right? I bet people would like it if they had Red for Virtual Console. XD

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy223 View Post
    There are 4 games in total right now, right? I bet people would like it if they had Red for Virtual Console. XD
    You mean, like, the GameBoy Red version? Without the Missingno. glitch? I'd get that!

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

IMO I think they will have at least one Pokemon RPG for the Wii sooner or later. Maybe even another game that follows the Shadow Pokemon idea?

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    IMO I think they will have at least one Pokemon RPG for the Wii sooner or later. Maybe even another game that follows the Shadow Pokemon idea?
    I'd love that too, but from what I've seen most people aren't too optimistic about it. Who knows though?

I'd personaly love to have a shadow Spiritomb.

Quote Originally Posted by NoodleChefKyle View Post
    You mean, like, the GameBoy Red version? Without the Missingno. glitch? I'd get that!
    Without Missingno.? No way! If I'm going to play Gen I, I want every ridiculous glitch intact so I can experience them again!

Also, Pokemon snap for the Wii would be a good idea. That game needs a remake with later Gen Pokemon, and the Wii is the perfect console for it. If they don't do that, their game should base accuracy of moves and Pokeballs on the Wiimote.

Quote Originally Posted by GSC Junkie View Post
    I'd love that too, but from what I've seen most people aren't too optimistic about it. Who knows though?
    I think it's probably safe to say the reason we haven't heard anything from Genius Sonority since PBR wrapped up is because they've been working on such a game - more than likely using PBR's battle system as an established ground and hopefully meaning they can take the time to focus on the rest of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Shadow Pokemon again too, but I'd personally hope not as it was already a pretty tired concept by XD.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Fuck. No thanks. Well, if it WILL be by Genius Senority, we'll get crap, as always. And continuing the Shadow Pokemon "idea"? What's the big idea? Colosseum and XD were not even funny. Far worse than expected.

I hope we'll get something more classic in 3D for Wii at least. I want to experience some classic RPG Pokemon on 3D, and maybe I will reconcider my opinion about the fact that Pokemon turning into 3D would suck... Heck, yes, it would. I don't say that a game or two every so and then would be bad, but turning the whole main game into 3D crap like Colosseum and XD... Not thanks.

I would love to see a Pokemon Action/RPG. Would love it even more if it contained a decent plot, and CGIs. Mechanics similar to Kingdom Hearts would rock; and since I love it when spin-off games are connected to the main games, just like Pokemon Ranger, (which is the only one so far to take place on the same universe, in fact), it would be great if the game contained elements to make that possible.

Anyway; let it be HAL, and we get GREAT Pokemon 3D Games once again. Just HAL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    and since I love it when spin-off games are connected to the main games, just like Pokemon Ranger, (which is the only one so far to take place on the same universe, in fact), it would be great if the game contained elements to make that possible.
    I hope that the reason you excluded Colosseum and XD from that count is that they are not spin-off games; their connectivity with the GBA games puts Ranger's limited one-way connectivity with Diamond and Pearl to shame.

Likewise, the statement regarding the games' sharing the same universe is disputable: Neither Fiore nor Almia bears great resemblance to a real-world location, whereas Game Freak's regions do. More importantly, the Ranger games make extensive use of legendaries which are strongly hinted to be landlocked to either Hoenn (Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza) or Sinnoh (Heatran and Regigigas); Raikou, Entei and Suicune could also be summoned at a temple, which is not consistent with their methods of travel in other games.

In contrast, the Orre-based games pose no problem to continuity. It is actually interesting to consider that between the period Lugia was spotted on Navel Rock, and the period in which it returned to Johto's Whirl Islands, it was taken under the possession of Cipher and transformed into a Shadow Pokémon. Likewise for Raikou, Entei and Suicune (with the exception of being in Orre prior to their appearance in Kanto), as well as Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres (they were involved in XD after their role in Kanto, and their fate since then has never been referenced in any game). Finally, Ho-oh and Celebi are both deemed as guardians in Orre; their presence is not taken for granted.
    Last edited by Silktree; 15th May 2008 at 09:33 AM.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

I'm hoping that Pokemon Stadium will someday be released for the Virtual Console. And I'm hoping for another Colosseum/XD sequel.
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

Pokémon Stadium for VC would be kind of useless, what with the lack of Transfer Pak. Sure, you could use rentals, but what fun's that?

It's pretty much certain that we'll see at least one more Pokémon game for the Wii - we got Colosseum, Box, and XD for the Gamecube, and since the Wii's so much more successful there'll definitely be a third game after PBR and Ranch. Hopefully it'll be a full RPG like Colosseum and XD, since after Revolution another battle game wouldn't really give us much new.

I'm in the group that hopes the Wii, while a RPG for it would be nice, some spinoff games that try new ideas (or hell, Ranger and Snap both look like they could work with the Wii) would probably be more interesting.

Fuck. No thanks. Well, if it WILL be by Genius Senority, we'll get crap, as always. And continuing the Shadow Pokemon "idea"? What's the big idea? Colosseum and XD were not even funny. Far worse than expected.

I hope we'll get something more classic in 3D for Wii at least. I want to experience some classic RPG Pokemon on 3D, and maybe I will reconcider my opinion about the fact that Pokemon turning into 3D would suck... Heck, yes, it would. I don't say that a game or two every so and then would be bad, but turning the whole main game into 3D crap like Colosseum and XD... Not thanks.

I would love to see a Pokemon Action/RPG. Would love it even more if it contained a decent plot, and CGIs. Mechanics similar to Kingdom Hearts would rock; and since I love it when spin-off games are connected to the main games, just like Pokemon Ranger, (which is the only one so far to take place on the same universe, in fact), it would be great if the game contained elements to make that possible.

Anyway; let it be HAL, and we get GREAT Pokemon 3D Games once again. Just HAL!
    Calm down there! Merely said that maybe the next game would be a Shadow Poke game - Genius Senority seems to be the company handling the such, there's a decent chance that they continue the 'idea' (since when was introducing Pokemon that were probably tortured or something to make them evil, and having to steal Pokemon from other trainers not an idea?).

Personally, I actually kinda liked it - decent idea for me, story was different and more developed (heck, NOT being a innocent kid in Colo was a breathe of fresh air), and generally it wasn't too bad. Yes - some things could have been better - but what if they actually fixed those and used some more elements from the GBA games (routes anyone?). That would be better, no, and can easily have a Shadow Pokemon plot thrown in as well.

Either way - if it IS a Shadow Poke game, I would like to see some imporvements, and also - Miror B. For he's just too awesome not to have. :) I'm pretty sure that an RPG of sorts would be made on the Wii though, that and a few spin-offs as well, no doubt.

Banner By Sammi of Sppf
    A funnier version of the Pokemon Colosseum game, that also explains the 'unexplained'.
    Ever wondered WHY Wes blew up Team Snagem's base?
    Or what's with Miror B's hair?

Reposted - Prologue Up

Credit to Saffire Persian for the banner. Tragedy one-shot story.

Mechanics similar to Kingdom Hearts would rock
    PRESS A WHILE YOUNG TEENAGE BOYS SWOON OVER EACH OTHER!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast