Hi there. I am trying to complete a "challenge run" of sorts in Pokemon red version, and I need your help. I don't know if something like this was done before (it probably has), but here it goes: I want to beat Pokemon Red version while becoming as close to Trainer Red in Pokemon Gold version (generation II, generally) as possible... plus some extra conditions. (I know I won't be able to get Espeon). The main conditions are as follows:
1) Have the same Pokemon team as Trainer Red from Gold version (generation II, generally).
2) Have each Pokemon be at the same level as Red's Pokemon from Gold version (generation II, generally).
3) Make sure all Pokemon have the exact same move set as Red's Pokemon in Gold version (generation II, generally), if possible.
4) Never lose a battle. (Abusing hard saves)
5) Never let your Pokemon faint. (Buy a lot of health items and abuse hard saves.)
6) Only use Pokeballs to catch Pokemon, with the exception of Pokemon only catch-able in Safari Zone.
7) Always catch a Pokemon first try with a Pokeball/Safari Ball. (If you fail, you reset the game from your last save... abusing hard saves.)
8) Catch all generation I Pokemon via catching/trading.
9) Once a Pokemon is available to be caught, and that Pokemon is on Red's Team, that Pokemon must always be in your party. (Unless you are removing them to catch more Pokemon.)
10) Because you can not get Espeon in generation I, the 6th place for your Pokemon team must be empty. (Unless it is filled by catching Pokemon) If the ladder is the case, the 6th slot must be emptied before battling a trainer, gym leader, Green, or the Elite Four.
11) You can only use Pokemon in Red's Team to fight trainers, gym leaders, Green, and the Elite Four. If you are trying to catch Pokemon, you can use any Pokemon.
12) The player's name is Red.
13) The rival's name is Green.
14) Defeat all trainers in Pokemon Red version.
15) You must have one of every Pokemon in your PC for condition 8 to be satisfied. This means that if you catch a Charmander and it evolves into a Charmeleon, you need to trade to get another Charmander.
16) Trade Pokemon are to be caught last, with the exception of trading to get another starter Pokemon after it evolves.
17) If you trade a Pokemon, and that Pokemon is the only one of its kind which you have (that is to say, trading your only Magickarp, or other such Pokemon),you have to catch it again for condition 15 to be satisfied. Therefore, it is recommended that you catch placeholder Pokemon (such as Magickarp) to trade with instead of using Pokemon from your collection.
18) Pokemon are to be caught in the area earliest for them. (That is to say, you must catch a Caterpie in Viridian Forest only, despite the low encounter rate and the fact that it can be caught later in the game).
19) Evolved forms of Pokemon which are wild must be caught instead of getting them through evolution. (That is to say, that you must catch a Metapod from Viridian forest instead of evolving a Caterpie).
20) Do not use any stat-boost items, such as Carbos, Proteins, etc.
21) Do not use rare candies to level up Pokemon
22) Do not use escape ropes to get out of places.
23) If any of the 23 conditions are broken, the player fails the challenge.
The main problems I have right now are the following:
) What is the move set for each of Red's Pokemon in Gold version? I know his Pokemon Team, but there isn't anything on the wiki (that I have seen at least), telling you the moves for each of his Pokemon.
) Over-leveling. This might not be too much of an issue.
) Holes in the conditions. I don't think this is the case, but I just thought of these, so they are not organized. Therefore, there might be a condition which prevents others from happening or cases other problems.
Thank you in advance.