Pokemon Fire Red: Something weird happened to me. - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Fire Red: Something weird happened to me.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Definitely a trio imitation. As for why the Pokédex says nothing, well, that's preprogrammed, altering the wild Pokémon data never changes anything. Say you make Cyndaquil wild on Route 1, by hacking the game's ROM on a computer or something. I've done it, then looked at the entry. Nothing indicates its availability in an odd area unless the Pokédex itself is reprogrammed.

Don't ask me how they programmed Latios/Latias and the Beasts, though.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Special cases, of course.

The Living Legend of Fury

Well, to deal with the problem, and never be bugged by the Dratini again, I went ahead and caught it. It's too strong for me to train tho. Pokemon caught at a lower level tend to get stronger than pokemon caught at a higher level, and that's why I refuse to train that Dratini. I'm just gonna give it to someone by trade. Probably my nephew's best friend. He's been begging me for it.

φιλομαθής Zhen Lin's Avatar Vice-Webmaster

Again, a misconception. This perceived discrepancy is because of EVs, or effort values. You can read about this on any number of sites.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    Don't ask me how they programmed Latios/Latias and the Beasts, though.
    Black magic.

The Living Legend of Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Zhen Lin View Post
    Again, a misconception. This perceived discrepancy is because of EVs, or effort values. You can read about this on any number of sites.
    A misconception of what? You don't believe that pokemon caught at a lower level tend to get stronger than a pokemon caught a higher level?
    I compared 2 pokemon. I caught an Onix at Lv. 8 in Mt. Moon, and my nephews friend caught a Lv. 48 Onix in Victory Road. We both trained our Onix's to Lv. 50, and guess what? All my Onix's stats were ALOT better than my nephew's friend's Onix. I'm thinking about giving my Onix the Metal Coat and trading him over so I can have a Steelix if I don't find a Scyther soon. I personally prefer Scizor over Steelix.

That's because you had a chance to EV train your Onix from level 8. Your nephew's friend only had a chance to EV train his own Onix from level 48. Even a level 48 Onix could end up having great stats if you EV trained him as much as you trained a level 8 Onix.

...wait a minute, there are no Onix in Mt. Moon! The earliest you can find an Onix is at Rock Tunnel, and they're closer to level 15.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Fury View Post
    A misconception of what? You don't believe that pokemon caught at a lower level tend to get stronger than a pokemon caught a higher level?
    I compared 2 pokemon. I caught an Onix at Lv. 8 in Mt. Moon, and my nephews friend caught a Lv. 48 Onix in Victory Road. We both trained our Onix's to Lv. 50, and guess what? All my Onix's stats were ALOT better than my nephew's friend's Onix. I'm thinking about giving my Onix the Metal Coat and trading him over so I can have a Steelix if I don't find a Scyther soon. I personally prefer Scizor over Steelix.
    like said before
    thats because of EV training...
    go google up Pokemon EV training
    or search it up on a pokemon site that explains the pokemon game mechanics

Woot yes i RAWK!!
    also Harley does too!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Once each hits max EVs (presuming they're in the same stats, highly unlikely), at the same level they should have close to the same power.

You'll know when a Pokémon's maxed EV-wise if you talk to the lady in Slateport in RSE, she'll give it a ribbon for it.

Blog Entries

Is there some sort of taboo regarding hyperlinks leading to web pages on the subject of Effort Values?

This is where English players came to know of Effort Values.

∠(>w<) #634 Argy's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow Argy On Twitter
    Add Argy on Linkedin

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid Fury View Post
    I'm thinking about giving my Onix the Metal Coat and trading him over so I can have a Steelix if I don't find a Scyther soon.
    Sorry for going off topic, but does the Metal Coat (and other evolution items) disappear once it's used?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

It does. Unfortunately.

The breeding items don't, though.

like a missingo sounding like darkai - happened to my old old old old old friend - it was weird

championshipping no miko!

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Azurill View Post
    I caught Missingno one time in pokemon red, and when I traded it to pokemon gold, it was a Magby. ^o^ So I always thought Missingno was intentional or something.

(I traded over multiple Missingno pokemon, but they mostly turned into Magby or Cleffa.)
    You´re lucky, I caught Missingno several times in Blue Version, but it would never trade over to Silver or Crystal for me...

For me, it showed up as Miltank and Stantler.
    Hi! I'm shadow/phantomness! I founded Championshipping (Lance x Red).

http://www.geocities.com/shadowphantomness/index.html
    <--- My Page!

I am desperately trying to avoid reading yaoi and yuri, without much success...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deoxys rules View Post
    like a missingo sounding like darkai - happened to my old old old old old friend - it was weird
    Obviously an error. Do you even know what Darkrai's call sounds like? And did you at the time? I really don't think so.

Haven't really encountered any glitches in anything after RBY, in all actuality. Heck, I haven't even done the cloning glitch in Emerald yet...

However, I did find a thirteenth box in Red once, with glitched Pokémon. Most specifically, there was OdOdOdOdOd, a Seadra with Sky Attack. I traded it to GS and evolved it, and since then, every male Kingdra I've had I named OdOdOdOdOd after I caught it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast