Pokemon R/B what destroyed your childhood?

View Poll Results: what destroyed your childhood?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • losing that one battle

1 4.00%
  • that poor dead marowak

2 8.00%
  • the mewtwo I killed

3 12.00%
  • Lavender town

8 32.00%
  • other

11 44.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon R/B what destroyed your childhood?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pokemon R/B what destroyed your childhood?

we all know that pokemon has made and breaked our childhood. what broke yours?
    I CHOOSE YOU! MISSINGNO.!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Pokemon R/B what destroyed your childhood?

Quote Originally Posted by GodOfPythons View Post
    Er, nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    Er, nothing.
    wow...well you sir are one tough person to withstand the unholy Lavender town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Delsin Rowe on Facebook
    Visit Delsin Rowe's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal View Post
    Er, nothing.
    wow...well you sir are one tough person to withstand the unholy Lavender town.
    Well, things like that don't bother me. In fact, I enjoy the Lavender town score.

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I am actually quite happy that we were not able to capture Marowak, she have enough already and she sould R.I.P.

But I always feel pity for her, and her little Cubone upstairs.
    (I always wanted to kill some Team Rocket for this, having a Beedrill tearing their neck or maybe some Slash from Scyther that slice them into pieces or maybe a Nidoking freezing them with Ice Beam before crushing them along with the Ice with Thrash)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mareepy View Post
    Man, I am actually quite happy that we were not able to capture Marowak, she have enough already and she sould R.I.P.

(I always wanted to kill some Team Rocket for this, having a Beedrill tearing their neck or maybe some Slash from Scyther that slice them into pieces or maybe a Nidoking freezing them with Ice Beam before crushing them along with the Ice with Thrash)
    nidoking can learn ice beam?

Post Thanks / Like

Kindly click the name and see it on bulbapedia, yes, IT CAN. It can learn it since Gen 1, which make it no news to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Kindly click the name and see it on bulbapedia, yes, IT CAN. It can learn it since Gen 1, which make it no news to me.
    sorry. its just that a poison and ground type learning an ice type move didn't seem possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Lavender Town is my favorite tune in all the games and has a lot of nostalgic significance to me for reasons I don't feel like going into... with that said, after fourteen or so years later, the song still unnerves me to no end, and it always has, even before the whole creepypasta and myths started surfacing.

Then, of course, losing a battle was definitely not fun. If you ever wonder why it says "<PLAYERNAME> blacked out!" then, well, I'm fairly certain it's because they're referring to you, the player, blacking out from the sheer utter shock that someone beat your precious Charizard. When I first lost a battle, it was almost mortifying.

That ghost, though. That cute little ghost in the Pokémon Tower, used to give me nightmares. It just looked so sadistic and evil to my small, impressionable brain. The thought used to creep into my mind... "What if I encountered that ghost again later in the game?" I don't know why, but it was scary, and that Pokémon Tower music didn't help at all.

And of course, anytime you defeat a legendary that you intended to catch, you are guaranteed to go bald, but I think the biggest disappointment would probably have to be the fact that you couldn't legitimately catch Mew in the games, thereby crushing the dreams of all who saw the first movie... or the opening of the Anime. Of course, all the things I listed are probably just a result of me investing way too much time into this game than would be deemed healthy by most psychologists. Thankfully, I'm older, wiser, and more aware of the world around me than I was when I was a kid and now I can truly say I am completely over my crazy Pokémon fears, and the best news of all is that someone who devoted much more of their life into the game than I discovered the Mew Glitch, so now I have the Mew I always wanted.

By the way, the white hand on my shoulder... it's not real.

I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Otika View Post
    Lavender Town is my favorite tune in all the games and has a lot of nostalgic significance to me for reasons I don't feel like going into... with that said, after fourteen or so years later, the song still unnerves me to no end, and it always has, even before the whole creepypasta and myths started surfacing.

Then, of course, losing a battle was definitely not fun. If you ever wonder why it says "<PLAYERNAME> blacked out!" then, well, I'm fairly certain it's because they're referring to you, the player, blacking out from the sheer utter shock that someone beat your precious Charizard. When I first lost a battle, it was almost mortifying.

That ghost, though. That cute little ghost in the Pokémon Tower, used to give me nightmares. It just looked so sadistic and evil to my small, impressionable brain. The thought used to creep into my mind... "What if I encountered that ghost again later in the game?" I don't know why, but it was scary, and that Pokémon Tower music didn't help at all.

And of course, anytime you defeat a legendary that you intended to catch, you are guaranteed to go bald, but I think the biggest disappointment would probably have to be the fact that you couldn't legitimately catch Mew in the games, thereby crushing the dreams of all who saw the first movie... or the opening of the Anime. Of course, all the things I listed are probably just a result of me investing way too much time into this game than would be deemed healthy by most psychologists. Thankfully, I'm older, wiser, and more aware of the world around me than I was when I was a kid and now I can truly say I am completely over my crazy Pokémon fears, and the best news of all is that someone who devoted much more of their life into the game than I discovered the Mew Glitch, so now I have the Mew I always wanted.

By the way, the white hand on my shoulder... it's not real.

I hope.
    reference to something? Or is white just the color you could think of? what about a black hand or a red hand?

Post Thanks / Like

reference to something? Or is white just the color you could think of? what about a black hand or a red hand?
    It's a reference to something an NPC in Lavender Town says. When you talk to her, she says "Do you believe in ghosts?" If you reply no, she returns "Oh, that white hand on your shoulder. It's not real." There's also a relatively popular creepypasta based on that exchange.

Post Thanks / Like

I would have to say none of the above. Lavender Town was a fantastic Psychic training area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darthnatus View Post
    I would have to say none of the above. Lavender Town was a fantastic Psychic training area.
    nope. Lavender town is a horrible place to be. the pokemon tower is...but without the silph scope...good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Never played RBY. Owell.

Primordial ChaosKnight Five-Gate Omega's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i used to Jam to the Lavender Town Tune for hours non-stop. It never bothered me in fact it was tha jam to listen to in Pokemon RBY. Heck i even used to rap freestyle to it when i was younger. (dunno how that woulda worked but i wouldnt stop trying).

Anyways when i was little playing blue, i had this fear that every pokemon trainer was out to kill me and i would try to avoid them. So when i reached pokemon tower, I was scared to go up because i thought the trainers there were to dangerous and who kill me with their ghost pokemon. Silly and naive was I back then, heheh.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast