Pokemon G/S/C internal battery

Thread: Pokemon G/S/C internal battery

Default Pokemon G/S/C internal battery

so I just changed the internal battery of my pokemon gold. I didn't solder it, but I taped it and it is secured with the cartridge pressing against it. But I was wondering. Is there a way that you can hook up some sort of ROM chip instead of an internal battery so this doesn't happen again? I'm just worried that my game will have the same save problem in the future.

A new battery should last for over 10 years, so depending on how you fitted it and how long you plan to play for it shouldn't be much of problem.

As for roms I don't know

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The internal battery running out is a hardware issue, so no patch or ROM would be able to fix it.

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

Unless you can find a way to reprogram the game to not need the internal clock, and then disable said clock, it'll probably have the same lifespan as it did before.

It's the clock that saps the G/S/C batteries prematurely. The batteries constantly are in use to keep time, wherein other older cart-based games, they are normally reserved only for save game storage.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

Blog Entries

There is no way to reprogram the game since it is not stored in EEPROM but in a more permanent form of ROM which cannot be erased and rewritten. This means that the data, just like that on a CD-R or a DVD-R for example is permanent once it is written to the ROM chip by special hardware presumably and cannot be erased.
    Are you a fan of Misty? if so please visit #misty4ever on irc.systemnet.info or through this gateway. http://raybound.com/misty/HeavyApplet.html
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Want Johto on DVD in the US and Canada? LET VIZ KNOW! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pokemonjohto

Blog Entries

And that's that. :p

Best route to go would be to get someone experienced in small electronics to make it so you can easily swap the battery just by opening the cart. You'll lose the data every few years, but you can easily fix the game up.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb