Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Trailer

Default Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Trailer

I don't know if this goes here, or if it's been posted yet, but:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIb5jQIfOo
    I want this game so badly now. ^^

Blog Entries

Visit Pokemon Coordinator's Youtube Channel

I remember seeing that commercial a few weeks ago. Wonder if an anime of it will come out like the first one..eh, I bet there is gonna be.
    Will update this bloody signature

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki View Post
    I remember seeing that commercial a few weeks ago. Wonder if an anime of it will come out like the first one..eh, I bet there is gonna be.
    Yeah...there is. It's confirmed. In fact, there are screenshots with a thread here called something along the lines of it.

Blog Entries

Visit Pokemon Coordinator's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ralli View Post
    Yeah...there is. It's confirmed. In fact, there are screenshots with a thread here called something along the lines of it.
    Ohh, thank you! *goes to search*
    Will update this bloody signature

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

DO WANT.

Pikachu looks so awfully cute in the animation at the beginning.

Awwwwwwwww, what a cute commercial. Too bad the quality sucks.

It's tasting time! Kasumi's Avatar Former Art Director
    Blog Entries
    Follow Kasumi On Twitter Add Kasumi on Google+
    Follow Kasumi on Tumblr Follow Kasumi on Flickr

What do you expect? It's Youtube. :p

You know, it has been on the official website for a month by now:
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/dungeon/story/movie/large.html

Speaking of MD 2, I haven't seen any new info on it translated on major english sites such as Serebii or PE2k...for like 2 months.

I don't see why it deserves less covereage then the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake View Post
    Speaking of MD 2, I haven't seen any new info on it translated on major english sites such as Serebii or PE2k...for like 2 months.

I don't see why it deserves less covereage then the other games.
    That's true. It really seems like people (including myself, have to admit that) aren't that much interested. The scans are there, but no translations. And I wish I could do it myself.

Ah, hopefully when it actually comes out the info will be there.

It looks a slight better then the first, and I'm still interested in seeing if they fixed any of the minor complaints.

Blog Entries

For a game so marginally altered from its predecessor, its announcement was made prematurely. This is one month of coverage too many.

So, people still want to know about it.

I'm sure as hell interested. You may've seen me noting stuff I've seen in the scans before (I also commented on this trailer when it was first released on the site). My biggest concerns are whether or not Sheimi and Arceus will be included in the data before their official release, and whether we'll still have Friend Areas (that menu with Chiriin really worries me).

Quote Originally Posted by Habunake View Post
    It looks a slight better then the first, and I'm still interested in seeing if they fixed any of the minor complaints.
    yeah, there's quite a bit that they could fix from the first game, especially in how to deal with your party. It sucks that you can't see them following you in town, they separate every time you return to base forcing you to retrieve them at their Friend Areas, you can have four members but can only actually enter a dungeon with three or less, the ability to instantly switch your leader with the Pokemon joining your party would sure be nice (instead, you gotta have a Pokemon in your party, switch it to your leader, then dump off your previous leader if you don't want it... sure makes evolving several Pokemon at a time a pain in the ass), and that size system is just too fucking flawed (it doesn't really make much sense when you've got Kabigon and Fushigibana at one star while Laplace is at four stars. Perhaps this was some sad excuse to not get you to abuse the legendary birds once you get them, but that logic's thrown out the window when you consider the legendaries aren't really that strong in MD once they join you... they've fallen to Magus syndrome apparently... and you're gonna end up getting several legendaries with one star soon anyway, if you haven't already. It's not like size actually affects dungeons either since the characters still take up one panel, even though their sprite overlaps into adjacent panels. All they're really doing is restricting players from making whatever team combinations they please... surely a huge GS fan would want a Lugia/Houou team-up, among other things).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

It appears that the mysterious badass Grovyle I recall seeing in some scan before wasn't just some random Pokemon. Clearly I must watch this game closely!

And I agree with Yamato-san that the size system has to go, especially since it introduces the annoyance of having to limit party size when you go to recruit a large Pokemon(most Legendaries in particular). Same goes for a lot of the party stuff - why should we have to go alone to evolve something? Why can't we enter the dungeon with the max 4 party members(I suppose they wanted to prevent you from not being able to recruit things, but come on, it's your own damn fault if you go out to recruit something and have too many party members)?

Oh, and I hate the friend area system - why limit which Pokemon the player can recruit based on whether or not they have the money for Friend Areas? I'd have them unlocked by story events at worst, scrapped entirely(or else have them all available from the very beginning) at best.

I'd also like to see them make an effort at making different dungeons be noticably different in areas other than their tilesets and what Pokemon live in them. Surely a cave area wouldn't have the same sorts of "room" patterns as a forest would? And how about adding halls that are more than one tile wide? I can't imagine that every place would force Pokemon to walk in single file lines to go from open area to open area.

--- Last.fm---

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast