Pokemon Home Console Game

Thread: Pokemon Home Console Game

Default Pokemon Home Console Game

I was thinking about the subject of a home console pokemon RPG, It seems to me that with the Nintendo Wii now is a good time for Nintendo to make one. It could either be a remake of Red/Blue or a brand new Story. The tools are all there, I mean look at Zelda, Wind Waker on the gamecube. The World in that was big enough, and with a few adjustments the visual style could be very similar to the anime. Since the Wii is more powerful than the Gamecube was it should be easy. It could be party based and you could choose who you want on your team, i.e Brock, Misty etc. They could use the V.As to provide dialouge, Imagine flying in full 3D on the back of Charrizard or surfing on the back of Gyrados through the orange islands, New missions/adventures could be added through the Wii's online capiabilities with the V.As providing new dialouge, hell it could even be a mmorpg. The possibilities are amazing and this game could be the biggest seller of all time. Of course all of this is wishfull thinking, but what would your ideal Wii pokemon game be.

I'd rather have an entirely new Pokemon game that's unrelated to the anime and previous games.

Blog Entries

Hey, that wouldn't work. Sure they have the graphical technology, but you try fitting all the game mechanics, moves, items, etc., plus a battle engine onto that disc.

I don't see why it couldn't.

If Genius Sonority would be developing the game, it would not work as an innovative game. The company is not big enough and has neither the funding nor the staff for a big Final Fantasy-like, Pokemon project.

And as I believe, it's a matter of storyline. For some reason, they never actually tried to make a great storyline, in Pokemon games. I don't blame them. The main games have to stay as they are. There is not need for a specific storyline, as all the other quests, fill this "blank". I mean, the story mode of the game lasts a few ours, but the player will play more than double that time, in average. What I'm trying to say is that making a game with the same mechanics as the main RPGs is not essential. I would rather prefer an Action/RPG, in Kingdom Hearts/Final Fantasy XIII -VERSUS- style. If it would be up to them to make a mature storyline, they should do so. But allow me to doubt about whether they will make such a game, or not.

I was just reading an X-Box 360 games mag and there was a game previewed that was based on a japanese manga, apparently this game allows you to play through the events of the first 80 episodes of that series, its free roaming too, the game is called Naruto, take a look and tell me why Pokemon never gets good home console games

That series is more action-based, and easier to make into a game. I mean, how would you play through the Pokemon anime? Look at all those fillers. With Naruto, it all fits into a nice storyline, and that anime has already had a bunch of succesful games. The Pokemon anime isn't meant to be made into a game, and shouldn't be.

Banner by anime_aficionada.

Nintendo Power 219 has a preview of the Naruto RPG (Path of the Ninja) for the DS. Due out Q4 2007.

Pokémon anime not meant to be made into a game?!? So what was Yellow then!?
    "My trainer is different from other trainers. My trainer is in the bottom percentage of trainers. Okay bye." - Pikachu
    Claimed 24/11/2012
    Are you a Pokéfur? If so, come to http://www.pokefurs.net !

Blog Entries

Yellow was barely based on the Anime, just like how the Anime was barely baseed on the game. The only thing the same was that you got Pikachu and the three starters, and of course Jessie, James, and Meowth.

I don't really want a Pokemon game with an intense plot. It takes away from the fact that this is supposed to be your adventure, not some berret wearing boy, or a 10 year old girl who wears a mini skirt in the snow.